Get In The Ring!!! First Six VAN HALEN Records VS. The First Five UFO Records On The Chrysalis Label Eddie VS. Michael! Don't "FORCE IT!"

RUSHHEAD666

You All Have Been Given "Fair Warning!" "Lord Strike This Poor Poll Down!" "Lights Out, Lights Out On The Rush Forum!" I'm HOT 'N' READY Cause I'm "HOT FOR TEACHER!"  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which String Of Albums Kick Ass The Most To Your Lucky Ears? "Rock Bottom" Or "Bottoms Up?"

• The First Six Van Halen Albums! "ON FIRE!"
    • The First Five Chrysalis UFO Albums! "LET IT ROLL!"

Strangers in the Night is a great album, and I wish Roth-era VH had done something as good, live.

But for the studio albums, this one is Van Halen down the line. More variation, more surprises.

Edited by Nova Carmina
  • Like 1

Roth is a better lyricist than Mogg, but Mogg is the better singer.

Wow!! Well stated my friend!!!! I get it!!! I love both singers so much!!!

You and I can just go with Angelo Moore!!!!! GENIUS!

FISHBONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!

That's been our inside joke for 14 years!!!! LOL!

"TRUTH AND SOUL" BABY!

I chose UFO because I grew up with them and was a big fan of mad Mickey. Was EVH a better guitarist?? ..... sure ..... but UFO were very personal to me and in my eyes a better band.

I was fortunate enough to see them with Schenker at their peak in London 1977. Skinny dude with straight blond hair crouched over a Flying V in classic rock pose .... a sight to behold.

The 5 Chrysalis albums -

Phenomenon - The addition of Schenker elevated UFO from being an ok space-rock band to a sh*t hot hard rock unit. To this day the solo in Rock Bottom is one of my faves of all time.

Force It - The first UFO album I bought. They were not at all well known at the time so I like to think of them as one of my musical 'discoveries'! Good place to start for a first time listener.

No Heavy Petting - This wasn't that well received at the time although I loved it! Can You Roll Her rocks like a mad rocky rock thing! Natural Thing is probably the best known of the tracks.

Lights Out - The band was big time now. Such a strong album. My second favourite after Force It. A band at their peak.

Obsession - The last album before Schenker jumped ship. Another strong effort.

So that's my view of things. I am sure a lot of you guys on that side of the pond will hold VH with equal affection - they are a rock institution after all, but with me it's a personal thing with UFO.

ZEPP!! I love your post!!!

This is why I haven't voted yet. This is why I wrote this poll. My heart wants to go with VAN HALEN, but I love UFO so much too!!!

I love that you are open with your feelings about your rock and roll bands. I can feel it through the computer my friend.

UFO with Schenker RULES! The Chapman Years are good too. RIP!

I confess, I love when Schenker went back to UFO and they did "WALK ON WATER" together. That album RIPS!!!!!!!! MASTERPIECE REUNION RECORD!!!

Cheers buddy!!

• Like 2

Van Halen. Pure magic before the Hagar years.

Your post is pure magic to my eyes and my ears. You know how I feel about the SLAM HALEN YEARS. FCUK ME! YUCK ME!!! LOL! JUNK!

"Could This Be Magic?"

Well I am sure some of you know that my top two bands in the world are....

RUSH

VAN HALEN (ROTH YEARS)

So I guess it's not that hard for to choose, yet I get it. Schenker Chrysalis Years are also Magic.

Ok.

I'm glad I waited. "I'll Wait." LOL!

It's VAN HALEN.

• Like 2

giphy.gif

55!!!!!

I hope you are doing well and are safe!! Long time no type!

Your video has also sealed the deal. I guess I'm just nostalgic and in love with so many bands.

VAN HALEN RULES!!

Just look at Alex's drum kit. HOLY SHIT!!!!!

INCREDBILE!

VAN HALEN IT IS!

• Like 1

Van Halen 6 pack

Hahahahahaha!!!! Hi Water!!

I love it! I will take the VAN HALEN six pack!!! Refreshing, ice cold yet HOT FOR TEACHER!

Yeah, a five pack is ok, but it's missing a beer can.

"Toes in the sand, drink in my hand......" DONE!

• Like 1

I played Lights Out and Obsession as much as any other albums I own when I first bought them. I LOOVE Schenker-era UFO.

But, come on.

Rick!!!

I love it!! "Lights Out" and "Obsession" RULE!

But yes!!!! "CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE!"

No Quiet Riot here tonight. It's calm.

VAN HALEN!!!!

• Like 2

Strangers in the Night is a great album, and I wish Roth-era VH had done something as good, live.

But for the studio albums, this one is Van Halen down the line. More variation, more surprises.

Nova!!!!

I love your post too.

You nailed it.

"Strangers In The Night" is one of the greatest live records on the Earth. "Live And Dangerous" comes to mind too. LIZZY.

It's so weird that real VAN HALEN never did a live record.

Was it because Dave was to drunk all the time and forgot a lot of words? Funny how every rips on Vince Neil. He was always shitfaced and forgot lyrics too.

Anyway, it's not about Dave Vs Vince. I love them both. I am a Rock And Roll Whore. LOL!

You all know this. Ha!

I actually have a "1984" Live Fan Only Soundboard Cd Bootleg. It's legit. For the Fan Club only.

It's incredible sound quality but Dave fucksss up all night.

So I get it.

I still love the live Van Halen boots I have.

See that's what's funny about UFO.

UFO has a TON of real live recordings. Chrysalis released all the UFO stuff with live tracks. Big box sets with all live stuff. It's incredible.

So there's my take.

Perhaps early VAN HALEN live stuff was never good enough to release on Warner.

Perhaps VAN HALEN partied too much and the suits at Warner just said fuckk this shit.

Get these jokers back in the studio. LOL!

VAN HALEN RULES!

• Like 2

FISHBONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!

"TRUTH AND SOUL" BABY!

Mystic Mogg!

• Like 1

Nova!!!!

I love your post too.

You nailed it.

"Strangers In The Night" is one of the greatest live records on the Earth. "Live And Dangerous" comes to mind too. LIZZY.

It's so weird that real VAN HALEN never did a live record.

Was it because Dave was to drunk all the time and forgot a lot of words? Funny how every rips on Vince Neil. He was always shitfaced and forgot lyrics too.

Anyway, it's not about Dave Vs Vince. I love them both. I am a Rock And Roll Whore. LOL!

You all know this. Ha!

I actually have a "1984" Live Fan Only Soundboard Cd Bootleg. It's legit. For the Fan Club only.

It's incredible sound quality but Dave fucksss up all night.

So I get it.

I still love the live Van Halen boots I have.

See that's what's funny about UFO.

UFO has a TON of real live recordings. Chrysalis released all the UFO stuff with live tracks. Big box sets with all live stuff. It's incredible.

So there's my take.

Perhaps early VAN HALEN live stuff was never good enough to release on Warner.

Perhaps VAN HALEN partied too much and the suits at Warner just said fuckk this shit.

Get these jokers back in the studio. LOL!

VAN HALEN RULES!

Who's the better drummer Alex or Parker?

• Like 1

I chose UFO because I grew up with them and was a big fan of mad Mickey. Was EVH a better guitarist?? ..... sure ..... but UFO were very personal to me and in my eyes a better band.

I was fortunate enough to see them with Schenker at their peak in London 1977. Skinny dude with straight blond hair crouched over a Flying V in classic rock pose .... a sight to behold.

The 5 Chrysalis albums -

Phenomenon - The addition of Schenker elevated UFO from being an ok space-rock band to a sh*t hot hard rock unit. To this day the solo in Rock Bottom is one of my faves of all time.

Force It - The first UFO album I bought. They were not at all well known at the time so I like to think of them as one of my musical 'discoveries'! Good place to start for a first time listener.

No Heavy Petting - This wasn't that well received at the time although I loved it! Can You Roll Her rocks like a mad rocky rock thing! Natural Thing is probably the best known of the tracks.

Lights Out - The band was big time now. Such a strong album. My second favourite after Force It. A band at their peak.

Obsession - The last album before Schenker jumped ship. Another strong effort.

So that's my view of things. I am sure a lot of you guys on that side of the pond will hold VH with equal affection - they are a rock institution after all, but with me it's a personal thing with UFO.

ZEPP!! I love your post!!!

This is why I haven't voted yet. This is why I wrote this poll. My heart wants to go with VAN HALEN, but I love UFO so much too!!!

I love that you are open with your feelings about your rock and roll bands. I can feel it through the computer my friend.

UFO with Schenker RULES! The Chapman Years are good too. RIP!

I confess, I love when Schenker went back to UFO and they did "WALK ON WATER" together. That album RIPS!!!!!!!! MASTERPIECE REUNION RECORD!!!

Cheers buddy!!

Who's the better bass player Earl? Pete Way RIP or Michael Anthony?

• Like 1

giphy.gif

55!!!!!

I hope you are doing well and are safe!! Long time no type!

Your video has also sealed the deal. I guess I'm just nostalgic and in love with so many bands.

VAN HALEN RULES!!

Just look at Alex's drum kit. HOLY SHIT!!!!!

INCREDBILE!

VAN HALEN IT IS!

Earl who's the better keyboard player Paul Raymond or Eddie?

• Like 1

Van Halen. Pure magic before the Hagar years.

Your post is pure magic to my eyes and my ears. You know how I feel about the SLAM HALEN YEARS. FCUK ME! YUCK ME!!! LOL! JUNK!

"Could This Be Magic?"

Well I am sure some of you know that my top two bands in the world are....

RUSH

VAN HALEN (ROTH YEARS)

So I guess it's not that hard for to choose, yet I get it. Schenker Chrysalis Years are also Magic.

Ok.

I'm glad I waited. "I'll Wait." LOL!

It's VAN HALEN.

Who's the better dancer Roth or Vinnie Moore?

• Like 1

FISHBONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!

"TRUTH AND SOUL" BABY!

Mystic Mogg!

:LMAO:

FISHBONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!

"TRUTH AND SOUL" BABY!

Mystic Mogg!

Aye!

• Like 1

FISHBONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!

"TRUTH AND SOUL" BABY!

Mystic Mogg!

Aye!

It's been an interesting poll ..... got me digging out some vintage UFO for a blast!

FISHBONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!

"TRUTH AND SOUL" BABY!

Mystic Mogg!

Aye!

It's been an interesting poll ..... got me digging out some vintage UFO for a blast!

Name your top 5 UFO albums.

• Like 1

Van Halen 6 pack

Hahahahahaha!!!! Hi Water!!

I love it! I will take the VAN HALEN six pack!!! Refreshing, ice cold yet HOT FOR TEACHER!

Yeah, a five pack is ok, but it's missing a beer can.

"Toes in the sand, drink in my hand......" DONE!

32779724-8698323-image-a-124_1599230251705.jpg

• Like 3

FISHBONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!

"TRUTH AND SOUL" BABY!

Mystic Mogg!

Aye!

All very personal for me ... a lot happening in my life in those days all centered around music .....

1. Force It ..... first album I bought .... the day my A-level results came out - always remember heading to school to pick up the results and then into the record shop where i bought this. Happy days!

2. Lights Out ...... first tour I saw them on. A bunch of local lads in a metal band were going and had a spare ticket. They were a couple of years older than me so looked after a young 19yr old Paul in big old London.

3. Phenomenon....... all I need to say is Rock Bottom!

4. Obsession ...... last of the great UFO/Schenker albums. Sure he returned but the magic was somehow gone.

5. No Heavy Petting. The badly treated runt of the litter.

All 5 from this magic Chrysalis period. Others were good, including the mighty Strangers In The Night but for me these 5 were so special.

• Like 2

FISHBONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!

"TRUTH AND SOUL" BABY!

Mystic Mogg!

Aye!

All very personal for me ... a lot happening in my life in those days all centered around music .....

1. Force It ..... first album I bought .... the day my A-level results came out - always remember heading to school to pick up the results and then into the record shop where i bought this. Happy days!

2. Lights Out ...... first tour I saw them on. A bunch of local lads in a metal band were going and had a spare ticket. They were a couple of years older than me so looked after a young 19yr old Paul in big old London.

3. Phenomenon....... all I need to say is Rock Bottom!

4. Obsession ...... last of the great UFO/Schenker albums. Sure he returned but the magic was somehow gone.

5. No Heavy Petting. The badly treated runt of the litter.

All 5 from this magic Chrysalis period. Others were good, including the mighty Strangers In The Night but for me these 5 were so special.

I've got Lights Out and then Obsession as my top 2. I'm not sure after that, probably Force It next.

• Like 1