Wandering the Face of the Earth - A Passage to Bangkok

Relayer2112

It's mentioned in "Wandering the Face of the Earth" that they didn't play "A Passage to Bangkok" until the "Tour of the Hemispheres" because technology had improved which allowed them to play it.

Not being overly familiar with their old set lists until reading this book, I just assumed that Bangkok was a part of their set right from the get go after 2112 was released. I just can't figure out what would have been technically challenging in that song to prevent them from playing it. Does anyone have an idea?

the smoking sound effect at like 9 seconds in the song maybe?

I wish they could've played Twilight Zone a lot more and play Lessons at least a few times...

It is strange why it wasn't played live in 76. They certainly made the most of the technology they had available when they did decide to play it live, Taurus pedals, doubleneck guitars etc.

Possibly more to do with the restricted setlist time they had then. The same reason why 2112 wasn't played in its entirety upon release.

I would agree with above ... in an interview Geddy done a lot of years back he said the Taurus allowed him play rhythm guitar (on double-neck)

and the bass parts on the Taurus while Alex was soloing.

• Like 1

I KID YOU NOT.

While reading this thread just now, I turned on my Windows Media Player and started a new random playlist.

The first song to play? Yep, it was BANGKOK!! :haz: :haz: :haz:

• Like 5