JELLYFISH

I failed to have this band on my radar at the time and it was only recently that I was encouraged to give them a spin. What a marvelous band and pair of studio albums! Embarrassed to have missed them at the time, but grateful to be discovering them now.

Any fans? Share your thoughts, favorite songs, etc.

• Like 2

Just have the originals and Jason Falkner's Artist Unknown. Haven't gotten the reissues yet. Probably been about a year since I pulled one of them off of the shelf for a spin. Know about Lickerish Quartet, but haven't listened to any of it yet.

I failed to have this band on my radar at the time and it was only recently that I was encouraged to give them a spin. What a marvelous band and pair of studio albums! Embarrassed to have missed them at the time, but grateful to be discovering them now.

Any fans? Share your thoughts, favorite songs, etc.

I love Jellyfish. FYI: The "Bellybutton" Japan pressing has six bonus live tracks.

Also Japan reissued the first two albums in SHM encoding with a bonus disc!!!!!

Was interesting to learn that their producer (and these albums sound amazing, I might add) was responsible for so many of the Bee Gees hits, including the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack among a metric fuckton of other hits. (Albhy Galuten)
  • Like 2

Was interesting to learn that their producer (and these albums sound amazing, I might add) was responsible for so many of the Bee Gees hits, including the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack among a metric fuckton of other hits. (Albhy Galuten)

I didn't know that! I love Bee Gees. All of these years on here and I have never read or seen "fuckton" combined as one word. Hilarious. It will be the name of my new band. lol

• Like 1

will check it out.

TBH ... i struggled a bit with them ..bits i liked, bits i didn't. But certainly not dull. In a strange way they remind me of XTC ..... again another band i could only like in part.

According to the music mag i get, The Lickerish Quartet (who i believe consist of members of Jellyfish) are making new stuff ..... donno if that is of interest to you?

I like it so far. need to do more research. these guys have been on my radar for years but i never listened before.

this is because mike portnoy has been pimping these guys for years. in the past MP recommendations have led me to spocks beard, porcupine tree and between the buried and me.

heres an MP quote

Which prog album always gets you in a good mood?

Jellyfish’s second album Spilt Milk is so experimental, like Pet Sounds meets A Night At The Opera. There’s so much depth to it.

Edited by tangy

I think i prefer spilt milk. new mistake is my fave thus far. ( after one listen ) and having only heard a handful of tunes so far. i am listening to them on pandora.

they are good at what they do, thats for sure