Priest fans, name your top 5 Priest albums

treeduck

1. Killing Machine

2. Screaming for Vengeance

3. Stained Class

4. Firepower

5. Painkiller

Mick

We have very similar taste in Priest! :) Glad to see I'm not the only one with Firepower all the way in the top 5. :haz:

• Like 1

1. Killing Machine

3. Stained Class

4. Firepower

5. Painkiller

Mick

We have very similar taste in Priest! :) Glad to see I'm not the only one with Firepower all the way in the top 5. :haz:

I've got Firepower at #8.

• Like 1

1. Killing Machine

3. Stained Class

4. Firepower

5. Painkiller

Mick

i said that about firepower being top 5 here people acted like i said i peeled my parents skin off and wore it. lol

it's fukkin' awesome. worthy of being up there with classic Priest.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 4

1. Killing Machine

3. Stained Class

4. Firepower

5. Painkiller

Mick

It's an incredible record. Most bands are just not able to pull off this level of quality some 40 years down the road.

• Like 1

1. Killing Machine

3. Stained Class

4. Firepower

5. Painkiller

Mick

It's an incredible record. Most bands are just not able to pull off this level of quality some 40 years down the road.

I know!

What do you think the next new Priest album will be like? And can the new KK's Priest album match either?

• Like 2

1. Killing Machine

3. Stained Class

4. Firepower

5. Painkiller

Mick

I know!

What do you think the next new Priest album will be like? And can the new KK's Priest album match either?

I'm really not sure. I don't doubt KK is gonna try his best with his cast of hired guns (isn't Les Binks in that band? that should be good), but he's never struck me as a great songwriter, more just a great guitarist. I think that one will go the best if it's a true collaborative effort with everyone involved. I would love to hear some wailed wah-wah KK solos again. If I'm not mistaken I think Glenn started taking most of the solos around the 80s, not that I'm complaining, Glenn is incredible.

As for the new Priest album proper. If they get Andy Sneap back on the boards and Glenn and Richie are both working at full capacity, I see no reason why the follow up to Firepower shouldn't be nearly as enjoyable. To best it would be a tough challenge, but I do think they have a chance of even pulling that off if they're each firing on all cylinders.

• Like 2

1. Killing Machine

3. Stained Class

4. Firepower

5. Painkiller

Mick

I know!

I'm really not sure. I don't doubt KK is gonna try his best with his cast of hired guns (isn't Les Binks in that band? that should be good), but he's never struck me as a great songwriter, more just a great guitarist. I think that one will go the best if it's a true collaborative effort with everyone involved. I would love to hear some wailed wah-wah KK solos again. If I'm not mistaken I think Glenn started taking most of the solos around the 80s, not that I'm complaining, Glenn is incredible.

As for the new Priest album proper. If they get Andy Sneap back on the boards and Glenn and Richie are both working at full capacity, I see no reason why the follow up to Firepower shouldn't be nearly as enjoyable. To best it would be a tough challenge, but I do think they have a chance of even pulling that off if they're each firing on all cylinders.

it's gonna be tough.

Firepower all out floored me i was expecting a fun ok older era album

they melted my face in a way they shouldn't have be able to do lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

1. Killing Machine

3. Stained Class

4. Firepower

5. Painkiller

Mick

I know!

KK and his rent-a-band aren't going to have shit on whatever Priest does next.

• Like 3

1. Killing Machine

3. Stained Class

4. Firepower

5. Painkiller

Mick

I know!

Will this KK's Priest band force people to reevaluate all of Downing's work with Priest? Should Halford and Tipton now get full credit?

1. Killing Machine

3. Stained Class

4. Firepower

5. Painkiller

Mick

I know!

Will this KK's Priest band force people to reevaluate all of Downing's work with Priest? Should Halford and Tipton now get full credit?

No, KK was a valuable member while he was in, can't take that away from him. But he's gone now and his replacement is every bit as valuable.

• Like 1

1. Killing Machine

3. Stained Class

4. Firepower

5. Painkiller

Mick

I know!

No, KK was a valuable member while he was in, can't take that away from him. But he's gone now and his replacement is every bit as valuable.

What if Priest decide to bring in a new guitarist if Andy Sneap wants to go back to producing, mixing and engineering full time? Who could it be?

1. Killing Machine

3. Stained Class

4. Firepower

5. Painkiller

Mick

I know!

What if Priest decide to bring in a new guitarist if Andy Sneap wants to go back to producing, mixing and engineering full time? Who could it be?

That's a good question. If the band could just clear things up with KK then I'd rather see KK and Richie on tour than anyone else. That probably won't happen though...anyone know what Marty Friedman's up to?

• Like 1

1. Killing Machine

3. Stained Class

4. Firepower

5. Painkiller

Mick

I know!

That's a good question. If the band could just clear things up with KK then I'd rather see KK and Richie on tour than anyone else. That probably won't happen though...anyone know what Marty Friedman's up to?

He's in Japan under lockdown!

1. Killing Machine

3. Stained Class

4. Firepower

5. Painkiller

Mick

i said that about firepower being top 5 here people acted like i said i peeled my parents skin off and wore it. lol

it's fukkin' awesome. worthy of being up there with classic Priest.

Mick

Lolol...I am going to have to give it some more listening time.

• Like 2

1. Stained Class

2. Sad Wings of Destiny

3. Sin After Sin

4. British Steel

5. Killing Machine

This was difficult, for me not to include Screaming for Vengeance, and Painkiller, and even Angel of Retribution. All just great metal records, up there with the absolute best of Priest. But those five there, I couldn’t boot any of them out.

• Like 1

Just for the record here's the rest of my Priest rankings (as it is today):

1. Sad Wings of Destiny

2. Stained Class

3. Killing Machine

4. Sin After Sin

5. Screaming For Vengeance

6. Defenders of the Faith

7. British Steel

8. Firepower

9. Angel of Retribution

10. Redeemer of Souls

11. Painkiller

12. Point of Entry

13. Rocka Rolla

14. Turbo

15. Ram it Down

16. Nostradamus

17. Jugulator

18. Demolition

• Like 4

Vengeance

British Steel

Stained Class

Firepower

Hell Bent For Leather

Special mention: Point Of Entry. Such a strange and cool record.

• Like 3

British Steel

Screaming For Vengeance

Firepower

Point of Entry

Turbo

I'm a big fan of Turbo and Point of Entry, even though I have them lower on my list. I'm a big fan of all the Halford-era albums.

• Like 1