Just now, bluefox4000 said:

his reviews are sooooo informative too

"this song.  like it a lot"

"next track.....don't like it. not.  not good."

thanks Pete-y

Lol

Mick

There was a video where he introduced Maiden and was like "a British band, from England"

And I was like...who the f**k watches these videos not knowing basic facts like that? He does that A LOT.

"What we have here is a guitar solo". NO SHIT SHERLOCK, YOU'RE REVIEWING MALMSTEEN.

• Haha 2

Anyway, onto Invincible Shield.

Magnificent album, it's not my favourite, it's on par with Firepower. My opinion is that both albums offer a little something the other doesn't, and both do what they do extremely well.

And erm...I think they are the bands best albums since before Turbo. I include Painkiller in that.

12 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I find his taste in music amazing. I find his opinions mostly annoying, and he speaks the most basic facts like it's the cleverest thing ever spoken aloud.

I might play this, just to cringe.

How can a man who literally calls himself a square give a radical review?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, treeduck said:

How can a man who literally calls himself a square give a radical review?

How do you feel about me not being a fan of Redeemer?

I tried to replay it...I find it kinda awful...

19 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

There was a video where he introduced Maiden and was like "a British band, from England"

And I was like...who the f**k watches these videos not knowing basic facts like that? He does that A LOT.

"What we have here is a guitar solo". NO SHIT SHERLOCK, YOU'RE REVIEWING MALMSTEEN.

"If your looking for guitar solos you might wanna try van Halen.....in fact the first track has a solo"

:facepalm:

Mick

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

How do you feel about me not being a fan of Redeemer?

I tried to replay it...I find it kinda awful...

Is it the production, a lot of people complained about that at the time?

"If your looking for guitar solos you might wanna try van Halen.....in fact the first track has a solo"

Mick

"And here we have a little known UK indie boy band. You might wanna remember this album title: Abbey Road."

It's that annoying energy that does me in.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

Pardo hasn't been the same since he shaved off his ridiculous '80s mullet.

• Haha 2

Just now, treeduck said:

Is it the production, a lot of people complained about that at the time?

Yes! And I also feel the songs are so by-the-numbers. Firepower just ripped on a whole other level, I find it really impressive.

• Like 1

Just now, Segue Myles said:

Yes! And I also feel the songs are so by-the-numbers. Firepower just ripped on a whole other level, I find it really impressive.

Well personally I like it, I think Firepower and Shield are better but to my ears it's a very cool album. Do you not even like Dragonaut? What about Cold Blooded? The Sword of Damocles? Or Halls of Valhalla and March of the Damned?

• Like 2

Just now, treeduck said:

Well personally I like it, I think Firepower and Shield are better but to my ears it's a very cool album. Do you not even like Dragonaut? What about Cold Blooded? The Sword of Damocles? Or Halls of Valhalla and March of the Damned?

Maybe I should try it again, its actually not "awful", I will wash my mouth out for saying that, but after Angel and Nostradamus (oof...I like that a lot), it comes off a little closer to mid-tier Saxon to me.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

"And here we have a little known UK indie boy band. You might wanna remember this album title: Abbey Road."

It's that annoying energy that does me in.

and now you got me going his merry band of snobby idiots does me in too.

ok i'm being a little extra.  but his whole gang give off such we know better vibes.

Mick

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, treeduck said:

Pardo hasn't been the same since he shaved off his ridiculous '80s mullet.

gosh he looked like benjamin Franklin, lol

Mick

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

and now you got me going his merry band of snobby idiots does me in too.

ok i'm being a little extra.  but his whole gang give off such we know better vibes.

Mick

A bit like the Empire movie group 🤣

• Haha 1

or as i call them...The Nolan suck off company:laugh:

Mik

I knooooow

It used to be great 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, treeduck said:

Pete "Who the f**k is Pete Pardo?" Pardo sounds like he thinks he and the Hudson Valley Squares could do a better Priest album than Priest in this review!

Thanks for quoting me with the "Who the f**k is Pete Pardo?" 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Maybe I should try it again, its actually not "awful", I will wash my mouth out for saying that, but after Angel and Nostradamus (oof...I like that a lot), it comes off a little closer to mid-tier Saxon to me.

Do you not like Angel and Nostradamus? You should try them again too. I like both of those, I even have the book edition of Nostradamus, which is like a full-size book version.

1 hour ago, treeduck said:

Do you not like Angel and Nostradamus? You should try them again too. I like both of those, I even have the book edition of Nostradamus, which is like a full-size book version.

No, I love those two albums (especially Angel), so Redeemer falls really flat for me. 

Saying that, it's by far my least played Halford effort. 

Worth a proper chance?

13 hours ago, treeduck said:

It's Saxon and Uriah Heep in the UK.

judas-priest-saxon-uriah-heep-tour.jpg?q

That would be amazing if that held to form in the US!!!!  I recall Uriah Heep did open for them over here a few years ago (pre-pandemic) but due to a conflict I could not go to the show.  I have a lot of Uriah Helps albums and would like to see them.  Saxon is a band that, I am ashamed to say, somehow fell through the cracks with me.  Never got into them but recently I had listened to a few of their songs on youtube and was like "These guys are another legendary band I missed out on  - now I see what they were a big part of the MWOBHM.  Got to explore them some more."  Given their history, style of music and that they just released a new album I thought they would be a perfect match to tour with Priest - it was the combo I had in mind to tell the truth.

Thanks - now I just have to get tickets and keep my fingers crossed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheAccountant said:

That would be amazing if that held to form in the US!!!!  I recall Uriah Heep did open for them over here a few years ago (pre-pandemic) but due to a conflict I could not go to the show.  I have a lot of Uriah Helps albums and would like to see them.  Saxon is a band that, I am ashamed to say, somehow fell through the cracks with me.  Never got into them but recently I had listened to a few of their songs on youtube and was like "These guys are another legendary band I missed out on  - now I see what they were a big part of the MWOBHM.  Got to explore them some more."  Given their history, style of music and that they just released a new album I thought they would be a perfect match to tour with Priest - it was the combo I had in mind to tell the truth.

Thanks - now I just have to get tickets and keep my fingers crossed.

Yeah they've done quite a few tours with these bands, and recently. I heard that it might be Sabaton who is the support band in the USA, in fact here it is:

Judas-Priest-Invincible-Sheild-Tour-2024

• Like 1

2 hours ago, treeduck said:

Pete "Who the f**k is Pete Pardo?" Pardo sounds like he thinks he and the Hudson Valley Squares could do a better Priest album than Priest in this review!

I generally like his reviews (guess I must be in the minority here) and this was no exception - plus I thought he really liked the album.  He seemed to like all the songs with 2 exceptions and even those he thought were ok.  Of course they are 2 songs I really like.  O well. 

Just now, TheAccountant said:

I generally like his reviews (guess I must be in the minority here) and this was no exception - plus I thought he really liked the album.  He seemed to like all the songs with 2 exceptions and even those he thought were ok.  Of course they are 2 songs I really like.  O well. 

I don't know, I've seen him absolutely raving about some absolutely mediocre albums but here he just seems very meh yeah whatever, despite saying he liked it.

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Anyway, onto Invincible Shield.

Magnificent album, it's not my favourite, it's on par with Firepower. My opinion is that both albums offer a little something the other doesn't, and both do what they do extremely well.

And erm...I think they are the bands best albums since before Turbo. I include Painkiller in that.

I have long said I thought Firepower was their best album since Screaming For Vengeance and I would rank this on par with Firepower - that high praise in my book.  Both are light years better than Painkiller which I rank as perhaps their worst Halford era work.  I really don't care for it.

So no disagreement here.

• Like 1