Don't F#@& With Cats

goose

As a former Animal Control Officer, I can without reservation concur; don't f--k with cats. Why? Because they WILL f--k you up. Two incidents in particular come to mind:

I'm in my first months on the road, working with a partner, on a list of calls. A woman is voluntarily surrendering her cat, and she's trying to capture it the cat is taking her hands with its claws, and, like a noob, I'm not wearing my protective gloves. The woman throws the cat at my face. I reach out, somehow grab the cat by the scuff of the neck and almost get it into a restraining cage, when the cat curls around and sinks its teeth into my little finger-right down to the bone. The pain of the bite was miniscule compared with that of the industrial clinic excising the puncture wound.

One of our relief veterinarians at the pound had a photo book of some of his cases, and shows me a picture of a St. Bernard with a scar across the front of his eye. The Saints' owner said the dog became too inquisitive of one of the local cats, when said cat performed a typical lightning paw strike. Goodbye sight in that eye!

F--k with cats and cats will f--k you up. This from a man who at one time had 3 cats in the house, thanks to his spouse, and who loved them all.

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

As a former Animal Control Officer, I can without reservation concur; don't f--k with cats. Why? Because they WILL f--k you up. Two incidents in particular come to mind:

I'm in my first months on the road, working with a partner, on a list of calls. A woman is voluntarily surrendering her cat, and she's trying to capture it the cat is taking her hands with its claws, and, like a noob, I'm not wearing my protective gloves. The woman throws the cat at my face. I reach out, somehow grab the cat by the scuff of the neck and almost get it into a restraining cage, when the cat curls around and sinks its teeth into my little finger-right down to the bone. The pain of the bite was miniscule compared with that of the industrial clinic excising the puncture wound.

One of our relief veterinarians at the pound had a photo book of some of his cases, and shows me a picture of a St. Bernard with a scar across the front of his eye. The Saints' owner said the dog became too inquisitive of one of the local cats, when said cat performed a typical lightning paw strike. Goodbye sight in that eye!

F--k with cats and cats will f--k you up. This from a man who at one time had 3 cats in in house, thanks to his spouse, and who loved them all.

:LOL:

So, how close is this guy to your work experience...?

tenor.gif?itemid=8577655

• Like 1

F--k with cats and cats will f--k you up. This from a man who at one time had 3 cats in in house, thanks to his spouse, and who loved them all.

:LOL:

So, how close is this guy to your work experience...?

tenor.gif?itemid=8577655

BWAHAHA, shoulda figured somebody was gonna trot Curry out here! DC is da man!

For us it depended on the dog, his condition, and the on scene situation. Most dogs, even the ones caught running loose, were docile enough to put a specialized rope lead on them. And once around the dog's neck, this lead could be manipulated to form a "half hitch" around the dog's muzzle which was then pulled snug, inhibiting the dog from biting. This would allow two ACO's the ability to lift the dog off the ground and into a cage on the truck.

If the dog was particularly agressive, we would need to resort to the use of a "Ketch All" restraint.

http://www.ketch-all...etch-all-poles/

As far as dog and other animal tales, Joseph Wambaugh got nothin' on me! But most of them are too graphic. We weren't the ASPCA or the Humane Society; we were "the mo--------king dogcatcher."

Edited by pjbear05

I just hope someone caught this prick and put him in a microwave. Everyone I know says its too disturbing too watch, except for one guy at work said it's no big deal...maybe he should be microwaved too. I think I'll pass though.

Someone videoed microwaving a cat?

I just hope someone caught this prick and put him in a microwave. Everyone I know says its too disturbing too watch, except for one guy at work said it's no big deal...maybe he should be microwaved too. I think I'll pass though.

Someone videoed microwaving a cat?