TRF's List of Top 100 Guitar Riffs!

Texas King

I think Rush made at least "good" albums in each decade. To be honest I can't think of an outright bad Rush album although to be fair I have only listened to VT and TFE once or twice and don't currently own them.

I can. Actually, there’s a few.

Let me see if I can guess. I'm going to say at least two out of these five would make your bad Rush albums list: Hold your fire, Roll the Bones, Test for Echo, Vapor Trails and Snakes and Arrows.

I think Rush made at least "good" albums in each decade. To be honest I can't think of an outright bad Rush album although to be fair I have only listened to VT and TFE once or twice and don't currently own them.

you should buy VT, at least they had a pulse when they made it.

Yes, I plan on getting the remix version soon.

Let me see if I can guess. I'm going to say at least two out of these five would make your bad Rush albums list: Hold your fire, Roll the Bones, Test for Echo, Vapor Trails and Snakes and Arrows.

Three of them do. I like VT and Snakes.

Face Up?

WTF?

Given enough time, every Rush song will be included, even if that song has 0 riffs.

Which prompts the question, has the definition of "riff" been stretched so far by the inclusions of songs already on the list as to render it meaningless?

Backer’s Theorem: Any thread calling for a ranked list of music will eventually morph into a list of personal favorites, regardless of whether the entries meet the initial criteria of the list.

But who actually likes Face Up?

:wtf:

Actually....

Okay it's not great, but it's one of the few songs on RTB I can enjoy.

Any other bad Rush albums in your opinion? Just out curiosity what don't you like about HYF? I think it's one of Rush's most under rated and a real grower of an album. Not sure I can understand how any hardcore Rush fan thinks it's bad but to each their own.

Any other bad Rush albums in your opinion? Just out curiosity what don't you like about HYF? I think it's one of Rush's most under rated and a real grower of an album. Not sure I can understand how any hardcore Rush fan thinks it's bad but to each their own.

The run from HYF to T4E are albums I never listen to unless I’m binging on Rush. I’m a fan, so I can enjoy all of their albums. But those, IMO, are weak albums.

Ok, you didn't answer my question so I guess you don't know why you don't like it. Lol.

:facepalm:

It's a weak album. How does that not answer your question? The songs aren't very good. The synths are overpowering. You realize that music is subjective, right? That the answer "because I don't like it," is a sufficient explanation of why you don't like music, right?

Face Up?

WTF?

Given enough time, every Rush song will be included, even if that song has 0 riffs.

Which prompts the question, has the definition of "riff" been stretched so far by the inclusions of songs already on the list as to render it meaningless?

Backer’s Theorem: Any thread calling for a ranked list of music will eventually morph into a list of personal favorites, regardless of whether the entries meet the initial criteria of the list.

But who actually likes Face Up?

:wtf:

Actually....

Okay it's not great, but it's one of the few songs on RTB I can enjoy.

I like it just fine. I don't seek it out, but I enjoy it when I hear it.

Ok, you didn't answer my question so I guess you don't know why you don't like it. Lol.

It's a weak album. How does that not answer your question? The songs aren't very good. The synths are overpowering. You realize that music is subjective, right? That the answer "because I don't like it," is a sufficient explanation of why you don't like music, right?

Not to me. That's a circular answer. WHy don't you like it? Because I don't like it. Why don't you like it. Because I don't like it and on and on on and on. You did answer it then though so I'm not sure why you are arguing against yourself. Anyway, let's move on.

Not to me. That's a circular answer. WHy don't you like it? Because I don't like it. Why don't you like it. Because I don't like it and on and on on and on. You did answer it then though so I'm not sure why you are arguing against yourself. Anyway, let's move on.

Music isn’t science or math. Are there albums you like that have songs on it you don’t? Are there bands you like who have released albums you don’t? Some things just don’t move you.

If you’re going to look for fights with people, don’t act shocked when you occasionally find them.

Music isn’t science or math. Are there albums you like that have songs on it you don’t? Are there bands you like who have released albums you don’t? Some things just don’t move you.

If you’re going to look for fights with people, don’t act shocked when you occasionally find them.

I don't consider this a fight. Lol.

Sure there are but usually I can pinpoint why I don't like them and if someone asks I won't be evasive about it. I'm just making conversation here. If you don't like what I say you don't have to respond(usually that's the best way to avoid a fight if that's what you are worried about). There's also the ignore button. Anyway, not shocked at all. I don't think I said anything that would make you think I was shocked so I'm really not sure where that came from. Lol. But since you are accusing me of picking a fight and then being shocked about it maybe you shouldn't be shocked that someone would respond when you say certain Rush albums are weak especially with no real reasons given. I mean come on dude this is a freaking Rush forum. What do you expect? Most of us are very passionate and defend this band. Key phrase here I guess is most of us.

Ok, now it's a fight I guess since you will undoubtedly respond to this but I'm ok with that. Lol.

Edited by New_World_Man

Sure there are but usually I can pinpoint why I don't like them and if someone asks I won't be evasive about it. I'm just making conversation here. If you don't like what I say you don't have to respond(usually that's the best way to avoid a fight if that's what you are worried about). There's also the ignore button. Anyway, not shocked at all. I don't think I said anything that would make you think I was shocked so I'm really not sure where that came from. Lol. But since you are accusing me of picking a fight and then being shocked about it maybe you shouldn't be shocked that someone would respond when you say certain Rush albums are weak especially with no real reasons given. I mean come on dude this is a freaking Rush forum. What do you expect? Most of us are very passionate and defend this band. Key phrase here I guess is most of us.

Ok, now it's a fight I guess since you will undoubtedly respond to this but I'm ok with that. Lol.

You spend a lot of energy worrying about other’s grammar, and how many times people post songs in threads, and whether people can quantify to your satisfaction why they like art. Are you this much fun in real life?

You got me. You’re a more passionate Rush fan. Lol.

I see it now. I would hardly say that took up a lot of my time though. Lol.

Anyway, that comment and the others you made could easily be construed as picking fights which is ironically what you accused me of.

Are some of you adding more than one at a time?

Yes. I started doing that once we broke the original 100.

I didn't think it was allowed. How many have you been adding at a time?

I did my first multiple-in-one-post with Tush, Mary Had A Little Lamb, and Long Train Running. I'll probably do more as they come to me.

You really haven't noticed that everyone(except you obviously)has been posting one song per post? I think it's only fair that everyone do it the same way. Why should you be able to post multiple songs per post but not anyone else? Unless(or until) we take an informal vote or something I think we should stick to one song per post.

Lol.