The Official 2018-19 College Basketball Thread

laughedatbytime

Baylor adjusts at the half and quickly chips away at the big Gonzaga lead...

But the comeback stalls.

Meanwhile, in Des Moines, the Gophers are making an improbable comeback without Murphy.

Which also stalled. I've seen more guys crying already this year than I remember for whole tournaments previously. Getting soft or just more comfortable showing their emotions?

I haven't noticed more of it, but I certainly don't think it's problematic...or a sign of softness...

Kansas down 26 at the half.

Outstanding. I have a long time grudge against Bill Self. He was coaching at Illinois, who I root for in college basketball, and doing well, saying he was happy there. Literally, a few days later he defected to his current job with Kansas after Roy Williams left there and went to NC. Screw him. I hope he gets fired and ends up at some school like Knox College.

Gaels will be the bride's maid for life and never get laid.

Shite the bed again.

Of course.

Glad I'm used to it.

Time to stop shopping Australia.

Give me Olivia Newton John. She still looks fukking HOT!

Signed,

"XANADU"

Zero relation to Rush fanboi fruits. LOL!

Great fukking movie and soundtrack. ELO

Earl

Loves

OZ

"FIRE IN THE BRAIN" kids.

One of the best metal albums ever made.

• Like 1

If Auburn hangs on, Barkley will be beside himself with glee, and rightly so.

He’s gonna blow that stupid horn constantly now.

Stomach punch loss for UCF

It was hard to watch. You figure, at worst a tie and overtime, and on Zion's drive the two doesn't really hurt you...if you don't foul. Then Zion misses and Duke gets the rebound for the go-ahead putback. But with 8 seconds left, UCF shows incredible composure, gets to the rim...but it rattles out...but wait...UCF gets the tip-in!!!

And it rattles out. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Coach K was classy at the end, though, giving UCF a ton of credit and accepting that Duke got lucky.

• Like 1

Stomach punch loss for UCF

It was hard to watch. You figure, at worst a tie and overtime, and on Zion's drive the two doesn't really hurt you...if you don't foul. Then Zion misses and Duke gets the rebound for the go-ahead putback. But with 8 seconds left, UCF shows incredible composure, gets to the rim...but it rattles out...but wait...UCF gets the tip-in!!!

And it rattles out. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Coach K was classy at the end, though, giving UCF a ton of credit and accepting that Duke got lucky.

One wonders, though, if the magnanimity would have been there had the opposing coach not have been a protege and friend.

• Like 2

1 NCAA tournament bracket stays perfect into Sweet 16 for first time ever.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/bracketiq/2019-03-25/1-ncaa-tournament-bracket-stays-perfect-sweet-16-first

For reference, if every game were a coin toss, the odds of predicting 48 in a row are 1 in 281,474,976,710,656.

1 NCAA tournament bracket stays perfect into Sweet 16 for first time ever.

https://www.ncaa.com...-sweet-16-first

For reference, if every game were a coin toss, the odds of predicting 48 in a row are 1 in 281,474,976,710,656.

But as you know, every game isn't a coin toss so that's a bad frame of reference. Just not picking 16 over 1 reduces those odds by a factor of 16.

That's not to say what this person has done isn't remarkable; in fact allowing for differences in the quality of teams makes the odds considerably higher but the achievement much more impressive in my opinion. A couple of years ago I ran the numbers with the kenpom win probabilities and came up with odds of one in just over 2 billion for the entire tournament.

Edited by laughedatbytime

It's been a good year for tge SEC.

"[The SEC] has four teams in the Sweet 16 for only the third time. That hasn't happened for the Strength Everywhere Conference in 22 years.

However, three years ago the league didn't have four teams in the NCAATournament."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/2019-march-madness-with-four-teams-in-the-sweet-16-heres-why-basketball-is-starting-to-just-mean-more-to-the-sec/amp/

This Michigan -Texas Tech game has featured some of the worst shooting Ive seen since the mid 80s small school Illinois state semifinal game between, I kid you not, the Hoopestown Cornjerkers and the Teutopolis Wooden Shoes. Edited by laughedatbytime

This Michigan -Texas Tech game has featured some of the worst shooting Ive seen since the mid 80s small school Illinois state championship game between, I kid you not, the Hoopestown Cornjerkers and the Teutopolis Wooden Shoes.

Holy shit. I haven't thought of the Cornjerkers in years. My mom worked in a nursing home there when we lived near Rankin. What a name for a team.

• Like 1

This Michigan -Texas Tech game has featured some of the worst shooting Ive seen since the mid 80s small school Illinois state championship game between, I kid you not, the Hoopestown Cornjerkers and the Teutopolis Wooden Shoes.

Holy shit. I haven't thought of the Cornjerkers in years. My mom worked in a nursing home there when we lived near Rankin. What a name for a team.

Ever heard of the Cobden Appleknockers?

Wonder what the girls sports teams in that town are called?

Ever heard of the Cobden Appleknockers?

Wonder what the girls sports teams in that town are called?

Where I used to live in SW Illinois, there are the Centralia Orphans and the Freeburg Midgets. :scared:

• Like 1

Tennessee got screwed.

Are you referring to the play of Tennessee's last foul in regulation? I saw a loop of the shot and the foul. The shooter was out of bounds as a result of being fouled. Shooter's heels never touched the line during the shot. Edited by pjbear05

Tennessee got screwed.

Are you referring to the play of Tennessee's last foul in regulation? I saw a loop of the shot and the foul. The shooter was out of bounds as a result of being fouled. Shooter's heels never touched the line during the shot.

The shot where the shooter kicked his foot out to initiate contact?