The Official 2018-19 College Basketball Thread

laughedatbytime

I'm sure you all saw this live, but I'm watching the replay of Boston U-Bucknell and it's a heckuva game. The Bison of Bucknell were down 18, but battled back to cut it to 4pts at various stages late in the game. The Terriers pulled it out in the end.

For some reason, Nevada Sports Network (a broadcast channel) carries Patriot League games exclusively. This doesn't help me keep up with the Wolf Pack, but it may help with picking bracketbusters down the road. :P

Maybe Clive Bundy owns the network.

tumblr_oh79g9lnzS1uukgmzo1_400.gif

Seven game losing streak, best player injured halfway through the first half. At #6 Michigan State.

Hoosiers over Spartans, in OT, 79-75.

Seven game losing streak, best player injured halfway through the first half. At #6 Michigan State.

Hoosiers over Spartans, in OT, 79-75.

:haz:

Sparty was 8-22 from the line, which helped.

• Like 1

Wisconsin can only imagine how well they would be playing this year if Ethan Happ could make free throws......

#6 Michigan looking strong early against the Terps, putting the inside-out game to work for a pair of treys, then running the floor and getting inside for 8 easy inside pts. 14-2 Wolverines 5 minutes in.

#6 Michigan looking strong early against the Terps, putting the inside-out game to work for a pair of treys, then running the floor and getting inside for 8 easy inside pts. 14-2 Wolverines 5 minutes in.

I should hope so. Maryland ain't too good this year. Even Illinois beat them.

• Like 1

I should hope so. Maryland ain't too good this year. Even Illinois beat them.

Illinois is actually not that bad right now, they just knocked off MSU, and have won 6 of 8 league games.

And Maryland just knocked off a torrid Purdue team.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

A tipped 90 ft pass goes right to a Hawk in the corner who banks in a 3 from an impossible angle, and Iowa stuns Rutgers at the buzzer...
  • Like 1

A tipped 90 ft pass goes right to a Hawk in the corner who banks in a 3 from an impossible angle, and Iowa stuns Rutgers at the buzzer...

Iowa St got a nice win today.

CBS has Zags above Duke and Virgina as the new #1.

I don't see it.

Zags beat Duke who beat UVa twice.

No, i don't see it either...

CBS has Zags above Duke and Virgina as the new #1.

I don't see it.

Zags beat Duke who beat UVa twice

No, i don't see it either...

Yeah, hoops is different than football in that respect, I think.

Nevada is #12 in the CBS poll, which to me seems about right. They have only one loss on tge season, but considering their schedule that's no great achievement. Their sole loss, to New Mexico, was avenged with a drubbing of NM in Reno, but that only brings into question how tge Pacj could lose so badly in the first match up (tge liss came during a long string of poor first half performances against bad teams that saw NV snatching victory from defeat).

They're loaded with talent, though, and could make a decent tournament run.

Nevada is #12 in the CBS poll, which to me seems about right. They have only one loss on tge season, but considering their schedule that's no great achievement. Their sole loss, to New Mexico, was avenged with a drubbing of NM in Reno, but that only brings into question how tge Pacj could lose so badly in the first match up (tge liss came during a long string of poor first half performances against bad teams that saw NV snatching victory from defeat).

They're loaded with talent, though, and could make a decent tournament run.

After being in kenpom's top ten for most of the season, theyve slipped to 17th. Still, plenty respectable.

• Like 1

The breakdown on Kentucky: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25379665/put-kentucky-top-tier-now-please

Great defensely; inconsistent on offense, especially from long range; great at getting to the free throw line. Tough to not pick them as a Final Four team at this point?