Hemispheres or Natural Science?

Texas King

Hemispheres or Natural Science?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Hemispheres or Natural Science?

• Cygnus X-1 II: Hemispheres
    • Natural Science

Hi Folks, Greetings from Ireland!

This is my first ever post here (ulp!!) :)

... and I went for 'Natural Science' 'cos it has everything :sundog:

;) G

• Like 3

;) G

Welcome to TRF! Just by the fact that you're Irish and voted for NatSci I look forward to seeing you around! :)

;) G

Welcome to TRF! Just by the fact that you're Irish and voted for NatSci I look forward to seeing you around! :)

Haaay! Great stuff and thanks for the welcome ;)

Does that mean you're on this rock too?? - Huh, and there was me thinking I was the only Rush fan left here!!!

:D

• Like 1

;) G

Does that mean you're on this rock too?? - Huh, and there was me thinking I was the only Rush fan left here!!!

Sadly no, I'm not from the Emerald Isle. However I am one of those pesky foreigners with enough Irish heritage to fall in love with the place and come visit as a pesky tourist a few times.

;) G

Sadly no, I'm not from the Emerald Isle. However I am one of those pesky foreigners with enough Irish heritage to fall in love with the place and come visit as a pesky tourist a few times.

:) No worries me aul' bud - heritage is fine! :)

So I'm gonna assume you're... ahem, to the 'West' of us?

Tourists are usually fine, it's the ones that arrive and tell you [us] what our History is about etc etc, that really get up my nose though!

[Marginally worse, and a whole heap more annoying, are the ones who don't give a shite about our History and show zero interest in even remotely becoming aware of it - and why so many things are, thus, the way they are. A VERY Looooong story!!]

There y'are, that's my soap-box moan for today ;)

:) G

• Like 1

This was so hard to pick...one epic song from the 1970's vs. one epic song from the 1980's.

Mmmmmm.....no. Both 70s.

Released: 1980

Natural Science is an 80's song cuz it was released in 1980. End of discussion!

This was so hard to pick...one epic song from the 1970's vs. one epic song from the 1980's.

Mmmmmm.....no. Both 70s.

Rush started writing the songs in July 1979, recorded them in late September and October, and mixed the album in November . . . 1979.

• Like 1

;) G

Tourists are usually fine, it's the ones that arrive and tell you [us] what our History is about etc etc, that really get up my nose though!

[Marginally worse, and a whole heap more annoying, are the ones who don't give a shite about our History and show zero interest in even remotely becoming aware of it - and why so many things are, thus, the way they are. A VERY Looooong story!!]

Yeah, somewhere out west of there...

I'm definitely all about learning and understanding when i'm visiting places. It's certainly not my place to tell anyone what their home's history is, lol. I can imagine how that would get pretty insufferable. No the couple times I've visited I like to think I was pretty benevolent, walking around taking pictures, drawing, reading, learning, listening, and buying plenty. I definitely got a bit of a history lesson on a bus from Dublin to the Cliffs Of Moher last time I was there, and it was a long and complicated sounding history indeed. At the time the tour guide was rather concerned about Brexit possibly affecting the border between Ireland and Northern Ireland. I think I've read since then that it got worked out alright?

• Like 1

Mmmmmm.....no. Both 70s.

The least true part of this statement is the "end of discussion." Knowing TRF, the discussion will never end.

• Like 1

;) G

I'm definitely all about learning and understanding when i'm visiting places. It's certainly not my place to tell anyone what their home's history is, lol. I can imagine how that would get pretty insufferable. No the couple times I've visited I like to think I was pretty benevolent, walking around taking pictures, drawing, reading, learning, listening, and buying plenty. I definitely got a bit of a history lesson on a bus from Dublin to the Cliffs Of Moher last time I was there, and it was a long and complicated sounding history indeed. At the time the tour guide was rather concerned about Brexit possibly affecting the border between Ireland and Northern Ireland. I think I've read since then that it got worked out alright?

Sadly, No - it's as far from being worked out as it ever was.

Boris Jackass and his English Nationalists are determined to cr*p all over anything that looks like 'progress', and - as it's ever been - Ireland will suffer because of Brit Govt interference and mostly [in this case, for sure] their gross ignorance regarding the border that they imposed on this island.

Their latest 'move' is to make, agree to and sign up to an Internationally binding agreement and then to renege on it [kinda like a BIG 'ejecting toys from the pram' hissy-fit] Which bodes really well for anyone hoping/trying/attempting to enter into any future agreement with the Brit Govt.

800+ years of this shit and those f*#kers are still cheating and lying in their dealings with Ireland.

Mind you, keep going this way and they'll most likely destroy their precious 'Union' all on their own!

We live in hope!

Anyhow - I should probably steer away from overt politicisation on this forum!

I just got here and it'd be a real pity to get thrown off so soon!!

:drool:

;) G

• Like 1

;) G

Boris Jackass and his English Nationalists are determined to cr*p all over anything that looks like 'progress', and - as it's ever been - Ireland will suffer because of Brit Govt interference and mostly [in this case, for sure] their gross ignorance regarding the border that they imposed on this island.

Their latest 'move' is to make, agree to and sign up to an Internationally binding agreement and then to renege on it [kinda like a BIG 'ejecting toys from the pram' hissy-fit] Which bodes really well for anyone hoping/trying/attempting to enter into any future agreement with the Brit Govt.

800+ years of this shit and those f*#kers are still cheating and lying in their dealings with Ireland.

Mind you, keep going this way and they'll most likely destroy their precious 'Union' all on their own!

We live in hope!

;) G

Dang, that's terrible. Thanks for setting me straight! Rush on, dude!

• Like 1

Actually [!] I have a question.

I can't find a section on here that deals with 'here's how to play this...'

In 'The Trees', I just can't figure out what/how Alex plays in the 'bridge' before the guitar solo - it sounds like an arpeggiated passage but I can't pick out all the notes accurately!

Can anybody help me with this before I lose [what's left of] my mind?

;) G

[btw, my advance apologies - I could well have asked this in a completely 'wrong' section/thread]

Edited by gerkildare

Actually [!] I have a question.

I can't find a section on here that deals with 'here's how to play this...'

In 'The Trees', I just can't figure out what/how Alex plays in the 'bridge' before the guitar solo - it sounds like an arpeggiated passage but I can't pick out all the notes accurately!

Can anybody help me with this before I lose [what's left of] my mind?

;) G

[btw, my advance apologies - I could well have asked this in a completely 'wrong' section/thread]

The "Making Modern Music" section is where the board's top musicians hang out. Pretty sure you could get an answer there.
  • Like 2

;) G

We live in hope!

;) G

As a Scot, the sooner that f***ing Union is destroyed the better!

• Like 1

;) G

We live in hope!

;) G

As a Scot, the sooner that f***ing Union is destroyed the better!

Amen to that, brother!

;) G

• Like 1