I Was Able To "Look Into The Future" Last Night! But It Was All About The Past! NEAL SCHON! "JOURNEY THROUGH TIME!" The Independent! A Small Club! SF

RUSHHEAD666

Well some how I made it out of Vegas and into San Francisco last night to see Neal Schon shred in a small club in San Francisco! The other guys in the band stole the show though!

Holy Crap! My mind was BLOWN! I'm honestly not even a huge Journey fan but the first three records before Steve Perry RULED!

We've typed about these records before. All of you humans who waste your time reading my long threads should have them in your collection.

You young kids who read me should get them tomorrow. Or download them tonight on your smartphones. I'm actually cranking "NEXT" right now.

Funny, I just left a clue on another thread. Nothing like leaving a "Trail Of Fire" for all of you to follow! LOL!

Anyway, last night was EPIC. Just like the record label Journey used to be on! LOL!

So the coolest thing of all is that Neal did this show in a small venue for all of the fire victims in Napa Valley.

They had t-shirts and signed posters. Of course I bought two shirts and a signed poster. 160 bucks total. The ticket was 100 USD. My buddy who used to run a record store bought an extra ticket at 10:01 am when they went on sale.

It was sold out at 10:03. Every penny made goes to the fire victims. I feel good.

Blessed. Not Cursed.

I never thought I would ever see those songs off the first three records live in my life.

The band consisted of:

NEAL SCHON

GREGG ROLLIE

MARCO MENDOZA "The Dead Daises" "Whitesnake" On and on. The guy is a cool f***ing cat. Like you Baby Cat.

DEEN CASTRONOVO Drums and amazing Perryish vocals.

Now some of you know Deen is one hell of a drummer but it my mind has a better voice than that Arnel fella. JMO

Sadly Deen was fired from Journey in 2015 because of drugs, booze, domestic violence and possible rape.

He is now clean and sober or so some say.

Deen was in rare form last night.

He actually asked for his job back last night on the headset! WOW! BALLS OF FUCKKING STEEL!

Alas the guy is beyond talented.

He sang a few songs with just the mic and nailed it.

At least Deen is spending more time with his kids.

He kicked ass last night. So talented.

Selfishly I've never seen Steve Smith in Journey so I can't wait to take my dad to see Journey and Def Leppard in September!!!

This setlist made my "Majestic" mind Mush! Like RUSH!

I was totally blow away.

Easily a Top Ten Concert in my life. I've seen well over 800 shows. So you can do the math.

I'm so tired from the last three days of pure bliss. But alas I care.

I could tell you to look up the set but it's worthy to type on here. Believe the hype kids.

I saw "Nickel And Dime" live! WTF??????

Everyone won last night. Bless all of the fire victims in Napa and of course in So Cal too!

SET 1

I'm Gonna Leave You

Look Into The Future

Kohoutek

Daydream

La Do Da

Line Of Fire

Walks Like A Lady

Feeling That Way

Anytime

Lights

Still They Ride

Separate Ways

Loving Touching Squeezing

Wheel In The Sky

SET 2

Patiently

Trial By Fire

Stay Awhile

Mystery Mountain

Of A Lifetime

Just The Same Way

Where Were You

Loving You Is Easy

Lady Luck

You're On Your Own

Hustler

Nickel And Dime

People

Mother, Father

Any Way You Want It

Don't Stop Believing

Black Magic Woman

Oye Como Va

The Santana at the end of the show was so fitting and so fuckking cool,

Of course all of you rock historians know that Neal and Gregg left Carlos to form Journey.

It has also been said that Neal Schon actually tried to fire Carlos from his own band!!!!

Hence he and Gregg left.

Deen nailed it last night.

Selfish I would have died if Dunbar was back on drums.

Gregg stole the show for me. So cool and collective. sitting behind his Hammond 3 all nite long.

You guys call call me a wimp or a pussy but the last time I had that many tears in my bloodshot tired eyeballs at a show was R40 in LA front row.

RUSH ON!

SCHON ON!

• Like 6

There is one thing last night that did bother me and I've seen it before from other rockers throughout shows.

Is it just me or does it bug you too?

Neal Schon was chewing gum all night while he kicked ass on the guitar!

IT BUGGED ME!

Your thoughts?

• Like 1

There is one thing last night that did bother me and I've seen it before from other rockers throughout shows.

IT BUGGED ME!

Your thoughts?

That sounds like a wonderful concert! That's great they did it for Napa Valley fire relief; such a horrible fire. I'm glad to hear good things about Neal Schon; the last I heard of him he was marrying a reality star in a park in San Francisco and they left it trashed.

Dave Grohl also is constantly chewing gum in everything I have seen him in recently. ( I think it was his "Sonic Highways" series on HBO about a year ago. It's excellent!). And Pink took out gum and stuck it somewhere right before the national anthem at the Super Bowl- :P. I don't like the look but I'm thinking maybe it is Nicorette or something similar if they are trying to stop cigarettes for their health? Otherwise you would think they would stop for a show but what do I know? Thank you for the concert description-, it does sound like it was one to remember!

"Faithfully", bc

• Like 1

IT BUGGED ME!

Your thoughts?

It's not gum Earl it's the glue that keeps his false teeth in, it seeps into mouth and he ends up chewing it like gum without realizing.

• Like 2

IT BUGGED ME!

Your thoughts?

That sounds like a wonderful concert! That's great they did it for Napa Valley fire relief; such a horrible fire. I'm glad to hear good things about Neal Schon; the last I heard of him he was marrying a reality star in a park in San Francisco and they left it trashed.

Dave Grohl also is constantly chewing gum in everything I have seen him in recently. ( I think it was his "Sonic Highways" series on HBO about a year ago. It's excellent!). And Pink took out gum and stuck it somewhere right before the national anthem at the Super Bowl- :P. I don't like the look but I'm thinking maybe it is Nicorette or something similar if they are trying to stop cigarettes for their health? Otherwise you would think they would stop for a show but what do I know? Thank you for the concert description-, it does sound like it was one to remember!

"Faithfully", bc

Grohl is actually chewing his teeth, they're made of rubber. He got his real ones smashed out by a irate concert goer, who said he had to punish him for crimes against the guitar. He chews his new rubber teeth because he clenches so much from taking a dump on the name of rock n roll.

• Like 1

IT BUGGED ME!

Your thoughts?

"Faithfully", bc

Hahahahaha!!! China You ROCKA! I totally love your sense of humor! Was Pink chewing on "pink" bubblegum? LOL!

So ok then! I love Dave too but not a Poo Fighter Fan!

So correct. If Neal was a smoker then of course I totally get it then. Didn't think about that one smart woman.

I will admit that there was so much weed being smoked in that tiny venue even the guys in the band were making some very "fuckking funny" comments about it all!

Neal actually blamed all the weed in the air for f***ing up the beginning of a song or not remembering how it started! LOL! CLASSIC!

Seriously.

One of the greatest rock shows I have ever seen in my life.

Old school

It was like getting in a rock and roll time machine. Although this time I really didn't have to build it. The moment came to me.

If women don't kill me, rock and roll will.

Hey is that my first hit single? LOL!

• Like 1

IT BUGGED ME!

Your thoughts?

It's not gum Earl it's the glue that keeps his false teeth in, it seeps into mouth and he ends up chewing it like gum without realizing.

HAHAHAHA!!!

YOU KILL ME TOO!

With laughter......

• Like 1

IT BUGGED ME!

Your thoughts?

"Faithfully", bc

Oh and I know all about Neal Schon.

He is truly one of the biggest assholes on the planet. He makes Alex Van Halen look like Mary Fuckking Poppins! LOL!

I have a few stories that I would never write on a public forum.

I didn't go last night to support Neal.

I went to support Napa Valley Fire Victims and I was selfishly going to see all of the Journey music played live before Steve Fairy ruined the band.

I'm too blessed to be stressed Johnny Blaze.

So yes.

That means I'm still cursed.

Because I'm stressed again.........

• Like 1

Easily the best Journey for me was when it was Rolie & Perry on vocals. Schon was better then too.

Nothing touches the first three albums but Johnny I just listened to Infinity and Evolution. GEMS!

Tomorrow I will listen to "Departure." An album I rarely listen to.

They really went downhill for me even when I was a kid and bought all of those records.

I did love "Captured" as a kid because of the Steve Smith drum solo. Caught me off guard. Just like when I bought "Exit Stage Left" as an 8th grader and YYZ blew my mind.

"Frontiers" is ok but man I was done after that.

Junk

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

True Or False?

Gregg Rollie, Carlos Santana and Neal Schon penned "Black Magic Woman."

If your answer is FALSE, please name the original writer or group.

Signed,

The Green Manalishi

For Pat

Judas Priest wrote that one right?

wink wink

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Sounds like a fun time. I've always loved Neal Schon's guitar work with Journey and his solo stuff isn't bad either.

It was beyond amazing Moon.

I totally agree with you. As you know I'm a HUGE Y&T guy. Dave Meniketti. But yes Neal is a Legend too.

I think it's great that you mentioned Neal's solo work.

"Late Nite" is absolutely amazing!! Love that record!!!

• Like 1

IT BUGGED ME!

Your thoughts?

"Faithfully", bc

Grohl is actually chewing his teeth, they're made of rubber. He got his real ones smashed out by a irate concert goer, who said he had to punish him for crimes against the guitar. He chews his new rubber teeth because he clenches so much from taking a dump on the name of rock n roll.

I was lucky or unlucky enough to see a New Year's show at the Cow Palace in 1991.

It was opener first:

Pearl Jam

Nirvana

Red Hot Chili Peppers

It was fuckking incredible.

But sadly I had to watch Nirvana copy cat The Who and they destroyed all of their instruments.

The overrated Dave Grohl smashing his drum lit like a fake Keith Moon.

No wonder he lost some teeth that night.

Probably high on crack, meth, coke, beer, weed and hard booze.

It was so cliche.

But man, seeing those three bands together on Dec 31 1991 was f***ing priceless.

Rumor had it that L7 opened up. Not sure.

I was hypocritically drinking off a pony keg my buddy brought into the parking lot in his black CRX.

Those were the fukking days.

I'm still living for the ROCK AND ROLL!

I would chose music over a woman any day. JMO

I should and I will write a book one day.

I could write an HBO mini series tonight.

But I'm too tired.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

Loving You Is Easy & Lady Luck with Rolie on Hammond???

Beyond epic!

Hahaha! Jonny!!!!!

I'm dead serious and dead tired.

It was one of the greatest rock shows I have ever seen in my life.

I made up for something I missed when I was too young to see it then.

I love you buddy!

"THE EAGLES HAVE LANDED!"

Love,

SAXON

• Like 1

IT BUGGED ME!

Your thoughts?

"Faithfully", bc

:LOL: :LOL:

• Like 1

IT BUGGED ME!

Your thoughts?

Maybe it was a tribute to John Lennon. :P

IT BUGGED ME!

Your thoughts?

"Faithfully", bc

I was lucky or unlucky enough to see a New Year's show at the Cow Palace in 1991.

It was opener first:

Pearl Jam

Nirvana

Red Hot Chili Peppers

It was fuckking incredible.

But sadly I had to watch Nirvana copy cat The Who and they destroyed all of their instruments.

The overrated Dave Grohl smashing his drum lit like a fake Keith Moon.

No wonder he lost some teeth that night.

Probably high on crack, meth, coke, beer, weed and hard booze.

It was so cliche.

Pearl Jam did that in Reno on the VS tour, as a setup to playing How Much Difference as a final encore.

Sounds like a fun time. I've always loved Neal Schon's guitar work with Journey and his solo stuff isn't bad either.

I totally agree with you. As you know I'm a HUGE Y&T guy. Dave Meniketti. But yes Neal is a Legend too.

It’s a favorite of mine as well.

• Like 1

I would have died to see Aynsley Dunbar rock Kohoutek!

But I'm sure Deen did a bang-up job (double entendre?) as I know he can sing and brings it on the kit

Alien Love Secrets!

• Like 1

It’s a favorite of mine as well.

Nice!!! Excellent taste!

Signed,

"I'll Cover You"

• Like 1

I would have died to see Aynsley Dunbar rock Kohoutek!

But I'm sure Deen did a bang-up job (double entendre?) as I know he can sing and brings it on the kit

Alien Love Secrets!

Absolutely with you!! I told my buddy before the show that I wished Dunbar would come out and jam on the older stuff!! But yes, Deen KICKED ASS!!!! His vocals have always amazed me too! I would kick Arnel out of the band and bring Deen back! Deen is obviously back in the good graces of Neal!

• Like 1