2018 MLB Season Thread

The Analog Cub

Masahiro Tanaka, pitcher for the Yankees, was struggling a bit last night. Ron Darling, the TBS announcer, was describing Tanaka's situation:

“A little chink in the armor for Tanaka here. It’s the first inning where he’s lost a little of his control...."

As sure as the sun will come up today, the really stupid Twitter crowd got all outraged. Darling was informed about it, of course, and he felt it necessary to apologize after the game.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Still better than Joe Suck, though.

Masahiro Tanaka, pitcher for the Yankees, was struggling a bit last night. Ron Darling, the TBS announcer, was describing Tanaka's situation:

“A little chink in the armor for Tanaka here. It’s the first inning where he’s lost a little of his control...."

As sure as the sun will come up today, the really stupid Twitter crowd got all outraged. Darling was informed about it, of course, and he felt it necessary to apologize after the game.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Still better than Joe Suck, though.

Ron Darling is an OK analyst/commentator. He can get biased and a bit pompous from time to time, but he knows his stuff.

He should have never apologized for his "chink in the armor" metaphor. I wish that he had ignored all the BS from the whiny PC crowd.

2018 National League Championship Series: Los Angeles Dodgers @ Milwaukee Brewers

Game 1: Friday, October 12th, 7:09 pm CST

Game 2: Saturday, October 13th, 3:09 pm CST ..... And I will be there! Section 331, behind home plate! :haz: :haz:

Edited by Principled Man

Why The 21st Century Is Overrated - Reason #417:

My ticket for Saturday's Brewer game, as well as my parking pass, exists only in my iPhone.

No paper ticket, no wonderful souvenir that I can frame on the wall....nuthin'....

:( :( :(

• Like 1

My ticket for Saturday's Brewer game, as well as my parking pass, exists only in my iPhone.

No paper ticket, no wonderful souvenir that I can frame on the wall....nuthin'....

That is kind of a bummer.

On the other hand, it'll be difficult to lose your ticket, or leave it behind at home on game day.

That is kind of a bummer.

On the other hand, it'll be difficult to lose your ticket, or leave it behind at home on game day.

Unless, of course, I lose my phone, or I forget to charge it and it dies, or I drop it in my beer, etc., ...... :LOL:

PATHETIC network FS1. Do we get to enjoy the player introductions and the huge ovations from the Milwaukee crowd? HELL NO.

We get to see and listen to the dolts in the FS1 studio BLAH BLAH BLAH their redundant crap.....

Pitcher (and part-time slugger) Brandon Woodruff takes Clayton Kershaw DEEP!!

aa89bb7a-20c1-492d-9633-02b8d37676d7-MJS_BREWERS_BREWERS13_HOFFMAN_30_BREWERS13_73659552.JPG?width=520&height=390&fit=bounds&auto=webp

That was a cool moment.

Congrats to the Brewers. If the Dodgers keep making unforced errors and the umps continue giving a very generous strike zone, Milwaukee will be tough to beat.

WTF is wrong with these umps behind the plate? Dodgers are getting dicked again tonight with an expanded strike zone in key at bats.

Why no electric eye in this day and age. Seriously.

• Like 1

Again tonight...

Bases loaded for LA, Muncy at bat. He rightly takes the first pitch, which is clearly outside the strike zone. Yet it is called a strike, putting Muncy at a huge disadvantage in terms of balls/strikes. It also signals that he'll have to swong at bad pitches. He ends up striking out.

I may be done with baseball if this is the best they can do behind the plate during the NLS. It just seems stupid.

Yes, Manny Machado IS a punk. I am very happy that the Brewers didn't trade for him.
  • Like 2

Yes, Manny Machado IS a punk. I am very happy that the Brewers didn't trade for him.

Really showing himself to be a jerk. :yes:

The Brewers were negotiating a trade for him, but they wouldn't give up their top pitching prospect, Corbin Burnes, who is pitching for them in the playoffs.

Wouldn't it be funny if the next time Burnes faces Machado this week, he....... :scared: :scared: :LOL:

• Like 1

This Just In: Scientists have discovered a new way to achieve Absolute Zero - use the Milwaukee Brewers' bats!!

:doh: :doh:

This Just In: Scientists have discovered a new way to achieve Absolute Zero - use the Milwaukee Brewers' bats!!

:doh: :doh:

Dodgers are even colder with runners in position, thanks in part to a strike zone apparently modeled on chaos theory.

Muncy somehow comes through... 2-1 Dodgers.

And Joe West has hit a new low siding with “Steve Bartman.” :facepalm: He and Devil Hernandez are a disgrace.

Hernandez has no business being an MLB umpire. The Umpires' Union and MLB are cowards for keeping him.

• Like 1