Hurricane Irma GO AWAY!!

Crimsonmistymemory

Someday as a bucket list item, I'd like to ride in one of those weather planes that fly through hurricanes. That would be badazz.

But maybe when I'm well along on the bucket list...

That would be a crazy ride for sure but a lot safer than a friend of mine's bucket list item of being the 1st person to surf a water spout. Yep he wants to paddle out to a close by water spout with parachute attached to person, ride spout up and float down. Pretty awesome vision if you ask me but I have heard these water spouts are loaded with Sharks :LOL:

Surf a water spout?! What kind of bucket list item is that?!...I suppose it's not far from my bucket list item of having an NFL punter kick me square in the nuts. Awesome! :P

• Like 2

Someday as a bucket list item, I'd like to ride in one of those weather planes that fly through hurricanes. That would be badazz.

But maybe when I'm well along on the bucket list...

That would be a crazy ride for sure but a lot safer than a friend of mine's bucket list item of being the 1st person to surf a water spout. Yep he wants to paddle out to a close by water spout with parachute attached to person, ride spout up and float down. Pretty awesome vision if you ask me but I have heard these water spouts are loaded with Sharks :LOL:

Surf a water spout?! What kind of bucket list item is that?!...I suppose it's not far from my bucket list item of having an NFL punter kick me square in the nuts. Awesome! :P

:LMAO:

• Like 1

In any event, hopefully Irma will make that swift turn to the right and away from Florida.

Anything is possible.

I'm hoping it levels Mar-a-Lago and leaves the rest of the state alone.

Wouldn't that be wonderful.

• Like 1

In any event, hopefully Irma will make that swift turn to the right and away from Florida.

Anything is possible.

If we really get lucky, the Clintons will be there visiting. :cheers:

Edited by Lorraine

I think this might just avoid Florida. Just read is has ever so slightly started to veer east.

Yes Yes the more east the better and also a sooner than expected turn North. It seems the mainland troth (cold front) is having an earlier than expected effect on Irma's course. Now if the mainland troth continues it's current momentum and the high pressure ridge now dominating the mid Atlantic weakens just a bit, off to the shipping lanes Irma goes :yay:

• Like 1

I think this might just avoid Florida. Just read is has ever so slightly started to veer east.

Yes Yes the more east the better and also a sooner than expected turn North. It seems the mainland troth (cold front) is having an earlier than expected effect on Irma's course. Now if the mainland troth continues it's current momentum and the high pressure ridge now dominating the mid Atlantic weakens just a bit, off to the shipping lanes Irma goes :yay:

http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/praying/smileys-praying-278449.gif

• Like 1

They started closing airports and cancelling flights out of the Sunshine State on Weds so people I know are hunkering down. I'm sorta blasé since I lived through many hurricanes in my time on the east coast. Tornadoes are what I really don't miss.
  • Like 1

Anything is possible.

that's a sacrifice I'm certainly willing to take.
  • Like 1

Anything is possible.

:LOL: :hug2:

• Like 1

Anything is possible.

:LOL: :hug2:

Me too. Looking towards the future, not the past.

• Like 2

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. 3 pm Wednesday we got word at work the office was closing, so I finished what I needed to, turned my time sheet in, shut down my computer, and left. Gassed up the car, got cash from the ATM, and grabbed some last minute necessities.

Cleaning up outside around the house, storing what we can in the utility room, including trash (Saturday pickup already canceled.) Eating meals from the freezer to get rid of food that will go bad if the power dies, and filling 2 liter soda bottles with water (filtered at the tap.)

Will close the storm shutters tomorrow, hunker down, and ride this mess out. I'll probably be offline until this blows over. Stay safe, all the rest of you in the path.

f**k YOU, IRMA!

• Like 6

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. 3 pm Wednesday we got word at work the office was closing, so I finished what I needed to, turned my time sheet in, shut down my computer, and left. Gassed up the car, got cash from the ATM, and grabbed some last minute necessities.

Cleaning up outside around the house, storing what we can in the utility room, including trash (Saturday pickup already canceled.) Eating meals from the freezer to get rid of food that will go bad if the power dies, and filling 2 liter soda bottles with water (filtered at the tap.)

Will close the storm shutters tomorrow, hunker down, and ride this mess out. I'll probably be offline until this blows over. Stay safe, all the rest of you in the path.

f**k YOU, IRMA!

Be safe pjbear my prayers will be with you and yours as well :angel: It seems the latest track has Irma tracking back to the west :(

Look you people in this thread, you've got to die sometime, why not just take it on the chin, today, right now!? Go out there and sacrifice yourself to Irma. You'll feel better, don't you worry about it!

Thank you for your warm wishes duckie. We all know when you say such things it just shows how much you care for us down here in the land of sunshine (most of the time :LOL: )

Look you people in this thread, you've got to die sometime, why not just take it on the chin, today, right now!? Go out there and sacrifice yourself to Irma. You'll feel better, don't you worry about it!

Thank you for your warm wishes duckie. We all know when you say such things it just shows how much you care for us down here in the land of sunshine (most of the time :LOL: )

:sundog:

i read the major highways out of florida are moving slowly at 20 mph.

obviously there's some old people at the front of the line driving that slow with their turn signals on.

• Like 2

I've got an old friend who lives in West Caicos with his wife and baby boy. His power cut off not too long ago. He stated his house was shaking big time but the sound (the winds) alone is the loudest thing he's "heard in his life." He's lived there and in Southeast Asia for about 10 years so he's experienced plenty of storms, other hurricanes, and typhoons. Shit.

I've got an old friend who lives in West Caicos with his wife and baby boy. His power cut off not too long ago. He stated his house was shaking big time but the sound (the winds) alone is the loudest thing he's "heard in his life." He's lived there and in Southeast Asia for about 10 years so he's experienced plenty of storms, other hurricanes, and typhoons. Shit.

Prayers for your friend and young family and all on West Caicos.

• Like 1

Prayers for your friend and young family and all on West Caicos.

Thanks Lorraine. I just saw a little notice on his Facebook wall 2 minutes ago stating that he & his family are safe. I don't know the condition of his surroundings but that notice was good enough. :yes: :hail:

• Like 2

Taking a short break, have one more set of shutters to put up, but they're for the back entry door so I'm leaving that for the very end. Throwing the last of the stuff into the closed utility room, last loads of laundry, and off to Hungry Howie's for Mrs. Bear's favorite survival food, cold pizza.
  • Like 3