Songs You Like From Artists You Don't

Lucas

Daughter by Pearl Jam. Love the song but never warmed to the group after hearing 10 back in the day. I think it's an Eddie singing style thing mostly, not their overall sound. (Like Better Man and Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town too, so maybe I need to check out more post-10 Pearl Jam.)

Clocks by Coldplay. Heard the song before I knew anything else about/by the band so it didn't have to overcome any bias. Now I don't think I would get past the first few notes of the vocals before bailing.

Strong Enough by Cheryl Crow. Don't dislike Cheryl just have no interest apart from this song (and Every Day is a Winding Road)

Allentown by Billy Joel. Was reminded of this by the E. John vs Joel thread. Can't stand Hamster Man but I dig this song.

Strong Enough by Cheryl Crow. Don't dislike Cheryl just have no interest apart from this song (and Every Day is a Winding Road)

Cheryl Crow isn't a compelling artist, but one of those that if you go to one of her concert's you pleasantly go, "Oh, that song!", over and over again. Kind of like the band America was/is.

I never really liked Bruce Springsteen much at all, but I do LOVE his song "I'm On Fire".

Mainly because I didn't actually know it was him when I first heard it on a radio station...

That's how I am with Springsteen. He has those sleeper understated tracks that are really good, like Streets of Philadelphia.
  • Like 1

I never really liked Bruce Springsteen much at all, but I do LOVE his song "I'm On Fire".

Mainly because I didn't actually know it was him when I first heard it on a radio station...

That's how I am with Springsteen. He has those sleeper understated tracks that are really good, like Streets of Philadelphia.

I always liked Brilliant Disguise but like others I really am not a big Springsteen fan.
  • Like 1

A nice take on the song here.