Do you like Ozzie O's singing?

Lorraine

I really liked the first few BS albums, but I couldn't take his singing and just stopped listening to them.

Wondering what everyone else here thinks.

it's great when i'm in the mood. maybe technically not a great voice. it was AWESOME for what that band was doing.

Mick

• Like 3

I really liked the first few BS albums, but I couldn't take his singing and just stopped listening to them.

it's great when i'm in the mood. maybe technically not a great voice. it was AWESOME for what that band was doing.

Mick

But don't you think the band might have done better with a better singer?

• Like 1

Mick

Very well put, mate. Might just have to spin "Tribute" to serve your point.

• Like 1

Mick

well Dio came in and i love that period WAY more.

Dio's amazing.

Mick

• Like 3

Mick

well Dio came in and i love that period WAY more.

Dio's amazing.

Mick

Yes, he is. If it wasn't for Treeduck, I wouldn't know that.

• Like 1

Ozzy is a great heavy metal and hard rock showman. He's not a great vocalist, but he's a great rock singer. When you think about it, a hell of a lot of rock singers are not very good.

Name some. I'll sit and listen.

:popcorn:

I stopped listening to Black Sabbath after Sabotage. I thought the music the band was writing was very weak.

I love Ozzy's voice, even with his solo works.

• Like 2

Ozzy is a great heavy metal and hard rock showman. He's not a great vocalist, but he's a great rock singer. When you think about it, a hell of a lot of rock singers are not very good.

Bon Scott

Brian Johnson

Alice Cooper

Lou Reed

Tom Waits

Bob Dylan

Billy Corgan

John Lydon

Joe Strummer

Roger Waters

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 4

Yeah, he may not be a technically great singer, but his voice just has a certain quality about it; it has a timbre that has always fit his music really well.
  • Like 6

Bon Scott

Brian Johnson

Alice Cooper

Lou Reed

Tom Waits

Bob Dylan

Billy Corgan

John Lydon

Joe Strummer

Roger Waters

good list.

and you can go on too, lol

Mick

Bon Scott

Brian Johnson

Alice Cooper

Lou Reed

Tom Waits

Bob Dylan

Billy Corgan

John Lydon

Joe Strummer

Roger Waters

Roger Waters? Here come the PF fans...................................................... :ph34r:

Bon Scott

Brian Johnson

Alice Cooper

Lou Reed

Tom Waits

Bob Dylan

Billy Corgan

John Lydon

Joe Strummer

Roger Waters

Throw David Lee Roth in there.
  • Like 2

Bon Scott

Brian Johnson

Alice Cooper

Lou Reed

Tom Waits

Bob Dylan

Billy Corgan

John Lydon

Joe Strummer

Roger Waters

Roger Waters? Here come the PF fans...................................................... :ph34r:

I like Roger Waters. He's a brilliant songwriter and lyricist, but a mediocre bass player and an adequate singer.

As odd as it sounds, sometimes being a bad singer is the appeal. I am obviously guilty of it, but a lot of us mix up the sound of the voice with the ability to sing. Bob Dylan sounds bad, really bad, a lot of the time. But I think he's great.

• Like 1

Black Sabbath "Black Sabbath", "Paranoid", "Masters of Reality", "Vol. 4", "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath", "Sabotage" and Ozzy Osbourne's "Blizzard of Oz", "Tribute", "Diary of a Mad Man" & "Bark at the Moon".

Might as well toss in Sammy Hagar too.

Sammy Hagar is a very strong singer. If that makes any sense. I think he has a decent range for a rock singer.

Maybe so but he's still a screecher.

Yeah. But like Sammy said himself, Van Halen with David Lee Roth couldn't sing the range of songs that Van Halen with Sammy Hagar did.

• Like 1

He is no great singer, but I think he has a style and personality to his voice.

Yeah and you know he's just..........well he is just Ozzy. One of the best concerts I ever saw was Ozzy Osbourne way back in the early 90's. Probably No More Tears tour. The guy put on a great show.
  • Like 1