Ronnie James Dio Hologram Tour

Xanadoood

There ya go, Alex and Geddy! All you need are Neil's recorded drum tracks. No more haggling to get 10 more shows out of him or worry that he'll go flying off his bike on the day of the gig. ;)

Why not? Kiss is out playing with "Ace" and "Peter," Foreigner has no original members but they're touring, Frankie Banali tried to play as "Quiet Riot" with a bunch of zeroes.

Seriously, this makes me sick.

OMG OLDER BANDS PLAYING WITH NOT ALL THE ORIGINAL MEMBERS OMG SUCH TRAVESTY

give me a goddamn break.

Edited by fraroc

Why not? Kiss is out playing with "Ace" and "Peter," Foreigner has no original members but they're touring, Frankie Banali tried to play as "Quiet Riot" with a bunch of zeroes.

give me a goddamn break.

Yeah. That's what I was saying. Because playing with a hologram of a deceased person to bilk the fans is just like a band getting a new drummer.

Clown.

• Like 3

I'm all for this.

The rest of you can just stay in the dark ages, see how much I care.

If you think we have a problem with this because of the technology or whatever, then you're completely missing the point. It should be obvious as to why longtime fans who actually saw Dio live wouldn't like this. If you want to settle for a second rate illusion of him performing live then fine, it's your money you're blowing on it not mine.

Don't care that his wife approves of this. Since he died, his wife has done everything she can short of digging up his corpse to make money off Dio.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 4

give me a goddamn break.

Members of Foreigner over the years.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/timeline/1d999b324130f4f5c3fc324492e13a4b.png

4 Bassists ...4 Keyboardists.. 10 DRUMMERS!.. Foreigner has this revolving door band member thing down to a science

Edited by Xanadoood

I'm all for this.

If you think we have a problem with this because of the technology or whatever, then you're completely missing the point. It should be obvious as to why longtime fans who actually saw Dio live wouldn't like this. If you want to settle for a second rate illusion of him performing live then fine, it's your money you're blowing on it not mine.

Don't care that his wife approves of this. Since he died, his wife has done everything she can short of digging up his corpse to make money off Dio.

Amen! It's disgusting! I can't stand Wendy Dio, Sharon Osbourne and especially YOKO ONO!

I'm all for this.

Are you saying you'd pay concert ticket prices for what is essentially a movie? Sure if it's like $15, it may be fun to see. But anything more than that reeks as a pathetic cash grab.

It's almost as bad as hiring a cover band and actually calling them Dio!

Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 1

I'm all for this.

Are you saying you'd pay concert ticket prices for what is essentially a movie? Sure if it's like $15, it may be fun to see. But anything more than that reeks as a pathetic cash grab.

It's almost as bad as hiring a cover band and actually calling them Dio!

Well stated.

Whatever these guys charge for a ticket, I will spend to support new metal bands. In that case, I'm actually keeping the genre alive rather than dragging it's bloated stinking corpse on stage (that would actually be pretty metal).
  • Like 1

Well, it does say Tim Owens and "others" will be there too, so at least SOME vocals will be live. Still not something I'd pay money for. Why not just show film footage of Ronnie on the back screen as a tribute rather than pretending somebody's computer program is the real thing?

Ronnie James has no say in what is going on .. The man who created all this music did not give this his OK and will not be enjoying any of the money ...

Craig Goldy has done nothing in 20 years .. and that is being generous ..

And the only thing Wendy Dio has really accomplished since Ronnie died is some god awful plastic surgery

Just on a moral level, I don't see how anyone could enjoy this

• Like 4

Ronnie James has no say in what is going on .. The man who created all this music did not give this his OK and will not be enjoying any of the money ...

Craig Goldy has done nothing in 20 years .. and that is being generous ..

And the only thing Wendy Dio has really accomplished since Ronnie died is some god awful plastic surgery

Just on a moral level, I don't see how anyone could enjoy this

Pure shite.

It's a "Disgrace Under Pressure."

• Like 2