Bands that never had a member change??

Bigbobby10

Im no`t 100% but Queen?

I was going to mention Queen, but they officially released an album with Paul Rodgers without John Deacon.

That was not Queen. It was Queen+! Big different!

No. May and Taylor consider themselves Queen. That's why they call themselves Queen.

They haven't released any albums under the name "Queen" without all four guys. There was a studio album and a live album under the name "Queen + Paul Rodgers", and they currently tour under the name "Queen + Adam Lambert" with only Brian and Roger remaining from Queen. However, those are technically different names and for all intensive purposes should be counted the same way as if they had called those collaborations MRT or LMT even while playing mostly Queen songs.

You're grasping at straws. Brian May and Roger Taylor consider themselves as Queen. Read the link I posted earlier.

Read the rules. No new material under the name "Queen" (not "Queen + ____," which is an altogether different name) without all four members present or with new members present = Queen counts.

A collaboration between Queen (Brian May and Roger Taylor) and Paul Rodgers. Official Queen discography on the official Queen website. You are rationalizing.

Im no`t 100% but Queen?

I was going to mention Queen, but they officially released an album with Paul Rodgers without John Deacon.

No. May and Taylor consider themselves Queen. That's why they call themselves Queen.

They haven't released any albums under the name "Queen" without all four guys. There was a studio album and a live album under the name "Queen + Paul Rodgers", and they currently tour under the name "Queen + Adam Lambert" with only Brian and Roger remaining from Queen. However, those are technically different names and for all intents and purposes should be counted the same way as if they had called those collaborations MRT or LMT even while playing mostly Queen songs.

Fixed

Im no`t 100% but Queen?

They haven't released any albums under the name "Queen" without all four guys. There was a studio album and a live album under the name "Queen + Paul Rodgers", and they currently tour under the name "Queen + Adam Lambert" with only Brian and Roger remaining from Queen. However, those are technically different names and for all intensive purposes should be counted the same way as if they had called those collaborations MRT or LMT even while playing mostly Queen songs.

You're grasping at straws. Brian May and Roger Taylor consider themselves as Queen. Read the link I posted earlier.

Veering off topic...

Careening more like.

Im no`t 100% but Queen?

Read the rules. No new material under the name "Queen" (not "Queen + ____," which is an altogether different name) without all four members present or with new members present = Queen counts.

A collaboration between Queen (Brian May and Roger Taylor) and Paul Rodgers. Official Queen discography on the official Queen website. You are rationalizing.

I'm not rationalizing. I'm giving you the facts. Queen + Paul Rodgers is not Queen.

EDIT: and Brian May and Roger Taylor do not solely constitute Queen.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

Also if you still don't agree, read this link:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_(band)

And scroll down to the official timeline near the bottom of the page. There is no record of Queen releasing an album without Freddie Mercury, John Deacon, Roger Taylor, and Brian May on the record or with any other members of the band.

Wikipedia! I am sourcing my evidence from the official Queen website. Anyway, the Wikipedia timeline of Queen members extends well into the 2000s. What does that imply?

Im no`t 100% but Queen?

I'm not rationalizing. I'm giving you the facts. Queen + Paul Rodgers is not Queen.

A collaboration between Queen and Paul Rogers.

And scroll down to the official timeline near the bottom of the page. There is no record of Queen releasing an album without Freddie Mercury, John Deacon, Roger Taylor, and Brian May on the record or with any other members of the band.

Wikipedia! I am sourcing my evidence from the official Queen website. Anyway, the Wikipedia timeline of Queen members extends well into the 2000s. What does that imply?

It implies that Freddie died and John retired. But what you're forgetting is that this threads rules don't care about those details as long as no albums were released with a different lineup under the band name. To put it another way, Led Zeppelin would not count if live appearances were part of the question, as they held at least one concert as Led Zeppelin in the 2000s with Jason Bonham filling in for his late father on drums, even released a live album under this lineup.

Im no`t 100% but Queen?

A collaboration between Queen and Paul Rogers.

Brian May, Roger Taylor, and Paul Rogers making music together under the name "Queen + Paul Rogers." If they'd have wanted it counted, they'd have just called it Queen.

It implies that Freddie died and John retired. But what you're forgetting is that this threads rules don't care about those details as long as no albums were released with a different lineup under the band name. To put it another way, Led Zeppelin would not count if live appearances were part of the question, as they held at least one concert as Led Zeppelin in the 2000s with Jason Bonham filling in for his late father on drums, even released a live album under this lineup.

So it doesn't matter that Brian May and Roger Taylor call themselves Queen and released albums and toured calling themselves Queen. And your example of Led Zeppelin applies. They released an official album without John Bonham.

So it doesn't matter that Brian May and Roger Taylor call themselves Queen and released albums and toured calling themselves Queen. And your example of Led Zeppelin applies. They released an official album without John Bonham.

Except earlier in the thread it was decided that Zeppelin do in fact count as a band that never underwent a lineup change.

And they aren't touring calling themselves Queen. They are touring calling themselves Queen + ____.

About the Led Zeppelin thing, since Coda isn't new songs, they were made with Bonham in the band, so technically even though it was released after he died, it was pre-dead.

And about the Queen thing, if Queen ended and changed to Queen+, that is a new band, just like with Crosby, Stills & Nash became Crosby, Stills & Nash & Young, technically a new band also.

• Like 2

And they aren't touring calling themselves Queen. They are touring calling themselves Queen + ____.

Andrew Ridglely is touring in a band called -Queen

Too soon??

About the Led Zeppelin thing, since Coda isn't new songs, they were made with Bonham in the band, so technically even though it was released after he died, it was pre-dead.

And about the Queen thing, if Queen ended and changed to Queen+, that is a new band, just like with Crosby, Stills & Nash became Crosby, Stills & Nash & Young, technically a new band also.

Yeah they both count don't they.