Your most fave Def Leppard album?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Your most fave Def Leppard album?

• On Through the Night
    • High 'n' Dry
    • Pyromania
    • Hysteria
    • Adrenalize

I ought to check out the WalMart near us. Maybe they've got one stuck in their discount bin too.

Or a hidden mousetrap like in a cartoon...

I could use a mousetrap too. I am ashamed to say that with three cats in the house, we actually have a mouse. It's a disgrace that we have any mice.

How did that happen? Where did it get in?

I don't know how the mouse got in, but he ate my Rice-A-Roni.

The San Francisco treat

There's not much left for them to eat in there. I cleaned the pantry out. They even ate my table napkins.

I hear them squeaking sometimes. There must be more than one.

You definitely have more than 1. Most likely you can also hear them in the walls at night. Thats when we would always start to realize that they had decided to move in with us for the winter. Since we did not want to run a bed & breakfast for them, thats when we would have to start taking action.

Our cats were always outdoors cats. They would be allowed during the day but at night they were put out and went off to the barns where they stayed and hunted. Good mousers but sometimes they just need help. Esp. the few time the mice turned out to be rats. Cats wont do anything about them.

So, when we got to the point the cats needed help we would use mouse poison. Forget traps. Not very effective. Also, forget poison that comes in pellets. The darn things will cary it away and store it for when they get very hungry. The best stuff comes in blocks that they can eat but not carry away. I recomend something called Tomcat. Put it down in the celler (if you have one) and the things will happily eat it and die. Our cats never got interested in eating an already dead mouse so they were never impacted by it - plus they had no interest in the poison. And they had plenty of mice to hunt and eat out in the barns and in the fields.

Try Tomcat if your cats cant do the job.

I'll look for it. I don't think I ever heard of the product.

I'd buy traps but I'm afraid I may find a half dead squirming mouse in one of them. :scared:

Just to bring the thread back to cats and Leppard's and not mice or rats, my vote goes to Pyromania. I love High n' Dry but its just beat out, by a sliver, by Pyromania.

The 2 are both great albums. On Through the Night is good but not in the same class. Not close. Hysteria has its moments but its not close to the same class as Pyromania & High n' Dry. Same with Adreanalize.

High n' Dry & Pyromania alone make Leppard one of my favorite groups to this day.

Saw Leppard twice on the Hysteria tour, once on Adrenalize and then a number of times in recent years. The Hysteria & Adrenalize shows were ok. The shows in recent years were great.

If you get the chance, Leppard is still worth seeing (IMHO)

• Like 3

To explain to how popular Hysteria was:

A good friend of mine was a FM Top 40 DJ when 'Pour Some Sugar On Me' blew up

Remember the Album had been out for 8 months when that song was released as a single.

When it hit, Ken and his team said it was so popular by request they were forced to play the song every 90 minutes.

That lasted 2 years. 2 YEARS!! They were the Number 1 radio station in Oklahoma City the entire time.

• Like 2

I ought to check out the WalMart near us. Maybe they've got one stuck in their discount bin too.

I could use a mousetrap too. I am ashamed to say that with three cats in the house, we actually have a mouse. It's a disgrace that we have any mice.

The San Francisco treat

There's not much left for them to eat in there. I cleaned the pantry out. They even ate my table napkins.

You definitely have more than 1. Most likely you can also hear them in the walls at night. Thats when we would always start to realize that they had decided to move in with us for the winter. Since we did not want to run a bed & breakfast for them, thats when we would have to start taking action.

Our cats were always outdoors cats. They would be allowed in during the day but at night they were put out and went off to the barns where they stayed and hunted. Good mousers but sometimes they just need help. Esp. the few time the mice turned out to be rats. Cats wont do anything about them.

So, when we got to the point the cats needed help we would use mouse poison. Forget traps. Not very effective. Also, forget poison that comes in pellets. The darn things will cary it away and store it for when they get very hungry. The best stuff comes in blocks that they can eat but not carry away. I recomend something called Tomcat. Put it down in the celler (if you have one) and the things will happily eat it and die. Our cats never got interested in eating an already dead mouse so they were never impacted by it - plus they had no interest in the poison. And they had plenty of mice to hunt and eat out in the barns and in the fields.

I'd buy traps but I'm afraid I may find a half dead squirming mouse in one of them. :scared:

Here in upstate NY you can get it at most True Value Hardware stores or Agway's. I also agree with you about what you could find in a trap.

Of course, if the poison works, get ready for the wonderful stench of dead / rotting mouse. The aroma is distinctive - not in a good way. But it will go away and it beats having mice in the house.

Say, the thread now has references to Def Leppard, Rat(s) and Poison - I wonder how many more 80's hair mettel groups can get squeezed in??

• Like 1

Remember the Album had been out for 8 months when that song was released as a single.

When it hit, Ken and his team said it was so popular by request they were forced to play the song every 90 minutes.

That lasted 2 years. 2 YEARS!! They were the Number 1 radio station in Oklahoma City the entire time.

I remember that. In a way, they got lucky. The first single (Women) really did not go very far and it was only after the album had been out for a while that the album really took off. Not often you put out an album, have the first single not do great, have the album go along selling ok for a while and then have the album turn into a monster and one single after another just go huge.

Speaks volumes as to how the album was a great fit for the time and that it was a deep album. Also, they were a great "fit" for lack of a better phrase with the MTV of the day.

• Like 2

The San Francisco treat

Our cats were always outdoors cats. They would be allowed in during the day but at night they were put out and went off to the barns where they stayed and hunted. Good mousers but sometimes they just need help. Esp. the few time the mice turned out to be rats. Cats wont do anything about them.

Here in upstate NY you can get it at most True Value Hardware stores or Agway's. I also agree with you about what you could find in a trap.

Of course, if the poison works, get ready for the wonderful stench of dead / rotting mouse. The aroma is distinctive - not in a good way. But it will go away and it beats having mice in the house.

Say, the thread now has references to Def Leppard, Rat(s) and Poison - I wonder how many more 80's hair mettel groups can get squeezed in??

We have a True Value a mile away. I'm sure our True Value carries it too. I will stop by next week and pick some up.

The San Francisco treat

We have a True Value a mile away. I'm sure our True Value carries it too. I will stop by next week and pick some up.

When you catch the mice will you eat them?

The San Francisco treat

I once sold my old Chevy Nova to a guy named Aldo. He was then Aldo Nova........

• Like 2

I remember that. In a way, they got lucky. The first single (Women) really did not go very far and it was only after the album had been out for a while that the album really took off. Not often you put out an album, have the first single not do great, have the album go along selling ok for a while and then have the album turn into a monster and one single after another just go huge.

Speaks volumes as to how the album was a great fit for the time and that it was a deep album. Also, they were a great "fit" for lack of a better phrase with the MTV of the day.

They also toured like beasts once PSSOM was a hit. They had sold something like 2 million copies of Hysteria the 1st 8 months, then sold like 7 million copies the next year

• Like 1

The San Francisco treat

I once sold my old Chevy Nova to a guy named Aldo. He was then Aldo Nova........

I laughed very much at that. :laughing guy:

• Like 1

I think that was what they said in the documentary I watched. They seemed to always do something at exactly the right time which they attributed to their phenomenal success.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

The San Francisco treat

I was once run over by a Toyota. Oh what a feeling.

• Like 1

Do you all think that they were really that talented, or was it more of always being in the right place at the right time?

Mutt Lange

That's right. Is he still around? He was a perfectionist. He didn't let them get away with anything. That's why it took almost a year to make Pyromania.

• Like 1

Do you all think that they were really that talented, or was it more of always being in the right place at the right time?

Mutt Lange

That's right. Is he still around? He was a perfectionist. He didn't let them get away with anything. That's why it took almost a year to make Pyromania.

Mutt Lange IMO had his ear on what people wanted to hear long before anyone else did.

Now open your listening ears....Mutt knew PSSOM was the drum beat hook that got everyone's attention in the 1st 30 seconds

Listen to JUST the drum beats of each song, THEY are EXACTLY the same, both produced by Mutt

He just replaced the guitar part with a fiddle on Shania's song

And the song structure is almost identical except the chorus speeds up in AMOM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ4xwmZ6zi4

• Like 2

Mutt Lange

Mutt Lange IMO had his ear on what people wanted to hear long before anyone else did.

Now open your listening ears....Mutt knew PSSOM was the drum beat hook that got everyone's attention in the 1st 30 seconds

Listen to JUST the drum beats of each song, THEY are EXACTLY the same, both produced by Mutt

That's a good catch.

Mutt Lange

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N2k-gv6xNE

There's songs from Shania that if you rocked them up a bit and tweaked the lyrics to be from a male perspective, they would make good Lep tunes. I know Mutt has a lot to do with that. Mutt was married to Shania, lucky f'ing bastard. He's a damn idiot as well since he cheated on her. WTF? I used to have a hugest crush on her in the late 90s/early 2000s.

I always found it odd with songs like Animal, Sugar and Armageddon It, that Women was chosen as the first single. Women is an excellent tune but I never thought it was lead single material. It all worked out in the end for the album, so it doesn't really matter now.

• Like 3

Mutt Lange

There's songs from Shania that if you rocked them up a bit and tweaked the lyrics to be from a male perspective, they would make good Lep tunes. I know Mutt has a lot to do with that. Mutt was married to Shania, lucky f'ing bastard. He's a damn idiot as well since he cheated on her. WTF? I used to have a hugest crush on her in the late 90s/early 2000s.

I always found it odd with songs like Animal, Sugar and Armageddon It, that Women was chosen as the first single. Women is an excellent tune but I never thought it was lead single material. It all worked out in the end for the album, so it doesn't really matter now.

I think Women is more like the songs from Pyromania, so maybe they thought it would be the best transition song?

• Like 2

Mutt Lange

I think Women is more like the songs from Pyromania, so maybe they thought it would be the best transition song?

Animal was actually the first single in some parts of the world.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysteria_(Def_Leppard_album)

Mutt Lange

Animal was actually the first single in some parts of the world.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysteria_(Def_Leppard_album)

But not here in the U.S.