Your most fave Def Leppard album?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Your most fave Def Leppard album?

• On Through the Night
    • High 'n' Dry
    • Pyromania
    • Hysteria
    • Adrenalize

High and Dry is awesome.....very straightforward, rocks very hard......

BUT....Pyromania is #1. IS ANYBODY OUT THERE??? Photograph is probably still my #1 Def Leppard Song.

I personally refuse to dog on Hysteria...still a great album. Hysteria is the perfect song for driving at night during the summertime, roads are empty. Animal is another underrated song (I know...very pop...whatever...haterz gonna hate)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ5bS3_BCDs

I wish I knew what is was about that song that I love so much but I love it to pieces. It's such a desperate sounding song towards the end to me.

it's about Marilyn Monroe, and how he wishes he had more than a photograph to remember her by...very similar in subject to Candle in the Wind by Elton John but very different musically of course.

• Like 1

High and Dry is awesome.....very straightforward, rocks very hard......

BUT....Pyromania is #1. IS ANYBODY OUT THERE??? Photograph is probably still my #1 Def Leppard Song.

I personally refuse to dog on Hysteria...still a great album. Hysteria is the perfect song for driving at night during the summertime, roads are empty. Animal is another underrated song (I know...very pop...whatever...haterz gonna hate)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ5bS3_BCDs

I wish I knew what is was about that song that I love so much but I love it to pieces. It's such a desperate sounding song towards the end to me.

it's about Marilyn Monroe, and how he wishes he had more than a photograph to remember her by...very similar in subject to Candle in the Wind by Elton John but very different musically of course.

Yes, that may be, but how many young people have become infatuated with a person from a picture?

And it doesn't even have to be a picture. Here's a true story from the "Little Book of Lorraine's Wretched Life So Far" from when that song came out and why I love it.

There was a young man whom I was head over heels about and he knew I existed but certainly wasn't head over heels about me. I used to sit and look at him when he wasn't looking my way and think to myself that he was the most beautiful man I had ever seen. I thought the lyrics to Photograph were most appropriate to the situation. This went on for two years. I didn't give up easy in those days.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I am looking through my DVD's and have four Def Leppard ones. It's been awhile since I watched them but I think it's the one called Hysteria.

Thanks, Catherine. Is this it:

No. Mine is the one that is in the Classic Albums series. The one above looks like it's done with actors or something. Never saw that one. Did you watch it?

No. I will look for the one you have.

This must be it: https://www.amazon.c...T9ZHD6K5ZVQ2VT3

But i can't find it on Youtube. I keep getting the album and the one that's the movie.

Yep. That's the one. It's interesting because while they talk about the band they do talk more about the album/song process. I totally geek out on that stuff.

• Like 2

I found a BBC documentary about them from 1989. It is in four or five parts. In case anyone is interested, here's part 1: https://youtu.be/5FqrGNg5FN4

Saved to my Watch Later list. Thanks!

• Like 1

It took them 11 months to record Pyromania and it put them almost a million dollars in debt recording it.

SPOILER ALERT

They got it back

That they did.

Funny thing about some of these bands. The members often come across as a bunch of airheads, but some of them are real businessmen.

Who was their lead guitarist? He was very good.

Steve Clark until his death when he was replaced with Vivian Campbell. Phil Collen is also on guitar and he was an early on replacement for Pete Willis.

Is he the one that was in the car accident? I don't know anything about them other than their music.

No that is Rick , the drummer. He lost his arm while they were recording Hysteria. Steve died after Adrenalize came out. I think it was alcohol/drug related. He was 30 at the time I think.

Yes, and Pete Willis was ejected from the group due to his alcoholism. The group was a bunch of blue color kids from England who loved english soccer & loved to drink. Talk about being haunted by their love of alcohol however. One guy dead from it, another tossed out of the group due to it and another lost an arm due to it. Sad but got to give them a ton of credit for sticking with Rick after losing the arm and general toughness in working through all their issues.

BTW - I know about their love of english soccer from two sources. One was a guy I used to work with who got to one of their shows very early, was kicking a soccer ball around and wound up playing soccer with the group. He got to know them (showed me pictures of him with the group) and got to be friends with them. The other is from a guy who attends the same Quaker meeting I go to. He is a brit and knew them when they were nothing - a small bar band and he dated the sister of Pete Willis.

Both these guy's had nothing but good things to say about the guys in the band.

• Like 3

I ought to check out the WalMart near us. Maybe they've got one stuck in their discount bin too.

Or a hidden mousetrap like in a cartoon...

I could use a mousetrap too. I am ashamed to say that with three cats in the house, we actually have a mouse. It's a disgrace that we have any mice.

Those cats of yours should hang their heads in shame for not doing a proper job of protecting your house!!

Still, I guess I can understand it. My parents live in the country and even with 5 or 6 cats. who were very active mousers, we would still get an occasional mouse in the house. Mind you, they did not stay (alive) very long. But we still got them in the house once in a while.

• Like 1

Who was their lead guitarist? He was very good.

Steve Clark until his death when he was replaced with Vivian Campbell. Phil Collen is also on guitar and he was an early on replacement for Pete Willis.

Is he the one that was in the car accident? I don't know anything about them other than their music.

No that is Rick , the drummer. He lost his arm while they were recording Hysteria. Steve died after Adrenalize came out. I think it was alcohol/drug related. He was 30 at the time I think.

Yes, and Pete Willis was ejected from the group due to his alcoholism. The group was a bunch of blue color kids from England who loved english soccer & loved to drink. Talk about being haunted by their love of alcohol however. One guy dead from it, another tossed out of the group due to it and another lost an arm due to it. Sad but got to give them a ton of credit for sticking with Rick after losing the arm and general toughness in working through all their issues.

BTW - I know about their love of english soccer from two sources. One was a guy I used to work with who got to one of their shows very early, was kicking a soccer ball around and wound up playing soccer with the group. He got to know them (showed me pictures of him with the group) and got to be friends with them. The other is from a guy who attends the same Quaker meeting I go to. He is a brit and knew them when they were nothing - a small bar band and he dated the sister of Pete Willis.

Both these guy's had nothing but good things to say about the guys in the band.

I agree wholeheartedly with that and that they did that speaks volumes for them. Most famous band members become very callous, cold-hearted and ruthless. Nothing and no one stands in their way and, if something or someone should, they eject it immediately or walk over the dead bodies and continue on.

• Like 2

I ought to check out the WalMart near us. Maybe they've got one stuck in their discount bin too.

I could use a mousetrap too. I am ashamed to say that with three cats in the house, we actually have a mouse. It's a disgrace that we have any mice.

How did that happen? Where did it get in?

I don't know how the mouse got in, but he ate my Rice-A-Roni.

The San Francisco treat

• Like 2

The San Francisco treat

There's not much left for them to eat in there. I cleaned the pantry out. They even ate my table napkins.

I hear them squeaking sometimes. There must be more than one.

The San Francisco treat

There's not much left for them to eat in there. I cleaned the pantry out. They even ate my table napkins.

They are creatures of habit and like to cling to walls. If you place glue traps where you know they travel you will catch them. If you can take anything they can get to food-wise and store it in plastic boxes. The hungrier they get the more desperate they will become and easier to catch.

• Like 1

The San Francisco treat

You definitely have more than 1. Most likely you can also hear them in the walls at night. Thats when we would always start to realize that they had decided to move in with us for the winter. Since we did not want to run a bed & breakfast for them, thats when we would have to start taking action.

Our cats were always outdoors cats. They would be allowed during the day but at night they were put out and went off to the barns where they stayed and hunted. Good mousers but sometimes they just need help. Esp. the few time the mice turned out to be rats. Cats wont do anything about them.

So, when we got to the point the cats needed help we would use mouse poison. Forget traps. Not very effective. Also, forget poison that comes in pellets. The darn things will cary it away and store it for when they get very hungry. The best stuff comes in blocks that they can eat but not carry away. I recomend something called Tomcat. Put it down in the celler (if you have one) and the things will happily eat it and die. Our cats never got interested in eating an already dead mouse so they were never impacted by it - plus they had no interest in the poison. And they had plenty of mice to hunt and eat out in the barns and in the fields.

Try Tomcat if your cats cant do the job.

• Like 1