• Flash Gordon
    • The Game
    • Hot Space
    • The Works
    • A Kind Of Magic
    • The Miracle
    • Innuendo
    • Made In Heaven

Made In Heaven is a Beautiful tribute to Freddie in every way. I swear there's a moment in A Winter's Tale that sounds like Freddie passing through the pearly gates. I'm sad to see it go in this round, but I understand it's not their Queenliest record. I vote Hot Space. For whatever reason I still haven't bought Flash Gordon, but I watched the whole movie and the title track is still all that stood out (cuz it's awesome). Hot Space is a great album, but it just doesn't compare to their other work. I must note though that it has some excellent cuts, particularly "Life Is Real" and "Staying Power."

After Jazz I stopped following them so I'll just watch and wait until it's down to the albums I know. I do think I have Hot Space on LP though. Because of Under Pressure, or some Roger Taylor song maybe? Don't recall. Anyway, great idea; couldn't imagine a more worthy follow-up to Led Zeppelin.
  • Like 1

After Jazz I stopped following them so I'll just watch and wait until it's down to the albums I know. I do think I have Hot Space on LP though. Because of Under Pressure, or some Roger Taylor song maybe? Don't recall. Anyway, great idea; couldn't imagine a more worthy follow-up to Led Zeppelin.

Oh. I had forgot that I made this thread... I still havent made round 2.

• Like 2

Made in Heaven isn't a proper Queen album it's a cash grab!

I couldn't disagree more. For one thing John never ever would've used Freddie's memory as a cash grab, and wouldn't have participated in the project if that's why Brian and Roger wanted to record it. That's not even a very good example.

I couldn't disagree more. For one thing John never ever would've used Freddie's memory as a cash grab, and wouldn't have participated in the project if that's why Brian and Roger wanted to record it. That's not even a very good example.

Whatever you call it it wasn't made when Freddie was alive and those songs when they were originally recorded weren't intended to end up on that album. It isn't a true Queen studio album, end of story.

Whatever you call it it wasn't made when Freddie was alive and those songs when they were originally recorded weren't intended to end up on that album. It isn't a true Queen studio album, end of story.

It has Freddie, Brian, John, and Roger all over it, with some extra help from the producer. What else does it need to qualify as a "true" Queen album. It's got Queen! Freddie recorded music on his deathbed specifically so that it would end up on records made by Queen or otherwise. When Freddie recorded something, it's because he wanted to see if he cold get in onto a record at the time. Freddie's final musical message to the world (and to his band) was literally The Show Must Go On, which aught to speak for itself. Made In Heaven is a tribute to the legend's unstoppable work ethic and his fight against AIDS. The mere fact that he had enough good vocal tracks and song ideas lying around after he passed to make something that sounds like a coherent (if overproduced) Queen album is astonishing in and of itself. And when I say coherent, I do mean it. Every track hangs together incredibly well, and if they aren't all some of the greatest tracks of Queens career, they make up for that with an incredible emotional pull and sense of tribute and goodbye. Perhaps it wasn't necessary, and perhaps if Fred had been around it would've turned out much differently, but it's a beautiful moment and moving tribute and that's all it was ever intended to be.

Enough of my rant, I get really passionate about this stuff, sorry. Agree to disagree? :)

It has Freddie, Brian, John, and Roger all over it, with some extra help from the producer. What else does it need to qualify as a "true" Queen album. It's got Queen! Freddie recorded music on his deathbed specifically so that it would end up on records made by Queen or otherwise. When Freddie recorded something, it's because he wanted to see if he cold get in onto a record at the time. Freddie's final musical message to the world (and to his band) was literally The Show Must Go On, which aught to speak for itself. Made In Heaven is a tribute to the legend's unstoppable work ethic and his fight against AIDS. The mere fact that he had enough good vocal tracks and song ideas lying around after he passed to make something that sounds like a coherent (if overproduced) Queen album is astonishing in and of itself. And when I say coherent, I do mean it. Every track hangs together incredibly well, and if they aren't all some of the greatest tracks of Queens career, they make up for that with an incredible emotional pull and sense of tribute and goodbye. Perhaps it wasn't necessary, and perhaps if Fred had been around it would've turned out much differently, but it's a beautiful moment and moving tribute and that's all it was ever intended to be.

Enough of my rant, I get really passionate about this stuff, sorry. Agree to disagree? :)

Yes we'll have to agree to disagree. My point is just that it's a compilation album not a studio album. It's not the product of the same recording sessions that was deliberately put together to form a specific collection representing a certain period in time, like say A Night at the Opera, say 3 months in 1975, or whatever. I just think if you're going to include this album you may as well include their Greatest Hits albums which are also collections from different time periods.

Oh. I had forgot that I made this thread... I still havent made round 2.

You should make it now. I think it's pretty obvious what's getting voted off first

and second and third. Maybe you should just skip to round four w/o Flash, Hot Space, and MIH, lol.