Who is the most annoying rock star?

treeduck

I like Sting´s music, but he´s SO pretentious!

I saw Colin Hay of Men at Work and he likes to tell stories and jokes in-between songs, and he was talking about ageing and mentioned how Sting continues to appear so young (this was about 5 years ago). Colin said, "Sting must get up in the mornings shirtless and walk to the mirror and just stare and say, 'God, look at my f***ing shoulders! Look at me!'" :LOL:

• Like 2

I saw Colin Hay of Men at Work and he likes to tell stories and jokes in-between songs, and he was talking about ageing and mentioned how Sting continues to appear so young (this was about 5 years ago). Colin said, "Sting must get up in the mornings shirtless and walk to the mirror and just stare and say, 'God, look at my f***ing shoulders! Look at me!'" :LOL:

Yes, his body is in good shape.

• Like 1

I have heard that Dave is a jerk but no one ever gives me specifics. So why is he so hated?

I've seen a few videos of Dave acting like an ass.

Here's one. I don't know what this fan did but Dave is a jerk.

• Like 1

This may seem like a sin but i was never fond of John Lennon's Personality.

don't mistake this for musically.....ok? lol.

Mick

Lennon is my favorite. But he was an a-hole. To his credit, he admitted to it numerous time. He was still an a-hole.

I think I remember him saying that no one were bigger bastards than the Beatles themselves. But I love their music. So there ya go.

• Like 1

Thing is, I bet Colin isn't far off the mark. Loved Sting in The Police but he does come off as smug and an ass.

• Like 2

Thing is, I bet Colin isn't far off the mark. Loved Sting in The Police but he does come off as smug and an ass.

I'm sure he's not far off the mark.

I know a few men who I think must kiss themselves in the mirror every chance they get. That is, when they're not preening before it. :LOL:

• Like 2

Marilyn Manson annoys the hell out of me. All his pseudo-intellectual babble, trying to sound intelligent and well-read. He's a hack.

i'd forgive it all if he had some good music.

but pretty standard for the day, IMO.

Mick

A fairly well-known drummer was auditioning for KLoggins. Apparently Mr. KLoggins was receiving a back massage and was face down on a massage table. KLoggins didn't acknowledge the drummer at all, and spent the audition whining about the sushi that was being served to him...as he was being massaged. Drummer didn't get the gig.

That's major-league asshole in minor-league celebrity. Maybe doesn't take the cake, but a tale to consider.

http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_640x430/public/logginshed.jpg

• Like 1

Has Neil been mentioned yet?

I think he really only annoys rush fans because know one else knows who he is or cares. The others in this thread bother the general public I imagine.

That's true, but I didn't remember if anyone here had mentioned him in this particular thread so I thought I'd ask.

Has Neil been mentioned yet?

I think he really only annoys rush fans because know one else knows who he is or cares. The others in this thread bother the general public I imagine.

That's true, but I didn't remember if anyone here had mentioned him in this particular thread so I thought I'd ask.

Too easy :rfl:

• Like 2

Help me out here so I can start a poll.

We've got Sting and Glenn vying for first place.

Who else?

Axl Rose

Eddie VH

Should we throw Neil in just for laughs?

Bono

Teddy N.

Who's Tate?

Geoff Tate formerly of queensryche.

• Like 1

Can't stand it when musicians offer their views on politics. Also, when musicians meet with politicians (Bozo I mean Bono comes to mind) and they try to dictate what governments should do with tax payer money while they sit on millions of dollars in their bank account...

Any of those musicians are annoying to me.. Stick to music, donate your own money, and run for office if you want to Be involved

• Like 2

Can't stand it when musicians offer their views on politics. Also, when musicians meet with politicians (Bozo I mean Bono comes to mind) and they try to dictate what governments should do with tax payer money while they sit on millions of dollars in their bank account...

Any of those musicians are annoying to me.. Stick to music, donate your own money, and run for office if you want to Be involved

I agree with you. I was thinking of Bruce Springsteen too as being annoying. And his neighbor Jon BonJovi.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Both of the Moron brothers from Oasis.

one thinks he's John Lennon Reincarnated.

The Other thinks people just like other bands while they LOVE Oasis.

well......i can't speak for everyone........but your band sucked bro.

lol.

Mick

I hate Oasis. Just...no...over exposed to them my whole life. You can't avoid them in the UK.

thing is a don't really Really like the whole Britpop scene. But Oasis was particularly awful.

Mick

You should check out Supergrass. They are everything Oasis wanted to be. More powerpop fhan Britpop.

• Like 1

Tony Banks from Genesis always seems so self important and pretty down on the Gabriel era.

and When he's on stage. he might as well be reading the paper, lol

Mick

Awwww. You kill me man. So true tho. Lol

Love Genesis but yeah. Can Steve Hackett please get some love.

• Like 1

Tony Banks from Genesis always seems so self important and pretty down on the Gabriel era.

and When he's on stage. he might as well be reading the paper, lol

Mick

Awwww. You kill me man. So true tho. Lol

Love Genesis but yeah. Can Steve Hackett please get some love.

i love Hackett.......as much i love 3 man Genesis. they really were missing his extra flare.

Though i can't picture Steve doing that dumb WCD walk, lol

Mick