Vital Signs vs New World Man

Texas King

Rush tracks clash:Vital Signs VS New World Man  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vital Signs vs New World Man

• Vital Signs
    • New World Man

Great matchup; tough choice.

NWM is more of a song, but VS is more Rushy and interesting, plus it saved MP for me on my first few listens (initially WH and TCE didn't impress me, and I'd already heard TS, Limelight, and YYZ of course, which only left RB as great new Rush to my ears until VS finished off the album strong). I'll go with VS.

• Like 2

I voted New World Man even though it's not that popular. Vital Signs didn't seem to connect with me, whereas New World Man was more upbeat (unRush like but still), whereas Vital Signs typical despite the reggae influence. And NWM didn't change my stance on "Signals," it's still my favorite Rush album.
  • Like 1

I voted New World Man even though it's not that popular. Vital Signs didn't seem to connect with me, whereas New World Man was more upbeat (unRush like but still), whereas Vital Signs typical despite the reggae influence. And NWM didn't change my stance on "Signals," it's still my favorite Rush album.

Funny thing about the "even though it's not that popular" comment, it's the only Rush song that hit the American Top 40. So though it may not be mentioned among Rush fans too often, it certainly got plenty of radio play back in those days.

• Like 1

Funny thing about the "even though it's not that popular" comment, it's the only Rush song that hit the American Top 40. So though it may not be mentioned among Rush fans too often, it certainly got plenty of radio play back in those days.

It hit the top 40??????????

It hit the top 40??????????

Yeah, somewhere in the 20s I remember

• Like 1

For, and to me, I chose "Vital Signs". It's one of my favorite songs from "Moving Pictures".