Hurricane Matthew

x1yyz

Okay, so it looks as though the storm just grazed the Florida coast and is losing intensity. https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2016/Hurricane-Matthew

As of 8 am EDT Friday:

at201614.gif

I had been hearing the disaster plans made by my friend in Orlando (I also have an aunt not far away) and people were bracing for a huge impact. But I guess better safe than sorry.

• Like 1

Karen (Mrs. Bear) and I had to prepare for a full on cat 3-4 hit on our house, which we were able to do as I was on vacation. Shuttered the windows, fill up water bottles, batteries for flashlights and lanterns, the whole nine yards. By the grace of the Gods Matthew stayed far enough offshore and we got next to nothing last night. I woke up this morning to a few palm fronds and one small tree branch on the ground, which is already cut up and in the garbage can. We're OK, and if Matthew keeps moving North I can my renew plans for a mini vacation up to Orlando, with a possibility to meet up with Goose and his son on their travels. Will also keep the prayers going for the TRF'ERS up the coast. Stay safe people!
  • Like 7

Okay, so it looks as though the storm just grazed the Florida coast and is losing intensity. https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2016/Hurricane-Matthew

As of 8 am EDT Friday:

at201614.gif

I had been hearing the disaster plans made by my friend in Orlando (I also have an aunt not far away) and people were bracing for a huge impact. But I guess better safe than sorry.

Four-sixths of the Blaze bros plus Mom & DadBlaze are in Jax. It looks like it's heading away BUT winds are still deadly enough. Power apparently nearly went out a few times already at two of my bro's homes. Jax Beaches (which is just a 15-20 minute drive from two of my bros) had already been evacuated.

• Like 1

Okay, so it looks as though the storm just grazed the Florida coast and is losing intensity. https://www.wundergr...rricane-Matthew

As of 8 am EDT Friday:

at201614.gif

Four-sixths of the Blaze bros plus Mom & DadBlaze are in Jax. It looks like it's heading away BUT winds are still deadly enough. Power apparently nearly went out a few times already at two of my bro's homes. Jax Beaches (which is just a 15-20 minute drive from two of my bros) had already been evacuated.

I hope your family and friends stay safe.

• Like 1

Okay, so it looks as though the storm just grazed the Florida coast and is losing intensity. https://www.wundergr...rricane-Matthew

As of 8 am EDT Friday:

at201614.gif

I hope your family and friends stay safe.

Thanks. One of my sister-in-law's said that the creek near their house is flooded and that their roof is being pelted by all kinds of debris.

As of 8 am EDT Friday:

at201614.gif

I was thinking you had family in Jacksonville. I hope everyone stays safe- glad your mom and dad will be looked after! Son is in eastern Carolina and they are very worried about flooding. We were supposed to visit this weekend but we're obviously not going. :(

• Like 1

Some of the local stations were playing the fear monger card during the ramped up coverage, so I've been getting information directly from the National Hurricane Center's website. Oh great, their five day forecast projection shows the storm doubling back and revisiting us as a tropical depression or storm. Bollocks!

As of 8 am EDT Friday:

at201614.gif

Hope they're ok Johnny. Can't remember if we covered this before but what part of town do they live in? I briefly lived on the south side back in '92. Didn't care for it so got a new job back in Tampa and came back here.

As of 8 am EDT Friday:

at201614.gif

Hope they're ok Johnny. Can't remember if we covered this before but what part of town do they live in? I briefly lived on the south side back in '92. Didn't care for it so got a new job back in Tampa and came back here.

Mom & Dad are on the westside but during the hurricane they're with another bro who lives between Jax and Saint Augustine. Got one bro in Mandarin and two more on the southside. ((And then there's one more in Dallas and me over here)).

Power and phones are out where my parents and MarkyBlaze are.

[side note: '92 was my last full year in Jax before I moved to Tally and transferred to FSU].

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

As of 8 am EDT Friday:

at201614.gif

Mom & Dad are on the westside but during the hurricane they're with another bro who lives between Jax and Saint Augustine. Got one bro in Mandarin and two more on the southside. ((And then there's one more in Dallas and me over here)).

[side note: '92 was my last full year in Jax before I moved to Tally and transferred to FSU].

THE F$U? Edited by Fordgalaxy

As of 8 am EDT Friday:

at201614.gif

I was thinking you had family in Jacksonville. I hope everyone stays safe- glad your mom and dad will be looked after! Son is in eastern Carolina and they are very worried about flooding. We were supposed to visit this weekend but we're obviously not going. :(

Thanks!

The bro who my parents are staying with had his power and phone go out. BUT it's best that they're with him. The eldest bro is with them too weathering out the hurricane. ANOTHER bro has power but he just told me that his neighbor had a huge oak tree fall on his house. Holy shit!!! A friend of mine on the same side of town had half of his backyard fence beat down by winds.

The footage I'm seeing of the beaches are raw. Massive flooding and streets I recognize are destroyed or submerged or close to it.

As of 8 am EDT Friday:

at201614.gif

THE F$U?

Yeah yeah yeah...Don't give a shit about that now man

I hope your family and friends stay safe and that their homes suffer no damage, Johnny.

I hate high winds.

About a decade back one bro had a tree fall into his living room during Hurricane whatever. They spent some time in a hotel until it was fully repaired.

As of 8 am EDT Friday:

at201614.gif

Keep us posted. I remember a seafood restaurant in mandarin we really liked. My fave place there was San Marco. Beautiful neighborhood.

As of 8 am EDT Friday:

at201614.gif

Keep us posted. I remember a seafood restaurant in mandarin we really liked. My fave place there was San Marco. Beautiful neighborhood.

San Marco is a nice spot with good restaurants too. Jax has really blossomed the last decade plus. Very different from when I lived there in the 90s.

Having said that, Matthew is nasty...

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/photos/photos-jacksonville-area-damage-from-matthew/454684240

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZvxGyImdjg&sns=em

I hope Narps is doing OK ! It seems like Matthew is hitting North and South Carolina harder than originally forecast. My son is in eastern North Carolina and his town is pretty beat up! 11 inches of rain so far, trees uprooted all over town , parts of town having to be evacuated and state of emergency and curfew in place. Wowza! I was glad to hear that he and his wife and my one and only grandchild, Mittens the Cat, are dry and safe. Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

I hope it behaves itself and peters out before it decides to do an abrupt rightt turn, cross the pond and dump a biblical amount of rain on the U.K.. My heart goes out to the people of Haiti and Nassau even though they must be pretty accustomed to such weather.