Hurricane Matthew

x1yyz

I hope Narps is doing OK ! It seems like Matthew is hitting North and South Carolina harder than originally forecast. My son is in eastern North Carolina and his town is pretty beat up! 11 inches of rain so far, trees uprooted all over town , parts of town having to be evacuated and state of emergency and curfew in place. Wowza! I was glad to hear that he and his wife and my one and only grandchild, Mittens the Cat, are dry and safe.

I was wondering about him too.

• Like 1

Went to St Pete beach at pass-a-grille yesterday. Still larger than usual waves and tide coming up higher on beach than normal. I saw a lot of dead fish on the beach. Not sure if it is red tide or from the storm. Also saw what seemed to be "pro" seashell hunters that were finding a lot of nice pieces. They had sifting tools and nets to quickly find what they were looking for. These storms push a lot of shells up to the beaches.

We survived okay here in SC, except that the power went out yesterday around 11 am and is still out! No property damage, tho. Thank God for that!
  • Like 3