Which Fantasy / Sci-fi character are you?

JohnnyBlaze

Elrond :D

A stern yet benevolent organizer who often knows best, your wits are keenly fixed on aiding efforts you deem worthy.

No idea who that is.

I'm reading that as "L. Ron Hubbard"

http://www.jo.spacia.org/elrond/pics/elrond13.jpg

:LOL: Had to look that up. Not into those Hobbit films. The first one put me to sleep two or three times on separate viewings. The third one's ending just wouldn't end. I kept walking out of the room and back in and it was still on! No joke. :no:

Besides, I'm still trying to forgive Hugo Weaving for his participation in Matrix (aka a movie I despise) :yes:

I've also watched those Hobbit films, but only once, and something similar happened to me. :zzz:

I've never even seen Matrix. :| :LOL:

Well, you're doing a good job in not having seen it. I tried watching Matrix three times and fell asleep every time. I went to see Matrix part 2 in IMAX but fell asleep in that too. IMAX with all its bombasticity couldn't even keep me awake. ((Pretty sure I just made up the word 'bombasticity' btw)) :LOL:

I did like Hugo Weaving in V for Vendetta and Captain America though. So it's not him, it's The Matrix and Lord of the Rings stuff that I find crazy boring. :zzz:

Hahaha, why did you try three times? :popcorn:

:o I did not enjoy The Lord of the Rings movies, but I love Tolkien books to death. :P

• Like 1

A stern yet benevolent organizer who often knows best, your wits are keenly fixed on aiding efforts you deem worthy.

No idea who that is.

:LOL: Had to look that up. Not into those Hobbit films. The first one put me to sleep two or three times on separate viewings. The third one's ending just wouldn't end. I kept walking out of the room and back in and it was still on! No joke. :no:

Besides, I'm still trying to forgive Hugo Weaving for his participation in Matrix (aka a movie I despise) :yes:

I've also watched those Hobbit films, but only once, and something similar happened to me. :zzz:

Well, you're doing a good job in not having seen it. I tried watching Matrix three times and fell asleep every time. I went to see Matrix part 2 in IMAX but fell asleep in that too. IMAX with all its bombasticity couldn't even keep me awake. ((Pretty sure I just made up the word 'bombasticity' btw)) :LOL:

I did like Hugo Weaving in V for Vendetta and Captain America though. So it's not him, it's The Matrix and Lord of the Rings stuff that I find crazy boring. :zzz:

:o I did not enjoy The Lord of the Rings movies, but I love Tolkien books to death. :P

The first time I tried Matrix I was well...a bit....smokey...in the herbal sense...so I fell asleep...after probably devouring a giant bag of Cheesy-poofs and a large supreme pizza. So, I thought I'd give it a second chance. I was 100% sober the second time but I fell asleep because it is what it is. I tried a third time because everyone I knew loved it and praised it as the best movie ever. I thought I might've missed something or "didn't get it" as some people put it. So, I tried once more. That third time I got it: it's a life-sapping, pretentiously shitty popcorn movie with slo-mo, multi-angled fight scenes that are about as exciting as watching sand move on a windless day. So I fell asleep yet again.

The Lord of the Rings movies just happened to be that someone in the house was watching so I tried those few times someone was watching...but fell asleep every time. Nobody in LotR is as bad as Keanu but Orlando Bloom sure tries to be.

• Like 1

No idea who that is.

... it's a life-sapping, pretentiously shitty popcorn movie with slo-mo, multi-angled fight scenes that are about as exciting as watching sand move on a windless day. .

And to compound the issue, this could be a cut-and-paste synopsis of a thousand shit movies that have followed in it's wake ..

• Like 1

No idea who that is.

... it's a life-sapping, pretentiously shitty popcorn movie with slo-mo, multi-angled fight scenes that are about as exciting as watching sand move on a windless day. .

And to compound the issue, this could be a cut-and-paste synopsis of a thousand shit movies that have followed in it's wake ..

See I don't think those others compound the issue because Matrix is a piece of shit on its own merit and a separate bubble of garbage. For example, Transformers knows it's awful (and it IS) and doesn't try to pass itself off as a cerebral piece like Matrix has. Keanu compounds the crappiness though. :LOL:

• Like 1

Am I the only one here who liked The Matrix and The Lord of the Rings trilogy? I thought The Matrix was fine for what it was. I was a big fan of the LotR books, and thought the movies were extremely well done and well-cast. I've seen them all multiple times. So there!
  • Like 1

Am I the only one here who liked The Matrix and The Lord of the Rings trilogy? I thought The Matrix was fine for what it was. I was a big fan of the LotR books, and thought the movies were extremely well done and well-cast. I've seen them all multiple times. So there!

:LOL:

As I said, everyone I knew at the time thought Matrix was brilliant. I'm sure you'd find the majority on TRF likes the first one at least. I still thought it was shit for what it was...and for what it wasn't. :LOL:

Me. I love them all. :)

• Like 2