Band of the week

djflex

Today was somewhere in california

This was a decent listen, maybe my second or third listen of this one. I cant remember the names of my stand out tracks though lol. I like the keyboard intro on the second track. This was pretty good and compares well to the other albums from them i am more familiar with

• Like 2

Today was somewhere in california

This was a decent listen, maybe my second or third listen of this one. I cant remember the names of my stand out tracks though lol. I like the keyboard intro on the second track. This was pretty good and compares well to the other albums from them i am more familiar with

The second track, Lay It On Me, is one of my favorite Night Ranger songs!
  • Like 2

I am playing Dawn Patrol.

Can I just say, I love them already! This is my type of music. Really impressed!

Yay! Glad you like them.

• Like 2

I am on Man in Motion. I like quite a few tracks on this one but it has a couple weaker ones on it. Highlights for me are Don't Start Thinking and Halfway to the Sun. I notice that a lot of my favs tend to be the ones that Jack is the lead vocal on. Kelly has a great voice but something about Jack's clicks for me more. He also tends to sing more of the rockers, which could be part of it as well.
  • Like 2

Dawn Patrol yesterday. The album that started it all! My favorites are Don't Tell Me You Love Me, Sing Me Away, Eddie's Comin' Out Tonight, and Can't Find Me A Thrill.
  • Like 1

Late yesterday I played Neverland which is the next album after the interval where the band was dissolved. I (personally) don't count Feeding Off the Mojo as a genuine Night Ranger release. I get what Kelly and Brad were trying to do to keep it going but a trio only and w/o Jack Blades is just not Night Ranger to me, sorry. So anyway Neverland is the reunion of all 5 original members and I think it's a pretty good release. The only one I feel is a bit weaker than the rest is Sunday Morning.

Today's listen was Seven and I really like most of this one too. With this album and Neverland they still sound like NR but they are thankfully writing songs that are not more of the stuff they wrote when they were in the 20's in the 80's. The sound is heavier but still lots of guitar and vocal harmonies. It's difficult for me to pick a favorite. I like the variety on this album. The weakest one for me is Peace Sign; it's cute though.

Edited by catherine
  • Like 1

I listened to high road today

Honestly this album sounded like the other one i didnt really care for. Just kinda flat. Not much else to say really.

So far this week im 2 good 2 indifferent. Either way its always fun to explore

• Like 1

Midnight Madness today. My favorite out of all 10 (or 11 if you count Mojo, which catherine does not). My favorites are You Can Still Rock In America, Sister Christian, Rumors in the Air, and When You Close Your Eyes.
  • Like 2

Midnight Madness today. My favorite out of all 10 (or 11 if you count Mojo, which catherine does not). My favorites are You Can Still Rock In America, Sister Christian, Rumors in the Air, and When You Close Your Eyes.

Correct!! :laughing guy:

My overall favorite would be 7 Wishes if I had to pick. You can't go wrong with Midnight Madness either though. :ebert:

• Like 1

Honestly this album sounded like the other one i didnt really care for. Just kinda flat. Not much else to say really.

IIRC it took a few listens for to connect with High Road. Initially the songs seem to run together or something but after closer listening I began to hear the Night Ranger "sound" coming through and that did the trick for me. But hey, that's just me, right?

• Like 1

IIRC it took a few listens for to connect with High Road. Initially the songs seem to run together or something but after closer listening I began to hear the Night Ranger "sound" coming through and that did the trick for me. But hey, that's just me, right?

Yes , everyone is always going to view an album differently. Probably for me its even harder because this is not a general style i gravatate towards. So if i listen to this band i will probably always lean towards DP and MM. I have not chosen those 2 yet this week as i wanted to dive into the deeper cuts.

• Like 1

Today was midnight madness

I selected this as i wanted to go out on a high note. This one is a fun listen. Nothing fancy , just straight forward rock. This one and dawn patrol are my 2 favorites. midnight madness is a good one start with if you are new to the band imo

• Like 2

7 Wishes today. Another of my favorites, which is what i stuck with this week. My favorites are 4 in the Morning, Sentimental Street, Goodbye, and Interstate Love Affair.
  • Like 2

So who's up next? Can I nominate one? How do you all feel about Foo Fighters?
  • Like 4

Pass

Sure anyone could nominate one. Im goid with whoever.

However , i am fairly tied up next 2 weeks and may or may not be able to post much. Please keep things moving along as best you can!

Pass

Who are you in the mood for then Segue? But not Shania if you please. :laughing guy:

• Like 1

Pass

Who are you in the mood for then Segue? But not Shania if you please. :laughing guy:

You can't expect him to answer a question that difficult. What he's in the mood for changes every minute lol.

Pass

You can't expect him to answer a question that difficult. What he's in the mood for changes every minute lol.

This...

Pass

I would recommend a band...bit I would probably marathon a bunch of records in one day and forget about it for the rest of the week! I am currently enjoying music from all over the place... Not been in a one band mood since my Nightwish infatuation (which hasn't died...).

Catherine , please go ahead with Foo Fighrers as your selection for next week

Im gonna try and squeeze a few in but as mentioned may be tied up

• Like 4

I read an article ranking Food album from best to worst. I might try and play each studio album from their view of worst to best starting tomorrow

• Like 4

I read an article ranking Food album from best to worst. I might try and play each studio album from their view of worst to best starting tomorrow

I think you'll like Foo Fighters Segue...enjoy the new music experience! :)

• Like 3

I think you'll like Foo Fighters Segue...enjoy the new music experience! :)

I saw them live, heard most of the albums...own three...I like them!

Will be interested in seeing if I love them! I might have to spin some live stuff as well. Live is where they excel!

• Like 3