Wimbledon 2015

goose

Tennis, anyone?

I have been watching, and it's been great competition, of course. Right now Serena is in an epic battle to stay in the tournament. After having won 21 straight service games, Serena was broken twice, lost the second set and was down 0-3 in the 3rd. She has battled back to be up 6-5 with a chance to keep her Grand Slam hopes alive.

Edited by goose

And the British hopeful Heather Watson comes up short in her bid to upset Serena, falling 2-6, 6-4, 5-7. An ovation for Heather by her countrymen, and Serena marches on!

I'm a big tennis fan and I used to do tennis threads in here but the response was not very good so I stopped doing them. And I just can't be bothered talking tennis with philistines so I'll just leave you to it and watch the tennis tour myself and not bother posting about it. :D-13:

I'm a big tennis fan and I used to do tennis threads in here but the response was not very good so I stopped doing them. And I just can't be bothered talking tennis with philistines so I'll just leave you to it and watch the tennis tour myself and not bother posting about it. :D-13:

Thanks for checking in, anyway. Enjoy the tourney!
  • Like 1

Thanks for checking in, anyway. Enjoy the tourney!

Aye you too mate!

:cheers:

Why are the points in tennis worth 15, 30, 40 and so on, and not an "even" score?

It is believed to originate from the Medieval French Court & is based on the quarters of a clock face. The 40 instead of 45 is in case both players are tied at that score as it used to then increase by increments of 10 minutes ie advantage was 50 mins & game was the full 60 mins.

• Like 1

I enjoy a bit of tennis, but don't get to watch much as Gilby has no interest in it and I'm a work for most of it... I have managed to watch the padt two/three finals.

The duck and I keep in contact (not on here though) when it comes to men's slams and most Masters tourneys. At the start of Wimby we predicted who'd make the 4th round and both ended up 10-6...though with a few different pics. Example: he picked Krygios but I didn't and I picked Pospisil but he didn't. We both had picked Rafa and Kei to at least make the 4th round but we saw how that went. Currently, we're guessing scores for the quarters. My Fed vs Simon prediction was nearly spot on. I guessed Fed over Simon 7-5, 6-4, 6-3 when the actual score ended up being 6-3, 7-5, 6-2. Other guesses go like this:

Novak def Cilic 7-5, 6-4, 7-6(7)

Wawrinka def Gasquet 3-6, 6-4, 7-5, 6-2

Murray def Pospisil 6-3, 6-2, 6-3...ended up 6-4, 7-5, 6-4. Looks like I gave Andy too much credit. Still though, it's a straight sets victory.

A Murray vs Fed semi sounds good to me!

The duck and I keep in contact (not on here though) when it comes to men's slams and most Masters tourneys. At the start of Wimby we predicted who'd make the 4th round and both ended up 10-6...though with a few different pics. Example: he picked Krygios but I didn't and I picked Pospisil but he didn't. We both had picked Rafa and Kei to at least make the 4th round but we saw how that went. Currently, we're guessing scores for the quarters. My Fed vs Simon prediction was nearly spot on. I guessed Fed over Simon 7-5, 6-4, 6-3 when the actual score ended up being 6-3, 7-5, 6-2. Other guesses go like this:

Murray def Pospisil 6-3, 6-2, 6-3...ended up 6-4, 7-5, 6-4. Looks like I gave Andy too much credit. Still though, it's a straight sets victory.

Johnny Blaze is back!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

:blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze:

I only watch Maria -

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/maria-sharapova-76a_zpsnesseb35.jpg

Nah, she looks like Putin in a wig. :P

When it comes to Sharapova, I'd like to Put-in!
  • Like 1

Serena is simply a machine. I'm hoping she gets the Slam to put an exclamation point on her career. I'm amazed not just by her power, but by her will to win
  • Like 1

Who?

:LOL:

:haz:

Who?

:LOL:

:haz:

Otherwise known as Kwai Chang Caine!

Man, Fed wiped out Murray like it was a brisk walk in the park. Actually thought Andy was going to take this one (due to his play the last several weeks) in 4 or 5 sets. Shows what I know.

As for the final, Fed will have to serve like a madman in order to keep up with Djoker.

Man, Fed wiped out Murray like it was a brisk walk in the park. Actually thought Andy was going to take this one (due to his play the last several weeks) in 4 or 5 sets. Shows what I know.

As for the final, Fed will have to serve like a madman in order to keep up with Djoker.

He IS serving like a madman, he's produced back to back +70% first serve percentages, I don't think he's ever done that before.