The Future Of The Human Race, Star Trek Or Soylent Green?

12 members have voted

1. 1. How do you see the future of us?

Both. Soylent Trek. What do you think the food replicator on the Enterprise uses for base material?

They convert subatomic particles, so I would assume they wouldn't need something large like a human body.

and the federation of planets always tells the truth. Can you imagine Charlton Heston running around the deck of the enterprise screaming his famous line from soylent green? :dweez:

He would definitely use a few Shatnerian pauses while doing it.

Replicated particles, are, people!

Dr. Maccoy would second that!! LOL

anyone for Firefly?

You know, I've tried to watch that show several times and I couldn't get into it. I really like Nathan Fillion too.

We just finished watching it for about the 4th time through with my 15 year old--I really enjoy the show. Plausable--probably not.

I need to sit down and make myself watch it straight through. I probably haven't seen the best of it yet. I've only seen two episodes.

anyone for Firefly?

You know, I've tried to watch that show several times and I couldn't get into it. I really like Nathan Fillion too.

We just finished watching it for about the 4th time through with my 15 year old--I really enjoy the show. Plausable--probably not.

I need to sit down and make myself watch it straight through. I probably haven't seen the best of it yet. I've only seen two episodes.

Skip the train robber(2) episode until the very end--it's my least favorite and seems forced.....also watch the movie 'serinity' after...it helps with the empty feeling you get when it dawns on you the best sci-fi tv show in a long time was canceled after 1/2 a season.

• Like 1

Both. Soylent Trek. What do you think the food replicator on the Enterprise uses for base material?

They convert subatomic particles, so I would assume they wouldn't need something large like a human body.

and the federation of planets always tells the truth. Can you imagine Charlton Heston running around the deck of the enterprise screaming his famous line from soylent green? :dweez:

Replicated particles, are, people!

Dr. Maccoy would second that!! LOL

I'm just a country doctor, not a speech pathologist!

• Like 1

anyone for Firefly?

Skip the train robber(2) episode until the very end--it's my least favorite and seems forced.....also watch the movie 'serinity' after...it helps with the empty feeling you get when it dawns on you the best sci-fi tv show in a long time was canceled after 1/2 a season.

I've watched the movie but it probably didn't make as much sense to me as it would if I was more familiar with the series. The train robber episode is where I quit watching. Good to know that it wasn't one of the best ones. I'll skip that and go to the next one.

Matrix. I want my consciousness downloaded, and I don't care what they use my body for.

You just want to play around with the woman in the red dress. :LOL:

• Like 1

Matrix. I want my consciousness downloaded, and I don't care what they use my body for.

"as long as people are still having promiscuous sex with many anonymous partners without protection while at the same time experimenting with mind-expanding drugs in a consequence-free environment, I'll be sound as a pound!" - Austin Powers

• Like 1

"as long as people are still having promiscuous sex with many anonymous partners without protection while at the same time experimenting with mind-expanding drugs in a consequence-free environment, I'll be sound as a pound!" - Austin Powers

That's funny! :) But honestly if the machines are going to run our lives, I would hope we would have a better life than Mr. Anderson.

Firefly: they shot a two hour premiere episode, late in the game FOX decided it wanted to premiere with a one hour episode to introduce the show, hense we got Train Job. I watched it and bailed. A few years later on a whim I picked up the DVD set to rent. Watched the two hour premiere episode and was hooked, I even really enjoyed Train Job the second time around. It is very good once you are introduced to the characters and the universe. Pick up the DVD set or stream the episodes in order that is how to watch it. After all that then watch the feature film Serenity, which oddly is the same name of the two hour premiere episode as well.

I got so hooked I bought 2 DVD sets, one for me and one to loan out creating new Browncoats. One of the best damn single season shows ever.

• Like 2

IT'S.......PEOPLE!!!

Firefly: they shot a two hour premiere episode, late in the game FOX decided it wanted to premiere with a one hour episode to introduce the show, hense we got Train Job. I watched it and bailed. A few years later on a whim I picked up the DVD set to rent. Watched the two hour premiere episode and was hooked, I even really enjoyed Train Job the second time around. It is very good once you are introduced to the characters and the universe. Pick up the DVD set or stream the episodes in order that is how to watch it. After all that then watch the feature film Serenity, which oddly is the same name of the two hour premiere episode as well.

I got so hooked I bought 2 DVD sets, one for me and one to loan out creating new Browncoats. One of the best damn single season shows ever.

Didn't the network want Captain Mal to be more jolly or some such crap plus a 1 hour premire? I always end up falling asleep during that episode.

That's funny! :) But honestly if the machines are going to run our lives, I would hope we would have a better life than Mr. Anderson.

Well, Neo is the Messiah of the Simulacrum, so . . . it comes with the territory.

Well, Neo is the Messiah of the Simulacrum, so . . . it comes with the territory.

I'm not sure exactly what that means but if you say so. :LOL:

• Like 1

I think Running Man isn't too far off the mark, with all these damn reality shows
  • Like 4

Neither, everyone will die during the 3rd world war (soon) and no more human race.

Albert Einstien Quote;

" I do not know with what weapons they will fight world war-3, but world war-4 will be fought with sticks and stones"

• Like 1

I picked these 2 scenarios due to their far opposites of the spectrum. I also think the Cooporate society of the original Rollerball is an interim possibility between these.

Dude I just bought that...James Caan--a colossal waste of talent.

I picked these 2 scenarios due to their far opposites of the spectrum. I also think the Cooporate society of the original Rollerball is an interim possibility between these.

Dude I just bought that...James Caan--a colossal waste of talent.

Yes but an eerie veiw of a possible future and what will be done by a corporate mentality that can apply to even in the here & now.

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

First our society will go Sunnyvale Trailer Park then Soylent Green. Out of the ashes humanity will arise like Phoenix taking us to Star Trek utopia.
  • Like 1

Given that the most trending hashtag on Twitter right now is #100dayssinceZaynleft, I think the best we can hope for is a bifurcated future on planets containing intelligent life vs pop culture slaves.