Jump to content


Hemispheres vs Close to the Edge


  • Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

Poll: Hemispheres vs Close to the Edge (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you prefer?

  1. Hemispheres (35 votes [67.31%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 67.31%

  2. Close to the Edge (17 votes [32.69%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 32.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Blue J

Blue J

    Official SOCN Designated Driver

  • Members *
  • 17667 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:16 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 16 June 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

I think they're comparable, but not comparable.  Or is it the other way around . . . ?  Damn.

I think I sort of agree with you. That's kind of what I was saying earlier...sort of. In a manner of speaking, anyway.

Wasn't it?

Now I'm not too certain. But I think so.

Sponsored Post

#82 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:18 PM

View PostBlue J, on 16 June 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

View Posttoymaker, on 16 June 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

I think they're comparable, but not comparable.  Or is it the other way around . . . ?  Damn.

I think I sort of agree with you. That's kind of what I was saying earlier...sort of. In a manner of speaking, anyway.

Wasn't it?

Now I'm not too certain. But I think so.
:blink: ....

#83 Maverick

Maverick

    SWEDGIN!

  • Members *
  • 24277 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Low Earth Orbit
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:30 PM

View PostLorraine, on 16 June 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

There's no comparison.  CTTE blows Hemispheres right off the planet.  It doesn't even come close to CTTE.

While I agree with you that CttE is a better album, I certainly don't think the margin is quite the same size you do.  But given all the Rush fanboi and fangurl love flowing for Hemispheres in here (and quite irrationally, I might add,) I'll certainly take your enthusiasm.

#84 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

    The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

  • Members *
  • 14365 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Goatnut, TN
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:32 PM

View PostDr. Sheldon Cooper, on 16 June 2015 - 05:30 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 16 June 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

There's no comparison.  CTTE blows Hemispheres right off the planet.  It doesn't even come close to CTTE.
given all the Rush fanboi and fangurl love flowing for Hemispheres in here (and quite irrationally, I might add,)
So I'm  not the only one who thinks that way?

#85 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42114 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:41 PM

View PostDr. Sheldon Cooper, on 16 June 2015 - 05:30 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 16 June 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

There's no comparison.  CTTE blows Hemispheres right off the planet.  It doesn't even come close to CTTE.

While I agree with you that CttE is a better album, I certainly don't think the margin is quite the same size you do.  But given all the Rush fanboi and fangurl love flowing for Hemispheres in here (and quite irrationally, I might add,) I'll certainly take your enthusiasm.

That's too bad because I still think CTTE could blow Hemispheres off the planet and take the rest of Rush's seventies albums with it.

I understand how you feel about the "fanboi and fangurl love flowing for Hemispheres in here."  I feel the same way about the CA idolizers and swooners.  :)

Edited by Lorraine, 16 June 2015 - 05:41 PM.


#86 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 15749 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:43 PM

View PostLorraine, on 16 June 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

View PostDr. Sheldon Cooper, on 16 June 2015 - 05:30 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 16 June 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

There's no comparison.  CTTE blows Hemispheres right off the planet.  It doesn't even come close to CTTE.

While I agree with you that CttE is a better album, I certainly don't think the margin is quite the same size you do.  But given all the Rush fanboi and fangurl love flowing for Hemispheres in here (and quite irrationally, I might add,) I'll certainly take your enthusiasm.

That's too bad because I still think CTTE could blow Hemispheres off the planet and take the rest of Rush's seventies albums with it.

I understand how you feel about the "fanboi and fangurl love flowing for Hemispheres in here."  I feel the same way about the CA idolizers and swooners.  :)

it's amazing CA People can't see that about themselves, lol

Mick

#87 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:44 PM

Gonna grab some :popcorn: just in case I need some...

#88 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 15749 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:46 PM

View PostNarps, on 16 June 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

Gonna grab some :popcorn: just in case I need some...

Geddy goes totally swiss on CA in case ya haven't heard :D ;)

Mick

#89 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42114 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:47 PM

View PostNarps, on 16 June 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

Gonna grab some :popcorn: just in case I need some...

That's a good idea.  You need to keep the weight off your feet anyway.  Make yourself comfortable.  

Pepsi?  :d13:

#90 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:48 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 16 June 2015 - 05:46 PM, said:

View PostNarps, on 16 June 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

Gonna grab some :popcorn: just in case I need some...

Geddy goes totally swiss on CA in case ya haven't heard :D ;)

Mick
I heard it in person... :)

#91 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:49 PM

View PostLorraine, on 16 June 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

View PostNarps, on 16 June 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

Gonna grab some :popcorn: just in case I need some...

That's a good idea.  You need to keep the weight off your feet anyway.  Make yourself comfortable.  

Pepsi?  :d13:
Yes. Don't mind if I do... :d13:

#92 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 15749 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:51 PM

View PostNarps, on 16 June 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

View Postbluefox4000, on 16 June 2015 - 05:46 PM, said:

View PostNarps, on 16 June 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

Gonna grab some :popcorn: just in case I need some...

Geddy goes totally swiss on CA in case ya haven't heard :D ;)

Mick
I heard it in person... :)

unlucky you.  there was no pause button, lol

my fav on this tour is One little Victory.  Oh my that is a goldmine of unintentional comedy.

A SPIRIT YODELING FREE!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

#93 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:54 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 16 June 2015 - 05:51 PM, said:

View PostNarps, on 16 June 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

View Postbluefox4000, on 16 June 2015 - 05:46 PM, said:

View PostNarps, on 16 June 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

Gonna grab some :popcorn: just in case I need some...

Geddy goes totally swiss on CA in case ya haven't heard :D ;)

Mick
I heard it in person... :)

unlucky you.  there was no pause button, lol

my fav on this tour is One little Victory.  Oh my that is a goldmine of unintentional comedy.

A SPIRIT YODELING FREE!!!!!!!!!!

Mick
It was really bad that one. It improved vastly after it however...

#94 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 15749 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:56 PM

View PostNarps, on 16 June 2015 - 05:54 PM, said:

View Postbluefox4000, on 16 June 2015 - 05:51 PM, said:

View PostNarps, on 16 June 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

View Postbluefox4000, on 16 June 2015 - 05:46 PM, said:

View PostNarps, on 16 June 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

Gonna grab some :popcorn: just in case I need some...

Geddy goes totally swiss on CA in case ya haven't heard :D ;)

Mick
I heard it in person... :)

unlucky you.  there was no pause button, lol

my fav on this tour is One little Victory.  Oh my that is a goldmine of unintentional comedy.

A SPIRIT YODELING FREE!!!!!!!!!!

Mick
It was really bad that one. It improved vastly after it however...

I agree.  that one moment in the show was like....oh he's still in his 60's isn't he? lol

Mick

#95 Blue J

Blue J

    Official SOCN Designated Driver

  • Members *
  • 17667 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:58 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 16 June 2015 - 05:43 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 16 June 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

View PostDr. Sheldon Cooper, on 16 June 2015 - 05:30 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 16 June 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

There's no comparison.  CTTE blows Hemispheres right off the planet.  It doesn't even come close to CTTE.

While I agree with you that CttE is a better album, I certainly don't think the margin is quite the same size you do.  But given all the Rush fanboi and fangurl love flowing for Hemispheres in here (and quite irrationally, I might add,) I'll certainly take your enthusiasm.

That's too bad because I still think CTTE could blow Hemispheres off the planet and take the rest of Rush's seventies albums with it.

I understand how you feel about the "fanboi and fangurl love flowing for Hemispheres in here."  I feel the same way about the CA idolizers and swooners.  :)

it's amazing CA People can't see that about themselves, lol

Mick

I'm going to try not to take offense to that.

It ain't easy bein' green...

Edited by Blue J, 16 June 2015 - 05:58 PM.


#96 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 32227 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:05 PM

View PostBlue J, on 16 June 2015 - 05:58 PM, said:

View Postbluefox4000, on 16 June 2015 - 05:43 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 16 June 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

View PostDr. Sheldon Cooper, on 16 June 2015 - 05:30 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 16 June 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

There's no comparison.  CTTE blows Hemispheres right off the planet.  It doesn't even come close to CTTE.

While I agree with you that CttE is a better album, I certainly don't think the margin is quite the same size you do.  But given all the Rush fanboi and fangurl love flowing for Hemispheres in here (and quite irrationally, I might add,) I'll certainly take your enthusiasm.

That's too bad because I still think CTTE could blow Hemispheres off the planet and take the rest of Rush's seventies albums with it.

I understand how you feel about the "fanboi and fangurl love flowing for Hemispheres in here."  I feel the same way about the CA idolizers and swooners.  :)

it's amazing CA People can't see that about themselves, lol

Mick

I'm going to try not to take offense to that.

It ain't easy bein' green...

aww dude...hug

#97 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 15749 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:09 PM

View PostBlue J, on 16 June 2015 - 05:58 PM, said:

View Postbluefox4000, on 16 June 2015 - 05:43 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 16 June 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

View PostDr. Sheldon Cooper, on 16 June 2015 - 05:30 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 16 June 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

There's no comparison.  CTTE blows Hemispheres right off the planet.  It doesn't even come close to CTTE.

While I agree with you that CttE is a better album, I certainly don't think the margin is quite the same size you do.  But given all the Rush fanboi and fangurl love flowing for Hemispheres in here (and quite irrationally, I might add,) I'll certainly take your enthusiasm.

That's too bad because I still think CTTE could blow Hemispheres off the planet and take the rest of Rush's seventies albums with it.

I understand how you feel about the "fanboi and fangurl love flowing for Hemispheres in here."  I feel the same way about the CA idolizers and swooners.  :)

it's amazing CA People can't see that about themselves, lol

Mick

I'm going to try not to take offense to that.

It ain't easy bein' green...

Aw just ignore me i'm a CA troll. lol

Come here :hug2:

Mick

#98 Blue J

Blue J

    Official SOCN Designated Driver

  • Members *
  • 17667 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:26 PM

Haha! No harm no foul...I know what you all mean.

#99 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42114 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:29 PM

In the end :), there is no right or wrong here.  I've often wondered what goes into making an album  the favorite and least favorite of listeners.  One person loves it; the other dislikes it.  I guess a lot of factors go into the individual taste.  What they are, I do not know.  It would be interesting to find out though.

Edited by Lorraine, 16 June 2015 - 06:31 PM.


#100 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42114 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:06 PM

The other thing is that Rush has a charm that is all their own.  None of the other bands from the seventies (or any other decade for that matter) had what Rush had and has.  The other bands all seemed to fit the part of rock and roll gods very well.  Rush never did, nor did they want to. Maybe that's part of what sets them so apart from all the rest.  The other bands were smooth and fit the roles they played well.  Rush just did their own thing - take it or leave it - that was them.  Until, of course, someone talked them into their eighties mtv look.  But that grew old fast and they were soon back to their old selves.  :)

Just rambling out loud to myself.  :codger:

Edited by Lorraine, 16 June 2015 - 07:08 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users