Jump to content


Official Opening Night Setlist SPOILER Thread - Tulsa, OK - May 8th


1757 replies to this topic

#1701 TexMike

TexMike

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1292 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Austin, TX
  • Interests:Music, photography, travel

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:19 AM

View Postblueschica, on 11 November 2015 - 10:46 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 11 November 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

We ought to have a periscope reunion party thread.

If you don't want to get depressed, don't read through this thread.  

What a night this was!   I'm glad its preserved on here.

Someone did mention periscoping the DVD when it comes out on Nov. 20th; that sounded like fun! :D :D

Scoping an official product seems a little slimy to me (and possibly illegal, but then I don't understand how people get away with putting commercial stuff on YT either).  Plus, it would be kind of awkward to watch a broadcast of somebody's monitor.

I think a better idea would be to organize a watch party thread for people who've bought the dvd/blu-ray.  Everyone hits "play" around the same time and then comment/chat as it goes along.  Maybe take a 25 minute break between sets too, just like at the show.  ;)  Just might be tough to find a time that works for people across different time zones.

Sponsored Post

#1702 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42287 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:12 PM

View Postblueschica, on 11 November 2015 - 10:46 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 11 November 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

We ought to have a periscope reunion party thread.

If you don't want to get depressed, don't read through this thread.  

What a night this was!   I'm glad its preserved on here.

Someone did mention periscoping the DVD when it comes out on Nov. 20th; that sounded like fun! :D :D

i didn't pre-order the dvd on account of the fact that it is kind of expensive and I don't want the cd too.  All I want is the dvd.  But I do have some bootleg shows on dvd, so I could watch along with that.

Or...I guess I could buy myself an early Christmas present.  :wub:

#1703 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42287 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:14 PM

I just finished reading the entire thread and have to say that the love all of you have for Rush came through so loud and clear in it.    And, too - maybe I'm wrong, but I really do still think that this R40 setlist was Rush's gift to all of their fans.  

It would be nice if all of the periscope threads from the tour could be pinned or kept in a special section so we could read them again from time to time.

Does anyone remember which show was the one with ?? (can't remember his name) and his dancing girlfriend?  I am going to read that one next.

#1704 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:21 PM

View PostLorraine, on 12 November 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

I just finished reading the entire thread and have to say that the love all of you have for Rush came through so loud and clear in it. And, too - maybe I'm wrong, but I really do still think that this R40 setlist was Rush's gift to all of their fans.  

It would be nice if all of the periscope threads from the tour could be pinned or kept in a special section so we could read them again from time to time.

Does anyone remember which show was the one with ?? (can't remember his name) and his dancing girlfriend?  I am going to read that one next.

Bob.  Wasn't it the next show or so? Lincoln or St. Paul. To me the really funny one was the guy who was periscoping and passed out during Xanadu. Everyone was so pissed.  :lol:  But that was much later on. Maybe it was LA?

Edited by EagleMoon, 12 November 2015 - 02:22 PM.


#1705 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42287 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:26 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 12 November 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 12 November 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

I just finished reading the entire thread and have to say that the love all of you have for Rush came through so loud and clear in it. And, too - maybe I'm wrong, but I really do still think that this R40 setlist was Rush's gift to all of their fans.  

It would be nice if all of the periscope threads from the tour could be pinned or kept in a special section so we could read them again from time to time.

Does anyone remember which show was the one with ?? (can't remember his name) and his dancing girlfriend?  I am going to read that one next.

Bob.  Wasn't it the next show or so? Lincoln or St. Paul. To me the really funny one was the guy who was periscoping and passed out during Xanadu. Everyone was so pissed.  :lol:  But that was much later on. Maybe it was LA?

That was CactusPete, and I think it was Vancouver or Calgary.  We even got a picture of him right before he hit the floor.  :lol:

#1706 pfrushfan0122

pfrushfan0122

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 263 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 November 2015 - 04:25 PM

Aww so many memories!!! I still can't believe I was there that night and road tripped out there from the east coast.

#1707 tomhealey

tomhealey

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 599 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oak Park, IL

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:47 PM

Loved watching the scopes.  But even more, loved reading the hilarious board comments.  I looked forward so much to each show.  Can't believe that it's all over.  Sigh.  Good times.

#1708 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42287 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:52 PM

View Posttomhealey, on 12 November 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

Loved watching the scopes.  But even more, loved reading the hilarious board comments.  I looked forward so much to each show.  Can't believe that it's all over.  Sigh.  Good times.

I know what you mean.  I found myself wishing, when I was reading through it, that it was just starting.  Hard to believe it's already six months ago.

Edited by Lorraine, 12 November 2015 - 05:52 PM.


#1709 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:59 PM

View PostLorraine, on 12 November 2015 - 05:52 PM, said:

View Posttomhealey, on 12 November 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

Loved watching the scopes.  But even more, loved reading the hilarious board comments.  I looked forward so much to each show.  Can't believe that it's all over.  Sigh.  Good times.

I know what you mean.  I found myself wishing, when I was reading through it, that it was just starting.  Hard to believe it's already six months ago.

Imagine what it would have been like if we'd had Periscope during the CA's tour. Talk about the comments. I can just imagine, and they wouldn't just be from me.

#1710 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

    The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

  • Members *
  • 14370 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Goatnut, TN
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:19 PM

View Posttomhealey, on 12 November 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

Loved watching the scopes.  But even more, loved reading the hilarious board comments.  I looked forward so much to each show.  Can't believe that it's all over.  Sigh.  Good times.
It was a special time. By the way Tom...Jigga says Hi!

#1711 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4652 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:56 PM

View PostLorraine, on 12 November 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 12 November 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 12 November 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

I just finished reading the entire thread and have to say that the love all of you have for Rush came through so loud and clear in it. And, too - maybe I'm wrong, but I really do still think that this R40 setlist was Rush's gift to all of their fans.  

It would be nice if all of the periscope threads from the tour could be pinned or kept in a special section so we could read them again from time to time.

Does anyone remember which show was the one with ?? (can't remember his name) and his dancing girlfriend?  I am going to read that one next.

Bob.  Wasn't it the next show or so? Lincoln or St. Paul. To me the really funny one was the guy who was periscoping and passed out during Xanadu. Everyone was so pissed.  :lol:  But that was much later on. Maybe it was LA?

That was CactusPete, and I think it was Vancouver or Calgary.  We even got a picture of him right before he hit the floor.  :lol:
I remember CactusPete, couldn't of been Vancouver because I was at that show.

#1712 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42287 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:17 PM

View Posttomhealey, on 12 November 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

Loved watching the scopes.  But even more, loved reading the hilarious board comments.  I looked forward so much to each show.  Can't believe that it's all over.  Sigh.  Good times.
Tom, this morning I was in back of a navy blue Acura stopped at a red light.  The car had Illinois plates.  Thought of you.

#1713 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42287 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:19 PM

View PostCygnus 2112, on 12 November 2015 - 09:56 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 12 November 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 12 November 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 12 November 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

I just finished reading the entire thread and have to say that the love all of you have for Rush came through so loud and clear in it. And, too - maybe I'm wrong, but I really do still think that this R40 setlist was Rush's gift to all of their fans.  

It would be nice if all of the periscope threads from the tour could be pinned or kept in a special section so we could read them again from time to time.

Does anyone remember which show was the one with ?? (can't remember his name) and his dancing girlfriend?  I am going to read that one next.

Bob.  Wasn't it the next show or so? Lincoln or St. Paul. To me the really funny one was the guy who was periscoping and passed out during Xanadu. Everyone was so pissed.  :lol:  But that was much later on. Maybe it was LA?

That was CactusPete, and I think it was Vancouver or Calgary.  We even got a picture of him right before he hit the floor.  :lol:
I remember CactusPete, couldn't of been Vancouver because I was at that show.

I checked yesterday.  It was Calgary, but I think someone said he was at the Vancouver show too.  Better behaved at that one though.  :)

#1714 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42287 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:14 PM

I'm watching the  Tulsa show now.  

It's a lot more dramatic when a curtain rises.  That must have been quite the moment for those of you who were fortunate enough to be there.

If I miss the names of TRF members who were there that night I apologize.

TexRush
LedRush
MysticRhythm
x1yyz

Tom, not sure if you were there.  I know you've been to many.

#1715 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42287 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:37 PM

Can someone tell me why the intro to DEW sounds different?  Is Alex using a different sounding guitar?

#1716 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:53 PM

View PostLorraine, on 13 November 2015 - 02:37 PM, said:

Can someone tell me why the intro to DEW sounds different?  Is Alex using a different sounding guitar?

Yes most likely.

#1717 Leanne

Leanne

    Superconductor

  • Members *
  • 1231 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oklahoma

Posted 14 November 2015 - 09:25 PM

I was there and it was fantastic! :)

#1718 tomhealey

tomhealey

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 599 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oak Park, IL

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:09 PM

View PostLorraine, on 13 November 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

I'm watching the  Tulsa show now.  

It's a lot more dramatic when a curtain rises.  That must have been quite the moment for those of you who were fortunate enough to be there.

If I miss the names of TRF members who were there that night I apologize.

TexRush
LedRush
MysticRhythm
x1yyz

Tom, not sure if you were there.  I know you've been to many.
Oh yes, my brother He Plays Bass and I were there.  I can't believe I talked him into driving down from Chicago to Tulsa.  He hates flying (and flew to the Manchester opener a few years back with me only when I sweetened the already rich pot (front row directly in front of Alex for a tour opener) with box seats to the Red Sox game the following night), and so he endured hours of very boring driving to Tulsa during which hallucinations apparently set in.  I flew to Tulsa and still remember the big welcome sign affixed to the floor in the airport.  I still have the picture on my iphone.  Never, ever thought any city would be so welcoming to Rush fans.  That sign is one of my very favorite memories of the Tulsa opener.  And I remember a great BBQ dinner down the street before the show.  And because I purposely screened myself from any actual inside info before the show, I was honestly pissed when it opened with a steampunk set and CA tunes.  What the hell, I thought, I truly like this album and think it is one of their five best, but they did this already!  Then, as the set started evolving, peeling back the layers, about halfway through the first set, I got it.  And from then, pure magic.  They took me hook, line and sinker, right back to my friend Gary's house, when around age 15 he put A Farewell To Kings on his turntable, and my AC/DC-infused mind would never, ever be the same.
I saw the last tour five other times in person, and at least a few dozen more on periscope, but Tulsa, well, that's in a class by itself.  My only favorite band walked me back through lots of my own history.  Right back into Gary's living room.  Even a lawyer, who's only job tools are vocabulary, finds it very hard to find words to express my emotions for that.

#1719 pfrushfan0122

pfrushfan0122

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 263 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:26 PM

View PostLorraine, on 13 November 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

I'm watching the  Tulsa show now.  

It's a lot more dramatic when a curtain rises.  That must have been quite the moment for those of you who were fortunate enough to be there.

If I miss the names of TRF members who were there that night I apologize.

TexRush
LedRush
MysticRhythm
x1yyz

Tom, not sure if you were there.  I know you've been to many.

It was so good to be there. From my perspective because I was stage left side, I could see all of the changes that were going on with the drum set and the amps. It was really a special treat!!!! I have video somewhere. Moving that drumset was a bitch that night!

#1720 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42287 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:09 PM

TexRush
LedRush
MysticRhythm
x1yyz
Tom Healey
He Plays Bass
Leanne
Pfrushfan0122

Updated list.  :)

I agree that if any show was the one to be at, it was Tulsa.

And LA too.



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users