New Alex Lifeson PRS Acoustic Thinline series

The Analog Cub

I'm not going to argue with you... We don't know if Alex gets anything from the sale of these guitars but somehow I doubt it....

Yet you continue to post responses counter to what I am saying. That seems argumentative to me. If you don't wish to argue then please stop.

Do you not know how endorsement deals work? They cannot put his name on it nor use his likeness to sell them without paying him. They probably gave him guitars and cash based upon how many guitars will be made (limited run/custom order) to use his name to sell guitars. He is an endorsement whore and has been for decades. I have an old Carvin catalog from the 80s with a picture of him with an amp at their factory that they probably gave him so they could take his picture to claim he used it. The same year he did a magazine ad for Dean Markley amps which he was actually using on tour. It's a racket. Now he puts his name on all kinds of stuff then moves on to another company. It's marketing and a way for musicians to get free gear and extra money.

Buying gear is for consumers so those of us without endorsements need to be wary of what we are paying for. Paying $9000 for a guitar is not a smart purchase and only benefits the seller. You can rest assured that Alex gets a percentage of every one of these sold.

Another reason this is a risky buy is PRS is known for electric guitars not acoustics. Even if it is nice the ultimate value will not be retained because of market place perception. Who cares if the SE models sell? They will not have the same level of craftsmanship as the American made models. You don't make a guitar to sell for several thousands of dollars to sell cheaper knockoff versions.

And yet you continue to post negative comments. Youre not as smart and knowledgeable as you think you are.

diib4.jpg

I'm not going to argue with you... We don't know if Alex gets anything from the sale of these guitars but somehow I doubt it....

Yet you continue to post responses counter to what I am saying. That seems argumentative to me. If you don't wish to argue then please stop.

Do you not know how endorsement deals work? They cannot put his name on it nor use his likeness to sell them without paying him. They probably gave him guitars and cash based upon how many guitars will be made (limited run/custom order) to use his name to sell guitars. He is an endorsement whore and has been for decades. I have an old Carvin catalog from the 80s with a picture of him with an amp at their factory that they probably gave him so they could take his picture to claim he used it. The same year he did a magazine ad for Dean Markley amps which he was actually using on tour. It's a racket. Now he puts his name on all kinds of stuff then moves on to another company. It's marketing and a way for musicians to get free gear and extra money.

Buying gear is for consumers so those of us without endorsements need to be wary of what we are paying for. Paying $9000 for a guitar is not a smart purchase and only benefits the seller. You can rest assured that Alex gets a percentage of every one of these sold.

Another reason this is a risky buy is PRS is known for electric guitars not acoustics. Even if it is nice the ultimate value will not be retained because of market place perception. Who cares if the SE models sell? They will not have the same level of craftsmanship as the American made models. You don't make a guitar to sell for several thousands of dollars to sell cheaper knockoff versions.

And yet you continue to post negative comments. Youre not as smart and knowledgeable as you think you are.

diib4.jpg

Well damn, my secret is out. :LOL:

I had a buddy who had a Heritage. It was pretty much a Gold Top. They make great stuff. G&L are hit or miss.

My comments are neither negative nor positive if you read them as I wrote them. You are the one applying a negative connotation, not me. Kindly point out the negative comments in any of my responses to you. I look at gear without emotion because they are tools.

:) Does that help?

As the moderator of this section (to which I was appointed because of my profession and experience, not solicited by me) I am advising not to waste money on overpriced guitars because manufacturers put a famous person's name on them. I am only smarter than people who buy gear for too much money (only pointing out your lack of an apostrophe in the word "you're" to be a smart a$$).

Instruments and gear are tools that I use to earn my living. I do not romanticize them. If something is useful then I will say so. Purchases are business decisions to me. I don't care what anybody does with their money but I am pragmatic. My purchases count towards or against sound business decisions. Spending $9k for a guitar is counter to that. One should always spend the least they can to maximize the value of any given purchase. Buying a marketing piece such as the AL PRS acoustic is being susceptible to a marketing ploy. The manufacturer is trying to take advantage of enthusiasts who think they are collectors. Real guitar collectors won't come close to this thing because their is little intrinsic value at the outset and the future value will only depreciate from the original sale price.

Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2

My comments are neither negative nor positive if you read them as I wrote them. You are the one applying a negative connotation, not me. Kindly point out the negative comments in any of my responses to you. I look at gear without emotion because they are tools.

:) Does that help?

As the moderator of this section (to which I was appointed because of my profession and experience, not solicited by me) I am advising not to waste money on overpriced guitars because manufacturers put a famous person's name on them. I am only smarter than people who buy gear for too much money (only pointing out your lack of an apostrophe in the word "you're" to be a smart a$$).

Instruments and gear are tools that I use to earn my living. I do not romanticize them. If something is useful then I will say so. Purchases are business decisions to me. I don't care what anybody does with their money but I am pragmatic. My purchases count towards or against sound business decisions. Spending $9k for a guitar is counter to that. One should always spend the least they can to maximize the value of any given purchase. Buying a marketing piece such as the AL PRS acoustic is being susceptible to a marketing ploy. The manufacturer is trying to take advantage of enthusiasts who think they are collectors. Real guitar collectors won't come close to this thing because their is little intrinsic value at the outset and the future value will only depreciate from the original sale price.

You just come across as arrogant in your posts. Just remember you're not the only one who has an opinion nor the only one who has made their living with music.

Well again that is your connotation. Kindly point out where I stated that my opinion is more important than others. In fact I went out of my way to state that anyone can do with their money as they see fit a couple of times. Furthermore I have great respect for Todem and have been interacting with him for well over a decade to this point. We are Facebook friends. I know he gets serious deals on these types of guitars. He stated he ordered his and I did not say boo about it.

You are the one who has a problem with what I am saying. No one else has taken it upon themselves to directly counter what I am saying but you. This is your problem not mine. Sorry you don't like what I have to say or how I say it. You took it upon yourself to become argumentative with me not the other way around.

Go ahead and buy the cheap version of this guitar if it makes you happy. My opinion matters not. Buyer's Remorse will be on you if it doesn't live up to your expectations.

Well again that is your connotation. Kindly point out where I stated that my opinion is more important than others.

Soooo...your opinion is not more important than anyone else's, even the people who were not appointed to be the mod of this forum due to their experience?

• Like 1

My opinion matters only to me (as yours does to you). I have stated so in other threads. Everybody states their opininon in these threads. That's what the discussions are; everybody giving their input. Some agree, some don't.

My opinion matters only to me (as yours does to you). I have stated so in other threads. Everybody states their opininon in these threads. That's what the discussions are; everybody giving their input. Some agree, some don't.

I'm good with that as long as you're open to being reminded from time to time that your opinion isn't more important than anyone else's.

Why do I need to be reminded more than anyone else? Are you the arbiter of other people's opinions? Why do you have to be good with it? Who decided that you decide the equality of opinions? It seems you and Eagle have taken it upon yourselves to decide the weight of my opinion versus your own. Nobody else needs this requirement or do they? Seems like the pot calling the kettle black to me. How about everybody state their opinions as they see fit and feel free to disagree? Like adults instead of getting all butt hurt when someone disagrees with you?

Why do I need to be reminded more than anyone else? Are you the arbiter of other people's opinions? Why do you have to be good with it? Who decided that you decide the equality of opinions? It seems you and Eagle have taken it upon yourselves to decide the weight of my opinion versus your own. Nobody else needs this requirement or do they? Seems like the pot calling the kettle black to me. How about everybody state their opinions as they see fit and feel free to disagree? Like adults instead of getting all butt hurt when someone disagrees with you?

You know, you're one of those people that masks insults behind a false premise of doing good. You keep asking to have statements pointed out to you, but it's your tone that's condescending. You remind me a lot of a former member here that was recently banned. Also this is a forum, we are here to discuss our opinions.

I see nothing wrong with buying a $9000 PRS if that's what you want. Gibson sure sells plenty of reissue Les Pauls for that much and more. But more the to the point, the thread is supposed to be about the SE model, which is what we were talking about to start with.

There is unrest in the forest

There is trouble with the trees

For the maples want more sunlight

And the oaks ignore their pleas

Ok who's the maples and who's the oaks?

let's get it on!

:popcorn:

BTW, I reread the comments and I didn't find anything arrogent or insulting...just differences of opinion. And well substantiated opinions at that.

That being said, I can just imagine how many nice axes I could buy for $9k.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet

There is unrest in the forest

There is trouble with the trees

For the maples want more sunlight

And the oaks ignore their pleas

Ok who's the maples and who's the oaks?

let's get it on!

:popcorn:

BTW, I reread the comments and I didn't find anything arrogent or insulting...just differences of opinion. And well substantiated opinions at that.

Yeah me too. I would much rather have several great instruments than one hugely expensive one.

No the thread didn't start out that way. Nor was it intended to be on my part.

Thanks for that. I don't know how expressing common sense can be taken as arrogant. Unless one has an agenda.

Thanks for that. I don't know how expressing common sense can be taken as arrogant. Unless one has an agenda.

Hello? It's your tone, and some people are tone deaf. It's like running into a brick wall. Oh well. :LOL:

My tone cannot be read in text. It's text. My tone can be heard in my voice. Your interpretation of the tone of my text is all you. Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2

My tone cannot be read in text. It's text. My tone can be heard in my voice. Your interpretation of the tone of my text is all you.

Maybe you guys could start using different fonts. Like Sans Empathetic, or Sarcastica Bold, or maybe Times New Chill.

• Like 4

My tone cannot be read in text. It's text. My tone can be heard in my voice. Your interpretation of the tone of my text is all you.

Maybe you guys could start using different fonts. Like Sans Empathetic, or Sarcastica Bold, or maybe

:laughing guy:

Maybe you guys could start using different fonts. Like Sans Empathetic, or Sarcastica Bold, or maybe

:laughing guy:

:LOL:

Maybe you guys could start using different fonts. Like Sans Empathetic, or Sarcastica Bold, or maybe Times New Chill.

my favorite is Passive Aggressive Veranda

• Like 2

I see no reason for you to take that tone.

• Like 1