Jump to content


"Least Glorious" to ???? - Round 14


  • Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

Poll: What is your LEAST favorite album (72 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your least favorite

  1. 2112 (26 votes [36.11%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 36.11%

  2. A Farewell to Kings (8 votes [11.11%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 11.11%

  3. Hemispheres (6 votes [8.33%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 8.33%

  4. Permanent Waves (1 votes [1.39%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 1.39%

  5. Moving Pictures (3 votes [4.17%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 4.17%

  6. Signals (28 votes [38.89%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 38.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 toscanobarga

toscanobarga

    Prime Mover

  • Members *
  • 831 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:28 AM

OK, GUP out.

Who's next ? Well that would be 2112

Sponsored Post

#2 Disk98

Disk98

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3925 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:New York Yankees
     electronics
    bass guitar
    piano

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:29 AM

Sorry, Hemispheres.  :(

#3 BowlCity

BowlCity

    Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

  • Members *
  • 10245 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas City
  • Interests:Video games, computer programming, guitar, Da Bears and Cubs

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:37 AM

Damn anti-synth coalition.

Oh well...AFTK you're up.

#4 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 23452 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Troll beneath the George Washington Bridge
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:43 AM

View PostDisk98, on 10 March 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

Sorry, Hemispheres.  :(
Boo-Bye HEMI.
;)

#5 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 24836 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:43 AM

View PostDisk98, on 10 March 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

Sorry, Lorraine.  :(

Fixed.

#6 Your_Lion

Your_Lion

    Professor Gumby

  • Members
  • 63097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Yorkshire, UK
  • Interests:All I ever really wanted to do was play the guitar 'n bend the string like "Reent-toont-teent-toont-teenooneenoonee"

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:44 AM

View PostDisk98, on 10 March 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

Sorry, Hemispheres.  :(
It least you had the decency to use a sad smiley

#7 toscanobarga

toscanobarga

    Prime Mover

  • Members *
  • 831 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:47 AM

What exactly are the problems people have with synths ?

The only true organic music is acoustic, anything you hear that is amplified is basically a processed electronic signal, whether it's just te volume, or Alex's effects pedals, etc.

Keys are no different in that regard.

#8 Disk98

Disk98

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3925 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:New York Yankees
     electronics
    bass guitar
    piano

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:50 AM

View PostYour_Lion, on 10 March 2015 - 10:44 AM, said:

View PostDisk98, on 10 March 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

Sorry, Hemispheres.  :(
It least you had the decency to use a sad smiley
Well, there's no "puke" smiley, so…

#9 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 24836 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:52 AM

View Posttoscanobarga, on 10 March 2015 - 10:47 AM, said:

What exactly are the problems people have with synths ?


The sound.

And that when Rush started building songs around those sounds, their song quality dropped immensely and immediately.

#10 toscanobarga

toscanobarga

    Prime Mover

  • Members *
  • 831 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:53 AM

View PostLedRush, on 10 March 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

View Posttoscanobarga, on 10 March 2015 - 10:47 AM, said:

What exactly are the problems people have with synths ?


The sound.

And that when Rush started building songs around those sounds, their song quality dropped immensely and immediately.

subjective

#11 gudbuytjane

gudbuytjane

    Prime Mover

  • Members *
  • 858 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:One android on the run
  • Interests:0111000001101001011110100111101001100001

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:54 AM

Well, it seems AFTK is the Cinderella (Man) story of this tournament! ;)

#12 Your_Lion

Your_Lion

    Professor Gumby

  • Members
  • 63097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Yorkshire, UK
  • Interests:All I ever really wanted to do was play the guitar 'n bend the string like "Reent-toont-teent-toont-teenooneenoonee"

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:55 AM

View PostDisk98, on 10 March 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

View PostYour_Lion, on 10 March 2015 - 10:44 AM, said:

View PostDisk98, on 10 March 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

Sorry, Hemispheres.  :(
It least you had the decency to use a sad smiley
Well, there's no "puke" smiley, so…
There used to be one

#13 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 15749 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:57 AM

AFTK

Mick

#14 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 23452 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Troll beneath the George Washington Bridge
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:00 AM

Okay there will be a short yellow bus coming at 3 to pick people up who voted for Signals.

#15 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 24836 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:02 AM

View Posttoscanobarga, on 10 March 2015 - 10:53 AM, said:

View PostLedRush, on 10 March 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

View Posttoscanobarga, on 10 March 2015 - 10:47 AM, said:

What exactly are the problems people have with synths ?


The sound.

And that when Rush started building songs around those sounds, their song quality dropped immensely and immediately.

subjective

Are we not talking about music?  You asked a question which only has subjective answers.

#16 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 24836 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:04 AM

View PostJohnRogers, on 10 March 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

Okay there will be a short yellow bus coming at 3 to pick people up who voted for Signals.

My guess is that we'll need the biggest bus, and the short ones will be for the other voters.

#17 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42212 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:08 AM

I don't care what anyone thinks about Signals.  The Weapon is one of THE best songs Rush ever did.

I voted for the sappy 2112.  :)

#18 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 24836 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:14 AM

View PostLorraine, on 10 March 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

I don't care what anyone thinks about Signals.  The Weapon is one of THE best songs Rush ever did.

I voted for the sappy 2112.  :)

The Weapon isn't even the best Rush song in the fear series.

#19 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42212 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:16 AM

View PostLedRush, on 10 March 2015 - 11:14 AM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 10 March 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

I don't care what anyone thinks about Signals.  The Weapon is one of THE best songs Rush ever did.

I voted for the sappy 2112.  :)

The Weapon isn't even the best Rush song in the fear series.

To me it is.   And anyone that would ever ask me what my favorite Rush song is, I would answer without hesitation:  two - Xanadu and The Weapon.

#20 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21773 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:20 AM

Bye bye Signals. You need to go. The downhill decline had started.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users