2015 - 05/08 – Tulsa, OK @ BOK Center

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My wife and I are transplanted Yankees living in Oklahoma. I'm planning on fly back for the Newark, NJ show...sorry I meant say fly back to visit my parents. ;)

Very excited about this, planning to cross the Red River into Oklahoma. I just havent decided if were going to ford the river or caulk the wagon and float across.

I'd love to poll folks on the way in to find out how many of us at this show are from out of town. I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the 20-25% range.

I was just reading about OKL liquor laws and learned that bars are open until 2 AM (I think). So we'll have a good couple of hours or so to post-show partay!

For warned Tulsa is in the bible belt, beer is watered down! I lived in Tulsa for two years.

The beer is NOT watered down. In OK there is 3.2 low alcohol beer. The Bud, Coors, Miller stuff. Shit beer bought in convenience stores. Also sold in "beer bars" establishments that sell cocktails have the same quality Sam Adams, Stella Artios and other craft beers sold through out the country.

I will absolutely be going to McNellie's beforehand. 409 E First Street. Great comments on ratebeer.com. Huge beer selection, dozens of breweries from all over the country (including Green Flash, one of my favorites). Supposedly good eats too. One-half mile walk right down First Street to the BOK, so hard to get lost. What's not to like?

Classic Cigar Lounge on N. Boston is just over a half mile away from the BOK Center, 2 minute drive without traffic. In the Brady Arts District. Could be a great post concert spot.

http://www.classiccigarsok.com/brady_district_tulsa.html

Since people have done the 'where are you coming in from for this show' I will add...

i am meeting people in Tulsa that are flying in from:

- New York

- New Jersey

- Maryland / DC

- Tennessee

- Massachusetts

- Texas

- Florida

- Illinois

Since people have done the 'where are you coming in from for this show' I will add...

- New York

- New Jersey

- Maryland / DC

- Tennessee

- Massachusetts

- Texas

- Florida

- Illinois

I'm coming from CT/NY as well.

- New York

- New Jersey

- Maryland / DC

- Tennessee

- Massachusetts

- Texas

- Florida

- Illinois

MysticRhythm coming in from Arkansas (although hes driving, not flying)

- New York

- New Jersey

- Maryland / DC

- Tennessee

- Massachusetts

- Texas

- Florida

- Illinois

Representing Delaware! (Though I am flying out of Baltimore).

Stephena, my Dad (God rest his soul) was born in your fine city!

- New York

- New Jersey

- Maryland / DC

- Tennessee

- Massachusetts

- Texas

- Florida

- Illinois

Representing Delaware! (Though I am flying out of Baltimore).

Stephena, my Dad (God rest his soul) was born in your fine city!

Delaware represent, see you there...

I have been here in Norwalk for about 20 years... wow thats a long time!

From the thread alone, here is the list of states represented going to the show (16/50):

Arizona

Connecticut

Texas

Colorado

Arkansas

Mississippi

Oklahoma

Delaware

Utah

New York

New Jersey

Maryland / DC

Tennessee

Massachusetts

Florida

Illinois

From the thread alone, here is the list of states represented going to the show (16/50):

Arizona

Connecticut

Texas

Colorado

Arkansas

Mississippi

Oklahoma

Delaware

Utah

New York

New Jersey

Maryland / DC

Tennessee

Massachusetts

Florida

Illinois

Let's add Indiana to the list.

Will be driving in on day of show. If any of you will be driving along my route (probably I-70 and I-44) watch for '14 Kia Sorento full of Rush fan(atics).

We will also be at the Lincoln show. Anyone know a good route to drive between Tulsa and Lincoln?

Arizona

Connecticut

Texas

Colorado

Arkansas

Mississippi

Oklahoma

Delaware

Utah

New York

New Jersey

Maryland / DC

Tennessee

Massachusetts

Florida

Illinois

Let's add Indiana to the list.

Will be driving in on day of show. If any of you will be driving along my route (probably I-70 and I-44) watch for '14 Kia Sorento full of Rush fan(atics).

We will also be at the Lincoln show. Anyone know a good route to drive between Tulsa and Lincoln?

You can now add California to the list as well! Opening night, yay!

Cigars after the show?

Quote this post adding your user name if you are interested in relaxing over cigars after the show. I'll make arrangements with Classic Cigars and Lounge which is a half mile away from the BOK.

Cigars after the show?

Quote this post adding your user name if you are interested in relaxing over cigars after the show. I'll make arrangements with Classic Cigars and Lounge which is a half mile away from the BOK.

I would LOVE to indulge in a cigar after but will be with 10+ other people that i only see at opening night.

IF they are game i (and them) will join you, but i can't commit.

Cigars after the show?

when are you getting to Tulsa?

i will be there the night before and MIGHT be up for a cigar then!

Cigars after the show?

when are you getting to Tulsa?

i will be there the night before and MIGHT be up for a cigar then!

I could be up for a post show cigar. Also getting in on Thursday night. Would be great to have something to do!!

Albuquerque, had a GREAT time there for opening night of Time Machine.

on the way to the venue i stopped the van that my crew and i were in right the middle of the highway and we all got out and climbed ontop of this HUGE stone-made rattle snake.

the driver thought we were nuts, we were all handing him our cameras (there were 15 or so of us) for him to take pics of us all up on this thing...

(if i could figure out how to insert a photo i would upload it here)

anyway...

19/50

Arizona

Arkansas

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Delaware

Florida

Illinois

Indiana

Maryland / DC