Was it really worth it? Vapor Trails VS Vapor Trails (Remix)

R2U1S1H2

So if this was done I am sorry

I listened to both of these albums back to back and i don't really know if they needed to remix this album, i've heard them talk about how the original was rushed and to the max, they left Geddy to do it himself, Alex didn't do solos etc etc.

So they toned it down for the remix version and added a solo or two but does it really change the feel of the album for you?

Are you going to listen to the remix version instead?

what do you guys think?

Yes But I don't consider Vapor Trails shitty.

tis ok

• Like 3

I prefer the remix. It was the right thing to do.

any reason why?

A turd with some polish is still a turd...

Narps another thread where i can spew my hate for VT.

Remixes are fine if you are remixing good material. There is nothing likeable about VT to me. Not 1 single song makes me say i'm glad i put this on. It just makes me wish i had a blowtorch.

Yes the production was awful. But so was the materiel. And if you don't have good material what's the point of a remix?

Mick

• Like 2

Not bothering with the remix. Alex added a guitar on what I consider a great cymbal ride on Ceiling Unlimited during the instrumental section. Another added piece to "Out of the Cradle" also ruined a fave moment for me. So no, I'm keeping the original.
  • Like 1

I like the remix but my favorite song off the album, "How it Is" is better off the original. While the remix sounds a tad bit better both versions are brickwalled.

Remixes are fine if you are remixing good material. There is nothing likeable about VT to me. Not 1 single song makes me say i'm glad i put this on. It just makes me wish i had a blowtorch.

Yes the production was awful. But so was the materiel. And if you don't have good material what's the point of a remix?

Mick

The TMF. The Mick Forum if these threads keep popping up... :LOL: The next thread will extol the virtues of Clockwork Angels.... Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

Yes But I don't consider Vapor Trails shitty.

tis ok

I do but thats just me. A worse noise I have never heard on a record. Some of their live recordings recently come close...

Mick

The TMF. The Mick Forum if these threads keep popping up... :LOL: The next thread will extol the virtues of Clockwork Angels....

lol. I don't care If VT got the Segue. They ALL get the Segue at some point. People do not realize the burning searing hatred i have for VT. you CANNOT know it unless you're me, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Both versions have their pros and cons. I think they took too many liberties with the remix in terms instrument levels. I was lucky enough to get a hold of the remaster of the original mix which I prefer over overall.
  • Like 1

It's me but I don't mind some "grit" on rock songs.

I don't mind grit. I mind headache-inducing cacophony.

Thanks Cy^^^^^.... :cheers: There was some grit in the debut. There is some grit in CP. This is out and out noise...
  • Like 2

Grit is one thing.......this is diarrhea we're talking here.

lol

Mick

Runny poo?.... :LOL:
  • Like 1

Grit is one thing.......this is diarrhea we're talking here.

lol

Mick

Runny poo?.... :LOL:

Runny Leaky poo that Segue could eat and Apparently does cause he loves this turd

Mick

(Note: Segue is my bud......and he knows this, lol)

I usually agree with bluefox and Narpski but I couldn't disagree more re VT. Easily my favorite Rush album since MP. Re the remix, I think overall it sounds better and more listenable when you're taking the whole album in; there's better separation of sounds and it sounds less urgent, if that makes sense. But, there are times when I want to blast a particular track or two that I go to the original because it is that in-your-face blast of sound that's tiring over an album length but great in bursts. So, was it worth it? Absolutely. More of a good thing, and for the most part an improvement.

I usually agree with bluefox and Narpski but I couldn't disagree more re VT. Easily my favorite Rush album since MP. Re the remix, I think overall it sounds better and more listenable when you're taking the whole album in; there's better separation of sounds and it sounds less urgent, if that makes sense. But, there are times when I want to blast a particular track or two that I go to the original because it is that in-your-face blast of sound that's tiring over an album length but great in bursts. So, was it worth it? Absolutely. More of a good thing, and for the most part an improvement.

For the record even though i do hate VT. I really have no problem with people enjoying it.......i'm just being colorful, lol

Mick

• Like 1