Which Rush member would you want to be?

Pars123

Which member would you rather be?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which member would you rather be?

I don't know if I've made this before, but let's make it interesting! Which member of the band would you rather be? And why? Specify Geddy now, Geddy 1978 etc:. I would be Geddy Lee 1994! Because I get to sing the Hemispheres Prelude and then I get to play Nobody's Hero!

:rush:

Edited by Pars123

I'd like to be Neil's shower head in his bus. That way, I could piss all over him for purposely dumbing down nearly EVERY difficult old song just to spite fans, and for raping and pillaging everything that made him "Neil Peart" before 1996.

Jesus, well okay! Thank you for the detailed answer!

Geddy. The man has everything. Everything. He has everything professionally and personally. And, on top of it all, he's nice too.

I don't know any Canadians personally other than those I have met on here, so I don't know if the traits I admire most in all of them are inherent to Canadians, but what amazes and astounds me the most is how they kept their feet on the ground and their collective heads out of the clouds and never got swept away with the rock star scene and made idiots of themselves like 99% of the other bands did back then (and still do today I suppose). That really amazes me. Geddy sounded already in the seventies so responsible and mature.

Anyway, that's my answer.

• Like 6

Geddy. The man has everything. Everything. He has everything professionally and personally. And, on top of it all, he's nice too.

I don't know any Canadians personally other than those I have met on here, so I don't know if the traits I admire most in all of them are inherent to Canadians, but what amazes and astounds me the most is how they kept their feet on the ground and their collective heads out of the clouds and never got swept away with the rock star scene and made idiots of themselves like 99% of the other bands did back then (and still do today I suppose). That really amazes me. Geddy sounded already in the seventies so responsible and mature.

Thank you for your very detailed answer also Lorraine! :)

:rush:

• Like 1

I wanted to clarify my post. I should say he "seemingly" has everything. I can only go by what I observe by watching and listening to him keeping in mind that he is a performer. And a good one too. But you can only keep up a facade for so long before it crumbles. The man seems genuinely nice. Of course, I don't live with him. The opposite could be true for all I know. But, if he truly is as he seems to be, his spouse if one lucky woman.

• Like 2

Geddy definitely has improved his demeanor...back in the mid 80's he was starting to get a bit pompous and uppity. But, it seems like he caught a glimpse of himself becoming like that and did something about it because he doesn't come across that way at all now. But, just as long as he doesn't dress any more like a hipster then we're ok.
  • Like 4

Geddy definitely has improved his demeanor...back in the mid 80's he was starting to get a bit pompous and uppity. But, it seems like he caught a glimpse of himself becoming like that and did something about it because he doesn't come across that way at all now. But, just as long as he doesn't dress any more like a hipster then we're ok.

I noticed that too. As the 80's progressed, he got more and more into himself (for lack of a better way to put it). I often wondered what was going on. It came to an abrupt halt. He changed drastically looks-wise within a year. Gone was dapper Geddy. And he looked like he had aged considerably all of a sudden.

• Like 1

I chose Geddy. Nice, sincere, healthy, balanced, and never short on talent. :ebert:

EDIT: Damn... those are some cruel results, even by my standards.

Edited by ThatLightInYourEyes
  • Like 1

My first inclination is to say late 70s/early 80s Geddy due to the awesomeness of the band at that time. But it seems like he's gotten better as the years go on so my second choice would be late 90s Geddy.
  • Like 1

Looks like this poll should be, "Which Rush member do you think is the happiest?"

I don't think any of them really are. They have problems too. It is just that they can afford their problems; the rest of us struggle with ours in different degrees.

I think they are more or less resigned and content, but happy? I honestly don't know.

Edited by Lorraine

I would choose to be Alex because it would be absolutely awesome to be able to play guitar like he does. As much as I love listening to his music, I can only imagine how awesome it must be to be the OWNER and creator of so many incredible riffs and tones.

As for the time period, I would probably prefer to be Alex right after Signals, so I could steer the band away from the direction they were about to head in at that point in time. Though I'd also like to be Alex right now, so I could INSIST on adding The Necromancer to the next tour's setlist!

• Like 2

Geddy all the way. Not only is he really talented, but he's a complete sweetheart. Geddy Lee, Hugh Jackman, and Eric Carr from KISS (RIP) should set the precedent for how all celebs should treat their fans.

Alex is a little more in tune with my personality though...quirky sense of humor, but my humor is ten times more raunchy and vulgar.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to censor myself here. I really feel horrible for what happened to Neil in the late 90s. No one should ever have to feel the pain of losing two loved ones almost at once, but I'm sorry, Since then, Neil has become a bitter, lonely old man who cares only of himself. And it's a shame, because he really is one of the best drummers in the world.

• Like 2

Geddy, just so Lorraine would respect me.

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

When you have that you pretty much have it all..... :)

• Like 1

Geddy, just so Lorraine would respect me.

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

When you have that you pretty much have it all..... :)

Agreed...

...sometimes all a man has is his awesome Rush collection and his dreams.

• Like 1

That's pretty hard to decide. Just being a man would be a shock to me :LOL:.
  • Like 2