The Official Golf Hacker Thread

Hey, Narps. Here's some classic stuff from your favorite PGA player. The best one starts at 1:35.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=3JSgpcZ0jfo

Asshat...

All I did was post a video. :(

:LOL:

lol. After I made the post I thought the same. Some specificity most likely would have helped...

Lost in the first round of League playoffs on the first extra hole. A par 5 that he birdied and I parred. I played the best golfer in the league (he has won the championship 3 out of the last 4 years and lost in the championship the other year). Match play and I was getting a stroke on 4 holes.

On hole #9 I was getting a stroke. Opponent hit a huge push off the tee. He hit a tree with his 2nd shot so he had to get up and down for par from about 105 yards uphill mostly blind shot to force extra holes. Dude stiffs it to about 5 feet and makes the putt. Good on him, but come on! How often does that even happen!!! :) Up and down from 105 yards...

Competitive golf season is now over :(

• Like 1

Lost in the first round of League playoffs on the first extra hole. A par 5 that he birdied and I parred. I played the best golfer in the league (he has won the championship 3 out of the last 4 years and lost in the championship the other year). Match play and I was getting a stroke on 4 holes.

On hole #9 I was getting a stroke. Opponent hit a huge push off the tee. He hit a tree with his 2nd shot so he had to get up and down for par from about 105 yards uphill mostly blind shot to force extra holes. Dude stiffs it to about 5 feet and makes the putt. Good on him, but come on! How often does that even happen!!! :) Up and down from 105 yards...

That's what I love about match play. You get to make those kind of shot without any fear, because you have nothing to lose at that point. Sounds like you had a good round!

I carded a 41 on the front nine yesterday with a triple and double bogie. :LOL:

Edited by goose

That's what I love about match play. You get to make those kind of shot without any fear, because you have nothing to lose at that point. Sounds like you had a good round!

I played ok. Hit a few bad shots, one of which cost me one of the holes that i was getting a stroke. Hit one in the bunker on a par 3 which was bad enough but the lie was right below the lip so i had no chance to advance the ball. Took a DB and lost the hole. Chipping was mediocre too..a better chip on the last hole would have given me an easier par putt that would have won the match. I had about an 18footer to win the match and it grazed the lip. Edited by Mithrandir

I played ok. Hit a few bad shots, one of which cost me one of the holes that i was getting a stroke. Hit one in the bunker on a par 3 which was bad enough but the lie was right below the lip so i had no chance to advance the ball. Took a DB and lost the hole. Chipping was mediocre too..a better chip on the last hole would have given me an easier par putt that would have won the match. I had about an 18footer to win the match and it grazed the lip.

It's a cruel game.
  • Like 1

Shot a really good 80 today. Started bogie-triple bogie-bogie, but then went birdie-bogie-birdie-par-bogie-par to save a 41. My second nine was a 39, with three penalty strokes. A good round! Edited by goose

Still waiting for a great 18 this year, but I had a nice back nine the other day. 38 with bookend double bogies.

How do you even play without some upshot saying "get in the hole" every time you make contact?

Still waiting for a great 18 this year, but I had a nice back nine the other day. 38 with bookend double bogies.

How do you even play without some upshot saying "get in the hole" every time you make contact?

It's the camera shutters that get to me.

• Like 1

Stupid autocorrect...upshot for dipshit?

Stupid autocorrect...upshot for dipshit?

And the dipshit is, I didn't even notice!

CfA0cxm.jpg

10 years ago, on Christmas morning.

Love the slacks but it looks like you missed the ball completely on that one lol. I have a pair of knickers that are tartan and similar in color to those I used to wear back in the day. I have around 10 pairs of knickers(still have them) in various colors and styles I wore back in the late 80's and early 90's. Inconspicuous I wasn't lol... Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

For what it's worth I have been working on my golf swing and fundamentals the past couple weeks and not playing. I live in what used to be a golf course community but the course closed down a couple years ago. There is a gentleman who lives off the old 14th hole and he has been keeping the grass cut as a pseudo practice area. I have been practicing out there almost daily and it's free. My swing has always been short and quick and I have always used a 10 finger grip. Since I had my right wrist fused I have found out that method doesn't work so well anymore. I have gone to an overlap grip(which already feels natural) and lengthened my swing and gained some much needed tempo. I could shoot 80-85 all day the other way but I want more in my old age. I love the progress I've already made. I may play later in the week to see where I'm at...The journey continues Edited by Narps
  • Like 2

CfA0cxm.jpg

Love the slacks but it looks like you missed the ball completely on that one lol. I have a pair of knickers that are tartan and similar in color to those I used to wear back in the day. I have around 10 pairs of knickers(still have them) in various colors and styles I wore back in the late 80's and early 90's. Inconspicuous I wasn't lol...

Those are ac

CfA0cxm.jpg

Love the slacks but it looks like you missed the ball completely on that one lol. I have a pair of knickers that are tartan and similar in color to those I used to wear back in the day. I have around 10 pairs of knickers(still have them) in various colors and styles I wore back in the late 80's and early 90's. Inconspicuous I wasn't lol...

:LOL:

Those are actually flannel pajama pants, but they work for the golf course too! I take it you were a Payne Stewart fan?

• Like 1

My leaque had the end of season outing last Sunday. Shot 41-40=81. Missed a few short putts. Had 1 birdie that won a skin. Missed 4 other birdie putts that rnaged from 5-12 feet. Sadly I may only play 1 or 2 more times, if that.

Nice round

My leaque had the end of season outing last Sunday. Shot 41-40=81. Missed a few short putts. Had 1 birdie that won a skin. Missed 4 other birdie putts that rnaged from 5-12 feet. Sadly I may only play 1 or 2 more times, if that.

Nice round...and congrat's on the skin!

My son had a swim meet all weekend, and I had to work it. This meant that I had miss my favorite Men's club event of the year: Four-clubs only from the forward tees. :rage:

But Tuesday I fly out to Cabo San Lucas, where I'll be playing this course...

http://be478d95e8aa404656c1-d983ce57e4c84901daded0f67d5a004f.r11.cf1.rackcdn.com/quivira-los-cabos-residence/media/Quivira-Golf-Gallery-4-58ebeb5fb66b9.jpg

• Like 2

Nice round

My son had a swim meet all weekend, and I had to work it. This meant that I had miss my favorite Men's club event of the year: Four-clubs only from the forward tees. :rage:

http://be478d95e8aa404656c1-d983ce57e4c84901daded0f67d5a004f.r11.cf1.rackcdn.com/quivira-los-cabos-residence/media/Quivira-Golf-Gallery-4-58ebeb5fb66b9.jpg

Dang. Leave any pull hooks at home lol...
  • Like 1

Nice round

Dang. Leave any pull hooks at home lol...

That's my sweet spot. :(