Official 2014 PGA Tour Thread

RushCanuck

I'm watching the first round, wishing I could jump into the t.v. and escape winter. Everyone is in short sleeves, the sun is shining, the scenery is spectacular. Some of my favorites are competing - Kuch, Zack, Sneds, Duf.

My wife has control at this point so not watching. I do enjoy watching the tourney at that course. Kind of like the Masters in that regard. Same holes every year and I am very familiar with it. The last hole always has some drama...

First round in the books and 4 players tied for the lead, including young buck Jordan Spieth..

I did watch some of it last night. Did you see Patrick Reed at all or his caddy specifically ? I didn't and was curious.....

First round in the books and 4 players tied for the lead, including young buck Jordan Spieth..

I did watch some of it last night. Did you see Patrick Reed at all or his caddy specifically ? I didn't and was curious.....

Yes, they showed Patrick here and there (he was in green shirt) and he had male caddy (his brother). I did some snooping around and his wife is pregnant, but she is talking about going back to the bag after their daughter is born in May.

• Like 1

Yes, they showed Patrick here and there (he was in green shirt) and he had male caddy (his brother). I did some snooping around and his wife is pregnant, but she is talking about going back to the bag after their daughter is born in May.

Thanks for the info. I googled him last night and found nothing regarding his caddy situation. Good for them too. I am sure it won't be long before she is lugging around that bag that is practically bigger than she is....

Hyundai Tournament of Champions update - Zack Johnson shot a 2nd round 7 under 66 to take the lead at 13 under. The sun is shining and it's 80 degrees F at the Tournament.

Amazing round with not one birdie on a par 5. Very hard to do.....
  • Like 1

Derek Ernst must feel like a total hack......

he won once and is a millionaire because of it so hopefully that eases this week's embarrassment

It happens to many of them after they win unfortunately. Especially when it's a major....

Nice win for Zach Johnson at the Hyundai T of C today, finishing at 19 -. 2nd place goes to 20 year old Jordan Spieth, who is likeable and entertaining to watch. Now it's on to the Sony Open.

:cheers: Zach. Typically, another weak field at the Sony :(

Yeah the Sony field has been declining for years. The course looks like a muni track compared to tons of other world class courses in Hawaii, that could be one reason. The time & effort of traveling...? Not sure why it it's definitely not a top event by any stretch.

I happen to be watching the golf channel right now. Holly. Sonders. 'Nuff said.

Yeah the Sony field has been declining for years. The course looks like a muni track compared to tons of other world class courses in Hawaii, that could be one reason. The time & effort of traveling...? Not sure why it it's definitely not a top event by any stretch.

I happen to be watching the golf channel right now. Holly. Sonders. 'Nuff said.

John Daly in 5th!

Daly will implode although I hope he doesn't. That tourney needs some juice and he could provide it over the weekend... :)
  • Like 1

John Daly in 5th!

Retief Goosen also shot first round 4 under. I've always cheered for him - you gotta like a guy whose nickname is the 'Goose'!

Retief! I hear that a lot from my buddies out on the links.
  • Like 1

Daly will implode although I hope he doesn't. That tourney needs some juice and he could provide it over the weekend... :)

Daly squeaked in under the cut line and will play the weekend.

I'm a PGA addict but even I am finding this tournament challenging to watch... I'll probably be watching the football games today instead.