#781 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 68497 posts
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:25 AM

Nova Carmina, on 07 October 2019 - 06:40 AM, said:

So I'm mostly going to copy and paste my comment in the Cowboys thread: I don't know how -- at home, mind you! -- that Chiefs offense can only score 13 points.  
Dropped passes, fumbles, penalties.  Add to that poor run defense and it adds up to a loss.

Sponsored Post

#782 78jazz

78jazz

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:37 AM

Nova, given how tenuous KC has been this year I expect more. Probably 9-7 or 10-6 (and the Raiders may win the division if they keep it up).

#783 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:12 PM

9-7 or 10-6 would have to be considered a huge disappointment after last year and the start to this season. They've hit the skids a bit, but surely they'll cruise the regular season; the real test will come in the playoffs.

If the Raiders win that division, I'll eat my head.

#784 78jazz

78jazz

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 05:47 PM

Pics or it didn't happen!

I don't disagree that some view my prediction as a big drop. In what I have seen, they are a tenuous team. In order for the Raiders to pull it off, they will need help from the Chiefs in terms of tanking. I think Denver is in the basement and the Chargers are playing even sloppier football than the Chiefs.

Some of the tears here in town did taste delicious this morning...

#785 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 07:23 PM

#786 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 34397 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:40 AM

KFC AND KC CAN LICK MY WHITE ASS!!  LOL!!!

GO RAIDERS!!!!

"LIFE IN LONDON"

Signed,

Pat Travers

#787 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:34 AM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 08 October 2019 - 03:40 AM, said:

GO RAIDERS!!!!

So, Earl, you gonna stay with the Raiders when they up sticks and head for their residency in Las Vegas? If you want a new team, the Chiefs promise to be exciting for years to come! Loyal to their long-time city and fans, and with none of that annoying corporate dysfunction!

#788 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 68497 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:19 PM

A battle so far, as the Chiefs continue to struggle with poorly-time penalties and Mahomes' recurring ankle injury.  The latter has to be in the minds of opposing defenders as they go after him...bump the ankle.

#789 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 68497 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:33 PM

Wait...you get a drive-ending endzone pick with 40 seconds on the clock before the half, and you run a pass play from your own 20?

QB is hit for a fumble...Texans recover and score on the next play.  A one point lead is now a six point deficit.

Things are getting Miami stupid in KC.

#790 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:11 PM

Without acknowledging that 78jazz may be right (ahem), there are some troubling signs for the Chiefs. I think Mahomes may be smelling himself and believing some of his slurpy press -- if he's playing on a bum ankle, there's no way he should be forcing some of those throws off one leg.

And -- beyond penalties galore -- is this defense so bad? Even improving six spots from last year would have been an improvement, but they're basically where they were before the new coordinator, etc.

Yeesh.

#791 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 79765 posts
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted Yesterday, 04:12 PM

View Postgoose, on 13 October 2019 - 01:33 PM, said:

Wait...you get a drive-ending endzone pick with 40 seconds on the clock before the half, and you run a pass play from your own 20?

QB is hit for a fumble...Texans recover and score on the next play.  A one point lead is now a six point deficit.

Things are getting Miami stupid in KC.
Not even close.   Did you see that clusterfuck of a call on that 2 of conversion in Miami?  I'd be surprised if there weren't significant conversations in the league offices of stripping the pick after that shit.

Edited by laughedatbytime, Yesterday, 04:12 PM.

#792 78jazz

78jazz

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:14 PM

View PostNova Carmina, on 13 October 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

Without acknowledging that 78jazz may be right (ahem), there are some troubling signs for the Chiefs. I think Mahomes may be smelling himself and believing some of his slurpy press -- if he's playing on a bum ankle, there's no way he should be forcing some of those throws off one leg.

And -- beyond penalties galore -- is this defense so bad? Even improving six spots from last year would have been an improvement, but they're basically where they were before the new coordinator, etc.

Yeesh.

I don't know if I think Mahomes believes his own hype, but rather he still hasn't quite figured out when to throw the ball away and to learn that not every pass has to be a bomb (23rd for TDs in the red zone may be a reflection of this).

I stick to my guns: 9-7 or 10-6. I may be wrong, but unless something changes fast, goodbye 13-3/12-4.

(If they lose Thursday, then I would say they are REALLY in trouble.)

Also Nova, I am going to get out my discs to get you that last goodie you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users