Power Metal Thread

Mr. Not

May The DragonFarce Be With You!

People who hate the new Star Wars trailer would probably dig this shit poser band.

I hate Star Wars and Dragonforce.

Through the fire and the flames is a guilty pleasure of mine tho

I disliked Dragonforce for the longest time but I guess it was a bandwagon sort of thing... That paired with how popular they were and how they're definitely not among the best power metal bands nor should they be a main representative of the genre, but oh well.

Also, Frederic possesses an outstanding mane:

http://puu.sh/ddwxb.gif

People who hate the new Star Wars trailer would probably dig this shit poser band.

I hate Star Wars

http://i.imgur.com/VCRUcEt.gif

Well, it's better than pretending to like it I guess... Though, he could be forcibly disliking it...

I hate Star Wars

http://i.imgur.com/VCRUcEt.gif

Well, it's better than pretending to like it I guess... Though, he could be forcibly disliking it...

Nope. It has its fans, glad they love it.

I have tried.

Left me wanting.

Secret Garden was released today in Japan... All I can say is: F*CK! GOD F*CKING DAMMIT.

this album would be so good if it weren't for the title track having Simone Simmons on lead vocals... Angra has betrayed me. I do not want this Epica sh*t! Considering just deleting the song from the album and pretending as if it doesn't exist like I do with Rush's Tai Shan / High Water.

"Crushing Room" features Doro Pesch, another female vocalist, but that track is 100% okay with me.

So what'd you guys make of Beyond the Red Mirror? I think it's probably one of Blind Guardian's very best

^ I forgot about it, I'll have to listen to it ASAP. As I said after getting the "Twilight of the Gods" single, if the rest of the album is even as close to as quality as that song then it's going to be one of their best albums up there with Twilight, Imaginations, and Nightfall.

Edited by Mr. Not

So what'd you guys make of Beyond the Red Mirror? I think it's probably one of Blind Guardian's very best

^ I forgot about it, I'll have to listen to it ASAP. As I said after getting the "Twilight of the Gods" single, if the rest of the album is even as close to as quality as that song then it's going to be one of their best albums up there with Twilight, Imaginations, and Nightfall.

Many Blind Guardian fans say Twilight is the worst song on the album if that's any indication. Though I really like that song.

As I said, Blind Guardian can't make a bad album. No one ever taught them how to make a miserable dud.

Like with their previous album "At the Edge of Time", I'm not a fan of the introductory epic track. Their only epic in my eyes is "And Then There Was Silence"... I will say that though, after just one listen, The Ninth Wave is certainly better than Sacred Worlds.

• Like 1

As I said, Blind Guardian can't make a bad album. No one ever taught them how to make a miserable dud.

Like with their previous album "At the Edge of Time", I'm not a fan of the introductory epic track. Their only epic in my eyes is "And Then There Was Silence"... I will say that though, after just one listen, The Ninth Wave is certainly better than Sacred Worlds.

What do you think of Gran Parade?

Great, I didn't notice it was an epic the first listen-through since it was without viewing whatever track it was I was on.

Great, I didn't notice it was an epic the first listen-through since it was without viewing whatever track it was I was on.

I find myself listening to this album as a whole opera more and more, without paying attention to single songs. As a matter of fact, I still haven't learned the titles of the songs!

I have to say anyway that the bonus track DIstant Memories should have been a single, not a bonus track!