Power Metal Thread

Mr. Not

yeah stratovarius has grown off of me a bit, I've been relistening to their discography and they've just been kinda annoying me

Are we all Power Metal Brothers? I absolutely love Stratovarious. I have all of their cds. Well I bought the new double live cd and I absolutely hated it! Total crap. Bad production. Boring songs.

Shit am I getting too hold for METAL?

No!! I am cranking the Laaz Rockit album "Left For Dead." Excellent!

yeah stratovarius has grown off of me a bit, I've been relistening to their discography and they've just been kinda annoying me

Are we all Power Metal Brothers? I absolutely love Stratovarious. I have all of their cds. Well I bought the new double live cd and I absolutely hated it! Total crap. Bad production. Boring songs.

You'll be METAL till you die Earl!

:haz:

FOREVER MY METAL BROTHER!

Are you guys going off of unbreakable for stratovarius? Or is the album out?

I loved Polaris / Elysium more than anything else they've done :haz:

the singles on Polaris was great, the single on Elysium? Good, but not technical enough. I'm assuming that's the same situation for unbreakable.

the singles on Polaris was great, the single on Elysium? Good, but not technical enough. I'm assuming that's the same situation for unbreakable.

Hey! I love Polaris!

It's their new double live album that I can't stand!

Burning Winter Skies!

Great title. Shitty live album!

"Unbreakable" is the new Stratovarious album?

Well if its anything like that piece of shit Scorpions album then I will not buy it!

FOREVER MY METAL BROTHER!

:NP: :blaze: :NP: :blaze: :NP: :blaze: :NP: :blaze: :NP:

http://youtu.be/r81qJg_Ss9I

Hey! I love Polaris!

It's their new double live album that I can't stand!

Burning Winter Skies!

Great title. Shitty live album!

"Unbreakable" is the new Stratovarious album?

Well if its anything like that piece of shit Scorpions album then I will not buy it!

Oh, I've watched that DVD multiple times. I've got to disagree with you big time here!

I really like Matias Kupiainen's guitar variances in songs too, namely In deep unknown and eagleheart he mixes up some riffs and just makes them great.

laaz rockit kicks ass and I'll take them over stratovarius any day

Have you ever heard of the band called OZ?

Their first album is called "Fire In The Brain."

It is Epic Old Skool Metal!!!!'

You must get it!

I have not, I must check it out

What Tony Kakko is up to these days.

http://youtu.be/FZ3ZNw3jXZ4

Sonata Arctica...great band. I've been listening to them quite a lot for the past 3 months after being away from them for awhile. I saw them on opening night of their US tour with support acts Arsis and Yonder Realm last December. It was a fantastic show, and I had a bigger appreciation for the songs off Stones Grow Her Name after hearing those songs, especially Cinderblox. Don't quite understand the hate for their newer direction. It isn't Ecliptica or Silence, but I still think it's great nevertheless, although out of their last three efforts, I still enjoyed Unia the most.

• Like 1

Ecliptica has a few good songs on it.. I'll take Full Moon, Blank File, My Land, Replica... But the rest? Ehh.. Not so good production either.

I miss Jani, but Tony is indeed the heart of Sonata, and Elias does a good enough job in filling the hole. Weird new direction, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

If I had to rank the albums...

1. Winterheart's Guild

2. Silence

3. Reckoning Night

4. Unia

5 Days of Grays

6. Stones Grow Her Name

7. Ecliptica

they're all good albums, the top 4 near perfect, #1 likely perfect.

Ecliptica has a few good songs on it.. I'll take Full Moon, Blank File, My Land, Replica... But the rest? Ehh.. Not so good production either.

I miss Jani, but Tony is indeed the heart of Sonata, and Elias does a good enough job in filling the hole. Weird new direction, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Strange, I was under the impression that most Sonata fans still considered Ecliptica to be their best album but to each their own. Personally, I thought it was a pretty strong debut album. Production isn't great, but I thought there were a decent amount of great songs on that album. I only like the first 7 songs off Ecliptica. Tony himself thinks Ecliptica sounds outdated. I think he might only be referring to the lyrics to Blank File, but I think in another interview he mentioned Ecliptica as whole sounds outdated, and to be honest he does have a point. As much as I like Kingdom For A Heart, to me it sounds like a cheesy 90s guitar oriented video game soundtrack.

I like both Jani and Elias, but there's something about Elias' live tone that I find...a hit or miss. In the studio, he does his part nicely, but when it comes to playing live, with some songs his guitar tone sounds great, others sound weird. On Live in Finland, I thought his tone on the newer songs sounded great, but then when it came to Caleb and Don't Say A Word, it sounded too choppy or low in the mix IMO. When I saw Sonata live, this was also the case.

Face me evil bastards, smell the hate of angels

Glory, pride and bloodshed

Cowards and beholders, rapers of my wisdom

mix of dust and bones

Go back to your abyss, Algalord will not fall

but your heads will soon roll

Taste the blade of heroes, fury of the thunder

hit my golden shield

So we'll fight against the wind for the glory of the kings

to defeat the evil enemies

And we'll ride with our lord for the power and the throne

in the name of holy thunderforce

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxGu5HjarmU&feature=share&list=LL-m81COPp112Q4LyFAHOyvA