The Moody Blues

waluigithewalrus

I haven't heard a lot of people talk about them on here, so I was wondering how many people here listen to The Moody Blues?

These guys have to fall in as my second favorite band. I love their experimentation with orchestras on "Days of Future Passed" in particular, and many songs are masterpieces. They're one of the few bands outside of Rush that I like nearly every song by. I can't wait to get to see them in concert in a few weeks :drool:

• Like 1

They get mentioned here and there. I know Goobs is a big fan. I owned DoFP on vinyl way back, haven't heard in a long time, now I want to.

Your sig pic is making me giddy :wacko:

I edited it a little bit. Ron Swanson going in circles got a bit stale after a while.

I really need to listen to more of their music.I have Days of Future Past and On The Threshold of a Dream. They're both great albums and I'd see them live if I had the chance.

I need to get Threshold of a Dream. I haven't heard much off of. As for concerts, their currently touring. I feel lucky that I get to see them when they come down to Baltimore in a few weeks.

They get mentioned here and there. I know Goobs is a big fan. I owned DoFP on vinyl way back, haven't heard in a long time, now I want to.

I edited it a little bit. Ron Swanson going in circles got a bit stale after a while.

I really need to listen to more of their music.I have Days of Future Past and On The Threshold of a Dream. They're both great albums and I'd see them live if I had the chance.

I need to get Threshold of a Dream. I haven't heard much off of. As for concerts, their currently touring. I feel lucky that I get to see them when they come down to Baltimore in a few weeks.

I love the Moodies!!! I have most of their recorded output and live material, including a few Decca rarities. You can't go wrong from Days to Seventh Sojourn. It gets patchy after that. Still fun live, saw them in Liverpool in 2010, great fun. Going to Brighton next year.

• Like 1

big fan here. i have all or most of their vinyl from the beginning up to about '83 or so, some of them more than one and also a few best of's. I used to like "Days Of Future Passed' the best but lately I can't pick a worst or best out of their first 5 or 6 releases. I love Lost Chord, it is the epitome of the phsychadelic era record.
  • Like 1

You didnt need to do that, just I hate getting giddy :ph34r: I found out the same with any animated avys, never lasts long :no:

Thanks for the Moody's reminder! :hail:

You didnt need to do that, just I hate getting giddy :ph34r: I found out the same with any animated avys, never lasts long :no:

Thanks for the Moody's reminder! :hail:

the pic was getting old. I'll probably replace it at some point when I get my computer to load Señor gif or some site like that. Canadian police chase is staying, though.

Also, you're welcome :d13:

I like 'em.

I have Days of Future Passed on vinyl and listen to them a bunch on Grooveshark and from the greatest hits CD we own.

I have to say, although they are most well-known in prog-land for the early 70s/late 60s stuff, the 80s stuff is awesome! (at least the greatest hits) :haz:

Too bad they aren't coming anywhere near me this tour :( :(

• Like 1

Moody Blues are fantastic, listen to them when I want to be more mellow but their lyrics make you think a lot. Agree with you about Lost Chord Bastille Dave, best track is Legend of a mind... :7up:
  • Like 1

Any more Moodies fans here?

I would think Rush fans, more than any other group, would appreciate them more, especially their first seven albums. They were doing concept albums before most bands.

I have On The Threshold Of A Dream, and its marvellous! I have been meaning to delve into them for years.

• Like 1

I would think Rush fans, more than any other group, would appreciate them more, especially their first seven albums. They were doing concept albums before most bands.

I have On The Threshold Of A Dream, and its marvellous! I have been meaning to delve into them for years.

Maybe when Mick goes on vacation, you will find yourself twiddling your thumbs and have the time to look into their other earlier albums. :LOL: ;)

• Like 1

Maybe when Mick goes on vacation, you will find yourself twiddling your thumbs and have the time to look into their other earlier albums. :LOL: ;)

Maybe! I am going to see if I can find them on Spotify. Let's make this thread come alive!

• Like 1

Days Of Future Passed is on Spotify.

It's playing!

• Like 1

It's very unusual! I thought I'd heard it all but this is...like an amazing movie soundtrack, plus audiobook, plus vivid dream.

It's gonna take a few listens to really click but its beautifully done!

• Like 2

Pip Williams, who produced Long Distance Voyager and The Present, is also the conductor of the orchestras for Nightwish!

What a small world!!!

Lorraine, this whole time our fave bands had a big link and we never knew!

It's very unusual! I thought I'd heard it all but this is...like an amazing movie soundtrack, plus audiobook, plus vivid dream.

The album would have been perfect had Peak Hour been eliminated.

You had to be there in the late sixties to know how different this album was from what we were used to hearing and listening to.

• Like 2

Pip Williams, who produced Long Distance Voyager and The Present, is also the conductor of the orchestras for Nightwish!

What a small world!!!

I thought Toto and Bruce were your two favorites. :unsure:

• Like 1

The album would have been perfect had Peak Hour been eliminated.

You had to be there in the late sixties to know how different this album was from what we were used to hearing and listening to.

I am already astounded listening to this, as it sounds like nothing I have ever heard from any decade!

It's very cinematic I am blown away! It's full of...life. I didn't expect all this orchestra. I am not really piecing together all the songs, I just hear the lush sounds and WHOAH! Beautiful... I actually like Peak Hour, but it sort of got in the way of all the prettiness!

• Like 1

What a small world!!!

Both top five!

Lacuna Coil

Nightwish

Within Temptation

Bruce Springsteen

Toto

And Rush are just outside of that!

But anyway...MOODIES!

I love Justin Haywards voice so much, he was part of Jeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The World's. One of my favourite albums ever!

• Like 1

Lorraine, Sixties music on the whole is very alien to me. I find it to be a decade of the most unusual sounds and I am blown away in a very different way I am sure to those who heard it back then, but even today, a certain sense of wonder takes over me.

I always enjoy your recommendations! The last one was Tim Buckley. I bet it was amazing back then...I have decades of rock to listen too, but when this was new...it must have been awe inspiring!

• Like 2

What a small world!!!

Both top five!

Lacuna Coil

Nightwish

Within Temptation

Bruce Springsteen

Toto

And Rush are just outside of that!

But anyway...MOODIES!

I love Justin Haywards voice so much, he was part of Jeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The World's. One of my favourite albums ever!

Forever Autumn - my song. I hope they play it at my funeral.

• Like 1