#21 WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER

WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1825 posts
  • Interests:Mountain biking, kayaking, roller hockey
    Bass guitar, Keys and Drums

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:16 PM

I'm driving up from San Diego. I am curious, is alcohol legal in the parking lot? I was there for Snakes and I believe there were signs saying, NO ALCOHOL. Didn't stop us but I wanted to know if I need to go into stealth mode with the beers.  trink38.gif  

Sponsored Post

#22 The Spirit of Radio

The Spirit of Radio

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:17 AM

I'll be there, my first rush show ever!!
smile.gif

#23 Brizel

Brizel

The Seeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  • Interests:Shooting any type of gun. (Targets that is) :)

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

If i get the cash flow this will be my second R\ 2.gif  show!!! My first being 2 days before in LA haha.  653.gif  

#24 Midway Hawker

Midway Hawker

The Great Cornholio

• 5096 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Poker, Golf, Basketball, and Sarcasm

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ Jun 5 2010, 12:16 PM)
I'm driving up from San Diego. I am curious, is alcohol legal in the parking lot? I was there for Snakes and I believe there were signs saying, NO ALCOHOL. Didn't stop us but I wanted to know if I need to go into stealth mode with the beers.  trink38.gif

Irvine parking lot sucks.  Stealth mode for sure, but be careful.  My last two visits there, I saw several folks get DUIs for sitting in their car with an open container (and of course they missed the show).  We were drinking beer from plastic cups and they made us pour it out.  And these are real cops, Irvine police in full garb..  and they are everywhere.  

doh.gif  

#25 shaun3701

shaun3701

The Professor

• Members
  • 3375 posts
  • Interests:some unknown Canadian band

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:47 PM

I finally got tickets, but they're WAY back in Terrace 9, on the right side. I'm stoked to be going to the show, but these are the worst seats I've ever had at this venue. Am I going to be able to see anything from back there?

#26 Mystic Slipperman

Mystic Slipperman

From Genesis to Armageddon

• Members
  • 3139 posts
  • Interests:Playing and writing music.

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:44 PM

Yeah, you'll see. but it is far back.

We're going too, but we're waiting until day of show to buy.  Money is tight!  Don't know where we'll wind up.

#27 WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER

WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1825 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:47 PM

Hello RUSH fan-antics, Does anyone know if digital cameras (not cell phone) are allowed in Irvine Amp.  

#28 different strings

different strings

Australia's #1 Rush Fan

• Members
  • 9053 posts
  • Interests:DRUMS, SURFING AND LISTENING TO RUSH. I would LOVE TO HEAR FROM ALL YOU RUSH FANS send me a PM or talk in chat. If anyone is coming to Australia one day let me know as I would love to meet you. I live in Sydney which is on the East Coast at a place on the fabulous Northern Beaches - great people, great surf and a fantastic city.

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:55 AM

smile.gif I was wondering this very same thing WAW.

#29 okiimatsu

okiimatsu

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:44 PM

The tickets for Irvine state 'NO RECORDERS/VIDEO'. So that answers that question.

#30 LeaveMyThingAlone

LeaveMyThingAlone

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3091 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:23 PM

My experience with Irvine security in the past hasn't been good, in that they are all over cameras, cell phones, and alcohol in the parking lot.

Great venue, great acoustics, beautiful setting...but the security is way too enthusiastic here....

So the answer is no Digital Cameras, and they watch you like a hawk

Edited by LeaveMyThingAlone, 25 July 2010 - 06:23 PM.

#31 TullSkull

TullSkull

Minstrel of the Cannibus

• Members
  • 6948 posts
  • Interests:Good Ol' Rock n Roll and Skiing

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Jul 7 2010, 04:52 PM)
I'm driving up from San Diego. I am curious, is alcohol legal in the parking lot? I was there for Snakes and I believe there were signs saying, NO ALCOHOL. Didn't stop us but I wanted to know if I need to go into stealth mode with the beers.  trink38.gif

Irvine parking lot sucks.  Stealth mode for sure, but be careful.  My last two visits there, I saw several folks get DUIs for sitting in their car with an open container (and of course they missed the show).  We were drinking beer from plastic cups and they made us pour it out.  And these are real cops, Irvine police in full garb..  and they are everywhere.  

doh.gif

That is just WRONG. It's like they act like it is illegal.  Oh wait it is so you can pay $9 for a beer inside and the city gets some revenue. That's WRONG!!

#32 WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER

WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1825 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Jul 25 2010, 06:50 PM)
QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Jul 7 2010, 04:52 PM)

doh.gif

That is just WRONG. It's like they act like it is illegal.  Oh wait it is so you can pay $9 for a beer inside and the city gets some revenue. That's WRONG!!

I don't think I will risk drinking in the parking lot. If my memory serves me well, on the last tour (Snakes) the cops were all over the place and giving the drinkers a hard time.

My hotel is only 1.7 miles away, I'll take a taxi or walk (with an adult beverage) and won't be stressed out about illegally drinking in the parking lot.

I'll get to the venue early and have a couple high dollar drinks in my seats.

A 2 mile walk back to the hotel, after a RUSH show, half drunk, is gravy.

#33 different strings

different strings

Australia's #1 Rush Fan

• Members
  • 9053 posts
  • Interests:DRUMS, SURFING AND LISTENING TO RUSH. I would LOVE TO HEAR FROM ALL YOU RUSH FANS send me a PM or talk in chat. If anyone is coming to Australia one day let me know as I would love to meet you. I live in Sydney which is on the East Coast at a place on the fabulous Northern Beaches - great people, great surf and a fantastic city.

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:16 AM

smile.gif it's just over two weeks for this show and I am pumped coming all the way from Australia and seeing the show from the second row. I will probably be taking my camera and will just see what happens. I am looking forward to meeting RUSHGODDESS who will be driving up from San Diego and will be my "OTHER HALF' for the night. 2.gif  trink39.gif  

#34 TullSkull

TullSkull

Minstrel of the Cannibus

• Members
  • 6948 posts
  • Interests:Good Ol' Rock n Roll and Skiing

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (different strings @ Jul 28 2010, 05:16 AM)
smile.gif it's just over two weeks for this show and I am pumped coming all the way from Australia and seeing the show from the second row. I will probably be taking my camera and will just see what happens. I am looking forward to meeting RUSHGODDESS who will be driving up from San Diego and will be my "OTHER HALF' for the night. 2.gif  trink39.gif

COOL  653.gif  1022.gif  trink39.gif  

#35 daveyt

daveyt

Non Sequitur

• Members *
  • 8219 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:17 AM

the only safe time u can drink in the parking lot is when the OC cops are ransacking someone's car. you can pound for like 30 minutes when they do that.

#36 Mystic Slipperman

Mystic Slipperman

From Genesis to Armageddon

• Members
  • 3139 posts
  • Interests:Playing and writing music.

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:17 PM

If anyone winds up with extra tix for sale, please message me here.  

We're going to get tix day of show, but if one of you has good seats for sale I'd rather help out a fellow fan by buying them.  

#37 WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER

WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1825 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:31 AM

10 day countdown!!! 1022.gif

2.gif  653.gif  

#38 WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER

WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1825 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

5 more days......then..... 2.gif

Road trip....  RUSH on Friday.....Hollywood on Saturday....Venice Beach on Sunday

Reality on Monday....

#39 WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER

WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1825 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:44 AM

IRVINE....BABY!!!!

It's not Vegas...but close enough for me.

4 more days!!!!!!!!!!!     653.gif  

#40 LeaveMyThingAlone

LeaveMyThingAlone

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3091 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:54 PM

I'm there! Can't wait...

Can I recommend Santa Monica instead of Venice Beach? Venice Beach isn't what it used to be....lot of drug addicts and scummy people.....and not much to see

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users