• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yellowknife NWT Canada,

Light snow

-14C

Wind: SE 18 km/h

Windchill: -22C

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Nov 28 2011, 11:57 PM)
QUOTE (Yooper @ Nov 28 2011, 10:45 PM)
I'll admit I didn't read this whole thread and my answer is probably in there somewhere, but here goes.  What is your favorite/most accurate weather site?  I've been using Intellicast lately and it seems to have some good information on it.

I usually just walk outside and try to predict it myself. I'm actually right a surprising percentage of the time.

yeah, down here we only have two things: summer thunderstorms and cold fronts. From May to October we have the same forecast every day: hot and muggy with humidity of over 80% and a 50%+ chance of afternoon thunderstorms depending on if the wind is from the east or west.

One of the driest winters here in the Bay Area

We had about 3 days of decent rain, the rest of the days have been mucky skied messes - the potential rain evaporates before hitting the ground.

Groundhog Day tomorrow, so we're back to hot dry weather as we hit spring! (oh wait, we never got a winter)

f***ing insane. The world is coming to a near end yes.gif

inb42012

More than a month's rain is expected to fall over just two days in parts of the UK this week.

A severe weather warning has been issued by the Met Office, with fears of flooding and disruption on Friday and Saturday. Central and northern England is expected to be worst affected, with an amber alert - the second most severe category that can be given - in place for north-east England.

Up to 100mm (3.9 inches) of rain could fall in 36 hours during the downpours. The average UK rainfall for July is 69.9mm (2.8 inches), and 64.4mm (2.5 inches) for the north of England.

Met Office chief forecaster Martin Young said: "We are expecting outbreaks of heavy rain across a wide area of the UK, with worst affected spots likely to be in central and northern parts of the country.

scared.gif

Edited by Your_Lion

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jul 6 2012, 11:20 AM)
More than a month's rain is expected to fall over just two days in parts of the UK this week.

A severe weather warning has been issued by the Met Office, with fears of flooding and disruption on Friday and Saturday. Central and northern England is expected to be worst affected, with an amber alert - the second most severe category that can be given - in place for north-east England.

Up to 100mm (3.9 inches) of rain could fall in 36 hours during the downpours. The average UK rainfall for July is 69.9mm (2.8 inches), and 64.4mm (2.5 inches) for the north of England.

Met Office chief forecaster Martin Young said: "We are expecting outbreaks of heavy rain across a wide area of the UK, with worst affected spots likely to be in central and northern parts of the country.

scared.gif

Well, it certainly hasn't stopped raining since last night, with occasional bursts of thunder.

Ridiculous

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Jul 6 2012, 07:15 PM)
We had a real heavy, albeit quick storm roll through yesterday afternoon, and there were multiple transformer explosions like this all over town. Large parts of the city are still without power. I'm safe though smile.gif

Yeesh! Looks like we're all getting it pretty bad