user posted image

Sponsored Post

#42 Drumnut

Drumnut

Bill Gates

• Members *
  • 18341 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 01:22 AM

Edited by RR 4/22/06:  Kinda tasteless, don't you think Drum?  Put it in politics or Random Samples next time.

Edited by RushRevisited, 21 April 2006 - 11:41 PM.

#43 sundog

sundog

Million Dollar Smile

• Members *
  • 11485 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 06:11 AM

ohmy.gif rose.gif heart.gif rose.gif

Carol. I'm so sorry!  I know that you're a very strong woman, and you will get through this.  Know that the fact that it was caught early is in your favour.  Pags and Daylin were right.  

Visualize the life you want, happy, healthy, filled with loving friends and family.  You have to see it in you head every day.  It will follow.  You will see.  Visualize what you want EVERYDAY and it will come.

#44 blonde77th

blonde77th

Angel watching over us

• Members *
  • 42993 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:09 PM

Thanks .i have been told i need to get the angry part but after this is just the 1st day i think shock is what i am in now .i am a strong woman...my lifes proves that  trink38.gif i need a drink &  cool10.gif lol.....i know i will get to the strong part again i guess it just takes a bit to get there ....i just told my brother thats no easy thing ,but am worried about telling my Dad who won't be home from Florida till May 5th ,i don't want to tell him till he comes home and gets settled being 81 & not in greatest health i am praying the surgery might be over by the time he gets home that would be easier but am awaiting to hear what my brother will say ,i want to say a Big ty to Chaotica who is my rock & hand holding me through this as her hubby will too along with the rest of my family & friends and you guys in here ....i really Thank All of you for your prayers and wisdom and i pray that i still will have it through this you have no idea how wonderful i think you guys are  yes.gif need a Boobie Dobbie  cool10.gif  new name i call them now  ohmy.gif  biggrin.gif

user posted image

#45 chaotica

chaotica

T-I-Double Guh-Errr

• Members
  • 7278 posts
  • Interests:my family and friends, spending time having fun, camping with family and friends

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:41 PM

If I am your rock does this mean I can drop the rock on your foot to take the pain away from the boob? rofl3.gif

This being your first day... you are taking it well ...that is what shows you how strong you are and when you are ready I will help you through whatever stage you need to go through... I can drop that rock if it will help... hehehe ... course I would have to get inline  rofl3.gif

you know I am there for you at any time of day...

love you
missy

#46 blonde77th

blonde77th

Angel watching over us

• Members *
  • 42993 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 09:43 PM

user posted image

The way  i feel right now  pest i probably would not feel that rock  cool10.gif

Edited by blonde77th, 20 April 2006 - 09:44 PM.

#47 RushRevisited

RushRevisited

The Hailing Administrator

• Admin
  • 21838 posts
  • Interests:My Family, Music, Golf, Astronomy

Posted 21 April 2006 - 11:43 PM

God, b77, I just heard about this, I am so sorry.

You will indeed beat this and you'll be in my prayers daily on this.

#48 sullysue

sullysue

Arriving Somewhere...

• Members *
  • 16035 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Apr 20 2006, 08:09 PM)
Thanks .i have been told i need to get the angry part but after this is just the 1st day i think shock is what i am in now .i am a strong woman...my lifes proves that  trink38.gif i need a drink &  cool10.gif lol.....i know i will get to the strong part again i guess it just takes a bit to get there ....i just told my brother thats no easy thing ,but am worried about telling my Dad who won't be home from Florida till May 5th ,i don't want to tell him till he comes home and gets settled being 81 & not in greatest health i am praying the surgery might be over by the time he gets home that would be easier but am awaiting to hear what my brother will say ,i want to say a Big ty to Chaotica who is my rock & hand holding me through this as her hubby will too along with the rest of my family & friends and you guys in here ....i really Thank All of you for your prayers and wisdom and i pray that i still will have it through this you have no idea how wonderful i think you guys are  yes.gif need a Boobie Dobbie  cool10.gif  new name i call them now  ohmy.gif  biggrin.gif

user posted image

I'm so sorry! I just read this, and I hope for the best outcome for you, blondie!!!!

Here's to you, the universal NWW (New World Women) cure-all:

cosmo.gif  cosmo.gif  cosmo.gif  cosmo.gif  cosmo.gif

And lots and lots of love from your TRF sistahs!

heart.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif

smile.gif sullysue

#49 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21936 posts
  • Interests:It was what I was born for —
    to look, to listen,

to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 22 April 2006 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 22 2006, 01:09 AM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ Apr 20 2006, 08:09 PM)
Thanks .i have been told i need to get the angry part but after this is just the 1st day i think shock is what i am in now .i am a strong woman...my lifes proves that  trink38.gif i need a drink &  cool10.gif lol.....i know i will get to the strong part again i guess it just takes a bit to get there ....i just told my brother thats no easy thing ,but am worried about telling my Dad who won't be home from Florida till May 5th ,i don't want to tell him till he comes home and gets settled being 81 & not in greatest health i am praying the surgery might be over by the time he gets home that would be easier but am awaiting to hear what my brother will say ,i want to say a Big ty to Chaotica who is my rock & hand holding me through this as her hubby will too along with the rest of my family & friends and you guys in here ....i really Thank All of you for your prayers and wisdom and i pray that i still will have it through this you have no idea how wonderful i think you guys are  yes.gif need a Boobie Dobbie  cool10.gif  new name i call them now  ohmy.gif  biggrin.gif

user posted image

I'm so sorry! I just read this, and I hope for the best outcome for you, blondie!!!!

Here's to you, the universal NWW (New World Women) cure-all:

cosmo.gif  cosmo.gif  cosmo.gif  cosmo.gif  cosmo.gif

And lots and lots of love from your TRF sistahs!

heart.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif

smile.gif sullysue

Amen to that, sully.

I want to add my thoughts and good wishes, b77.  My mom beat this, and I know you will, too.

heart.gif

#50 chaotica

chaotica

T-I-Double Guh-Errr

• Members
  • 7278 posts
  • Interests:my family and friends, spending time having fun, camping with family and friends

Posted 22 April 2006 - 09:57 AM

I realized I should have opened a new thread for this news so everyone would know beathorse.gif  but i knew you all would come through for Carol and I appreciate all that you all have done for her  wub.gif ....

It brings tears to my eyes to know that the support she needs is here for her.... I will update when she can not and let you all know how she is recuperating after her surgery  wink.gif

SHE WILL BEAT THIS and we will be there for through all the steps and my prayers are with her rose.gif

heart.gif
Missy

#51 blonde77th

blonde77th

Angel watching over us

• Members *
  • 42993 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:11 PM

Hi all  bekloppt.gif Just thought i would keep you updated so here it is ...I go to see the surgeon this Friday 11am. i kinda am looking forward to getting this Tumor out any pain i go through will be worth getting this out of my body ....the surgeon is the Chief of Surgery at the hospital so thats makes me feel like ...ok he must be good i hear even his bedside manner is awesome ....so i figure by the time i leave there i will know when he is going to operate ......i am nervous ,scared and everything inbetween on what i will go through after surgery But 1 day @ atime .....haven't had a good night sleep since i found out but i guess that is normal .......invasion is what this tumor is and i want it gone now .....sry for babbling but ty for the ears Prayers and all  yes.gif  bekloppt.gif  

#52 Rolinda Bonz

Rolinda Bonz

Land Obi Zorn

• Members *
  • 10868 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:32 PM

user posted image  I dunno what to say, but I've been thinking about you all week.  rose.gif user posted image  

#53 blonde77th

blonde77th

Angel watching over us

• Members *
  • 42993 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:59 PM

Rolinda Thanks for caring and To All i thank you !! yes.gif  martini_shaken.gif wishes this was the cure i bet it would be easier  wink.gif  

#54 blonde77th

blonde77th

Angel watching over us

• Members *
  • 42993 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:57 AM

yes.gif Well God Bless my Brother he is going to tell my Dad on their Drive home from Florida on Monday so by the time he gets here on Wed. he should be calmed down a bit i hope  unsure.gif at least he will have all the facts by then ....No matter how old you are telling your parents is still the hardest !!

#55 madra sneachta

madra sneachta

Dirk Gently

• Members *
  • 7372 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Apr 25 2006, 05:11 AM)
invasion is what this tumor is and i want it gone now .....

That's the spirit Carol.

Sorry I haven't been in recently, but I've been away for a week, and neither my parents nor my in-laws have computers, never mind internet connections!!!!.

You're in my thoughts and prayers, but I think you've already grasped the most important thing. This is an invader and getting it out is the priority. Whatever secondary impact the surgery has on our bodies, and however hard it is to come to terms with it, getting read of those cancer cells is vital.

In hope the surgery goes well, and the histology is positive.

rose.gif    rose.gif  rose.gif  rose.gif  

#56 Rolinda Bonz

Rolinda Bonz

Land Obi Zorn

• Members *
  • 10868 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Apr 25 2006, 08:12 AM)
This is an invader and getting it out is the priority. Whatever secondary impact the surgery has on our bodies, and however hard it is to come to terms with it, getting read of those cancer cells is vital.

yes.gif  

I was an awful teenager.    sad.gif   I was about 13 when my mom had to deal with (what I realize NOW was) a very difficult decision.  After having had one lump removed, the breast cancer had returned.  While it was up to her whether to have a masectomy or not, I couldn't understand her hesitation.  "Lose it, Mom!"  (I die a thousand deaths every time I think about it.  What an ass, I was.)  My mom was shocked at my attitude.  I'm not sure I ever shared my fears with her.  I remember wondering how in the world she would care about breasts when her very life was in danger, and I was pissed that it was even a question in her mind.

She told me a few days later that she had decided to have the masectomy but gave me the raised eyebrow for having been so brassy about it.   doh.gif  She said I was right, that it wasn't worth the risk of not having it since this was Round 2.  Besides, it was just a boob anyway.  She said if she had to choose a body part to lose, a breast would be it.  She would not rather lose a hand, or a leg, (or an eye, Madra  sad.gif  rose.gif ) or a lung or even a butt-cheek (since she sits on that.)  But a boob?  confused13.gif   She had already breast-fed nine (9) kids and was still happily married.  (She and Daddy had a running joke that whoever filed for divorce had to take the children.   laugh.gif  )

The masectomy cured her for good.  She will be 73 this year  wub.gif  still happily married.  wink.gif  

#57 blonde77th

blonde77th

Angel watching over us

• Members *
  • 42993 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:45 AM

Rolinda was not your fault you were young and didn't know better, i have a son who is 38 and he dosen't understand why i am so shook up he says is just a tumor Mom whats the big deal  doh.gif no matter how i explain it to him he just don't see the serious side of it .......don't beat yourself up Rolinda at least you were young and didn't know better & am so happy your Mom is still with you !! heart.gif  rose.gif  

#58 chaotica

chaotica

T-I-Double Guh-Errr

• Members
  • 7278 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 07:24 AM

Hang in there Carol your appt with the surgen is tomarrow

I know you are so strong and you will make it through this and you will laugh on the other side of all this yes.gif

You are one of these women that nothing keeps you down for long... you have weak moments but thats when we step in and carry your weight...(no comment  tongue.gif )

We are here for your venting and for your laughter and when you can only type with one hand

And when you make it through all this ... we will sit down and have a few drinks  trink38.gif    cosmo.gif but no  patron.gif   for you we will save for when you meet digi

for everyone else when she does her "thing" I will come in and post the results for her so I can update those who would like to know.
She is a tough OLD bird and will make it through this ... just to come back and drive me through the roof  tongue.gif  pokey.gif  

#59 blonde77th

blonde77th

Angel watching over us

• Members *
  • 42993 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 09:18 AM

ohmy.gif She is a tough OLD bird  ohmy.gif  pokey.gif

I will be back to do more than just bug you  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  pokey.gif  beathorse.gif  bolt.gif  

#60 chaotica

chaotica

T-I-Double Guh-Errr

• Members
  • 7278 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 09:24 AM

Good and take this bd.gif  and  moon.gif   tongue.gif

I'll be waiting for the fight biggrin.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users