437 replies to this topic

#21 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The Sphere

• Members *
  • 7745 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 10:22 PM

View PostDread Pirate Robert, on 02 September 2018 - 09:24 PM, said:

End of 3rd quarter, LSU 33, Miami 3.   As much as I would like to see Miam's further humiliation, I am tired and going to bed.

It was more of the same. You didn't miss much.

Sponsored Post

#22 Dread Pirate Robert

Dread Pirate Robert

Avast and belay, ye scurvy dogs!

• Members *
  • 22806 posts
  • Location:Sailing on the High Seas or drinking in a tavern in Port Royale
  • Interests:Plundering, Drinking, Wenching

Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:39 AM

Miami has not won a game since starting  10-0 last season.   4 losses in a row since then.   (They played only 11 games in the regular season last year, due to a game being canceled and not rescheduled)

#23 Dread Pirate Robert

Dread Pirate Robert

• Members *
  • 22806 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:24 PM

We SC Gamecock fans were hoping South Carolina could challenge Georgia for the SEC East title this year, and would prove it in this second week matchup,  but SC got curbstomped by the Dawgs 41-17 instead.    Ug.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert, 09 September 2018 - 07:11 PM.

#24 Dread Pirate Robert

Dread Pirate Robert

• Members *
  • 22806 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 07:10 PM

At least this also happened in the SEC East, which I like:
Florida vs. Kentucky score: Wildcats shock Gators, end nation's longest active winning streak

After more than three decades, the streak is finally over in a disastrous night for the Gators

After 31 years, it's finally over.
Florida fell 27-16 Saturday night to visiting Kentucky, ending the Gators' 31-game winning streak over the Wildcats -- the longest active winning streak over an opponent in FBS. Their last win prior to Saturday night was Nov. 15, 1986, four years before Steve Spurrier took over in Gainesville, for some perspective. It's the first win for Kentucky in Gainesville since 1979, which was when Jimmy Carter lived in the White House, if you needed a little more of that perspective to soak in from this moment.

Rest of article:

https://www.cbssport...winning-streak/

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert, 09 September 2018 - 07:14 PM.

#25 Dread Pirate Robert

Dread Pirate Robert

• Members *
  • 22806 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 06:24 PM

Big 10 did not help its rep this weekend, with 7 out of 13 teams who played losing to unranked non-conference opponents, Wisconsin among them.

I am sorry to say that this Bama team might be Saban's best ever.   Bama looking scary good.

Vandy went to Southbend and put fear deep into Irish fans' hearts, but didn't pull off the upset in the end.  .   Alas, so close . . .   Voters in the polls might ask, however, why is ND ranked number 8 in the country when perpetually lowly Vanderbilt almost beats them at ND? If this game were taken as how ND would fare if it played in the SEC, ND would be a middle of the pack team at best.   Then again, I suspect that about ND almost every year.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert, 16 September 2018 - 06:40 PM.

#26 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 8973 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:28 PM

View PostDread Pirate Robert, on 16 September 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

Big 10 did not help its rep this weekend, with 7 out of 13 teams who played losing to unranked non-conference opponents, Wisconsin among them.

I am sorry to say that this Bama team might be Saban's best ever.   Bama looking scary good.

Vandy went to Southbend and put fear deep into Irish fans' hearts, but didn't pull off the upset in the end.  .   Alas, so close . . .   Voters in the polls might ask, however, why is ND ranked number 8 in the country when perpetually lowly Vanderbilt almost beats them at ND? If this game were taken as how ND would fare if it played in the SEC, ND would be a middle of the pack team at best.   Then again, I suspect that about ND almost every year.

Penn State fought back hard for the win against Kent State!  Getting a score of 63-10 is not easy!  :lol: :lol: :P     But yeah, Big 10 teams are supposed to beat those week 2 opponents.

#27 Dread Pirate Robert

Dread Pirate Robert

• Members *
  • 22806 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:55 PM

ND stays at number 8. What a joke.  If ND had lost to Vanderbilt at home, you think they would have fallen more than 5 slots in the polls?   I doubt it, given the apparent policy of always pretending ND is much better than it is.     Gah, the bullshit about ND every year is vomitous.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert, 17 September 2018 - 03:07 PM.

#28 Dread Pirate Robert

Dread Pirate Robert

• Members *
  • 22806 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:03 PM

View Postblueschica, on 16 September 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

View PostDread Pirate Robert, on 16 September 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

Penn State fought back hard for the win against Kent State!  Getting a score of 63-10 is not easy!  :lol: :lol: :P But yeah, Big 10 teams are supposed to beat those week 2 opponents.

It was week 3 ;)

#29 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The Sphere

• Members *
  • 7745 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 05:21 PM

View PostDread Pirate Robert, on 17 September 2018 - 02:55 PM, said:

ND stays at number 8.    What a joke.  If ND had lost to Vanderbilt at home, you think they would have fallen more than 5 slots in the polls?   I doubt it, given the apparent policy of always pretending ND is much better than it is.     Gah, the bullshit about ND every year is vomitous.

Notre Dame along with the SEC, are media darlings and ND being a "Catholic" school, they have a lot of supporters.

Edited by Fordgalaxy, 17 September 2018 - 05:22 PM.

#30 Dread Pirate Robert

Dread Pirate Robert

• Members *
  • 22806 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:36 PM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 17 September 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

ND stays at number 8. What a joke.  If ND had lost to Vanderbilt at home, you think they would have fallen more than 5 slots in the polls?   I doubt it, given the apparent policy of always pretending ND is much better than it is. Gah, the bullshit about ND every year is vomitous.

Notre Dame along with the SEC, are media darlings and ND being a "Catholic" school, they have a lot of supporters.

The SEC has earned its rep as the consistently best conference in college football.   ND's rep is just all pretend BS.

#31 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 68627 posts
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:45 PM

View PostDread Pirate Robert, on 17 September 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

ND stays at number 8.    What a joke.  If ND had lost to Vanderbilt at home, you think they would have fallen more than 5 slots in the polls?   I doubt it, given the apparent policy of always pretending ND is much better than it is.     Gah, the bullshit about ND every year is vomitous.

The SEC has earned its rep as the consistently best conference in college football.   ND's rep is just all pretend BS.
ND was a powerhouse in the day, but, yeah, it's a ratings grab now.

#32 pjbear05

pjbear05

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2832 posts
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 18 September 2018 - 12:34 AM

View PostDread Pirate Robert, on 17 September 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

ND stays at number 8. What a joke.  If ND had lost to Vanderbilt at home, you think they would have fallen more than 5 slots in the polls?   I doubt it, given the apparent policy of always pretending ND is much better than it is. Gah, the bullshit about ND every year is vomitous.

Give it a couple of weeks.  The Cardinal will expose that fraud.

#33 pjbear05

pjbear05

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2832 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:26 AM

Miami demolishes North Carolina 47-10.  Caines defense scores 3 touchdowns on turnovers and cause 2 more turnovers that result in touchdowns.

#34 pjbear05

pjbear05

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2832 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:30 AM

Big 10 unbeaten battle of 4-0's.  Ohio State @ Penn State, who ya got?

go Nittany Lions!

#35 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 8973 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:19 PM

View Postpjbear05, on 28 September 2018 - 09:30 AM, said:

go Nittany Lions!
I'm with ya!  Go PSU!!  WE ARE . . .       (not alums but people who have lived nearby so long we love Penn State!)

#36 pjbear05

pjbear05

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2832 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:29 PM

View Postblueschica, on 28 September 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

View Postpjbear05, on 28 September 2018 - 09:30 AM, said:

go Nittany Lions!
I'm with ya!  Go PSU!!  WE ARE . . .    (not alums but people who have lived nearby so long we love Penn State!)
Neither am I, but as A Michigan fan any team that's kicking Ohio State's ass is all right by me.

#37 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 68627 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 09:43 AM

What's with Bama's crap schedule?  

B.S.

#38 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The Sphere

• Members *
  • 7745 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 04:17 PM

View Postgoose, on 29 September 2018 - 09:43 AM, said:

B.S.

Texas A&M is in the Top 25 but the rest of the schedule so far has been week. They don't really have a potential tough game until LSU which isn't until November 3rd. Seems the SEC isn't quite the conference powerhouse this year like all it's fans think it is.

What gets me is they always schedule a cupcake the week before they play Auburn because they're a bunch of pussies, starting at the top with Satan Saban.

Edited by Fordgalaxy, 29 September 2018 - 04:19 PM.

#39 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 68627 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 06:47 PM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 29 September 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

B.S.

Texas A&M is in the Top 25 but the rest of the schedule so far has been week. They don't really have a potential tough game until LSU which isn't until November 3rd. Seems the SEC isn't quite the conference powerhouse this year like all it's fans think it is.

What gets me is they always schedule a cupcake the week before they play Auburn because they're a bunch of pussies, starting at the top with Satan Saban.
They essentially get two weeks' rest, playing a live scrimmage in between.  Less exertion and far less risk of injury.

The national title means less and less each year as teams reach the playoffs having faced little adversity.

#40 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The Sphere

• Members *
  • 7745 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 07:46 PM

View Postgoose, on 29 September 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 29 September 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

B.S.

They essentially get two weeks' rest, playing a live scrimmage in between.  Less exertion and far less risk of injury.

The sycofans don't care, they just want wins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users