"Sgt. Pepper's" "Revolution No. 9" To "Abby Road" Album Cover! Did Paul Die In A Car Crash in 1966? Shears Made The Beatles Better? Hoax? Hogwash?

RUSHHEAD666

Revolution No. 9 To A Relative Revelation? Real Rumor Or Rectum Rash?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Ture Or False? Paul McCartney Was Killed In An Automobile Crash In 1966 And They Found A Double To Replace Him!

• TRUE! PAUL IS DEAD! Just listen to Sgt. Peppers, No 9 and see the Abby Road album cover! Billy Shears is Paul's replacement. George Burns knows! "OH GOD!"
    • FALSE! WHAT A BUNCH OF RUBBISH!! Don't believe anything you read or listen too! Pure hoax, pure bullshit! Waste of time!!! Paul has a Rubber Soul! He will live on forever no matter what you believe!

The Beatles are a very strange case with me. Although I acknowledge that they were collectively the greatest songwriters of modern music, I never listen to them.

As far as the Paul is dead thing, it's fun reading about the clues, but that's where it all ends. It's just marketing.

• Like 2

Paul was carrying a cigarette in his RIGHT hand. He's left handed. He would have been 28 IF he didn't die (adding a year per some cultures for time in utero). The word Beatles is cracked. A shadow is a skull. The band was a funeral procession (minister, mortician, corpse, grave digger). He's out of step with the other three. "I buried Paul." O.P.D. The flowers spell Paul and are shaped like a THREE stringed left handed guitar. The walrus with out stretched arms symbolizes death and "the walrus was Paul."

It's true. It's all there man. :)

open palm over paul's head...

yesterday and today original cover...

• Like 1

Dont know if it is true, maybe that's the point.

But I looked into this, my brain wont quit sometimes. Off my memory here is what I found were the most compelling theories.

1 Italian cosmetic surgery Doctors compared pre 66 Paul and post Paul and found stark anomalies in facial features. Their conclusion was, there are 2 Pauls.

The article is around somewhere - must be true lol.

2. Rolling Stone magazine(that reliable source) Found a Dr m Truby in 1969 that studied the voice print pre and post 66, the time allegedly Mr mcartney was replaced.

He also concluded there are several different voices/people to the pre Paul.

Then there are the shoe size differences. Paul disappearing to Africa around this time, his body guard Mal, dying in strange circumstances, just as he was about to release a revealing book - that vanished. Then there are the album clues visual audible. One of which is, on sgt peppers, there is reference to a book, 3 men in a boat. This story is roughly about 4 guys in a boat, where one is killed, the remaining 3 agree to never talk about it again.

And to finish, its purely anecdotal and conjecture as this all is ( makes for a great story tho) there are Heather Mills(pauls ex wife) wild claims

about Paul - people not being able to handle the truth.

All in all its great marketing :)

Edited by condemned2bfree
  • Like 1

On 12 October 1969, a caller to Detroit radio station WKNR-FM told disc jockey Russ Gibb about the rumor and its clues. Gibb and other callers then discussed the rumor on the air for the next hour. Two days after the WKNR broadcast, The Michigan Daily published a satirical review of Abbey Road by University of Michigan student Fred LaBour under the headline "McCartney Dead; New Evidence Brought to Light". It identified various clues to McCartney's death on Beatles album covers, including new clues from the just-released Abbey Road LP. LaBour had invented many of the clues, and he was astonished when the story was picked up by newspapers across the United States.

On 21 October 1969, the Beatles' press office issued statements denying the rumor, deeming it "a load of old rubbish" and saying that "the story has been circulating for about two years—we get letters from all sorts of nuts but Paul is still very much with us." Rumors started to decline when, on 7 November 1969, Life magazine published a contemporary interview with McCartney in which he said, "Perhaps the rumor started because I haven't been much in the press lately. I have done enough press for a lifetime, and I don't have anything to say these days. I am happy to be with my family and I will work when I work. I was switched on for ten years and I never switched off. Now I am switching off whenever I can. I would rather be a little less famous these days."

A television program was broadcast on WOR in New York on 30 November 1969, hosted by celebrity lawyer F. Lee Bailey, in which Bailey cross-examined LaBour and other "witnesses" about the rumor, but he left it to the viewer to determine conclusions. Before the recording, LaBour told Bailey that his article had been intended as a joke, and Bailey sighed and replied: "Well, we have an hour of television to do; you're going to have to go along with this."

Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 1

I saw the Beatles live on their first Ed Sullivan appearance in 1964 and fell in love with Paul McCartney. He was everything in my life for the next 3 years... Even though I was one only 10 years old when Sgt. Pepper came out, I knew Paul was 'different'.

A few years ago, I came to the conclusion Paul died Sept 11 1966. The mirror on the drum of Sgt. pepper tells you the truth. I ONE IX HE DIE. (11 09 Paul died).

Here is the smoking gun.... On September 12, 1966, the first episode of the Monkees aired. I was watching. In the middle of the show, they interrupted the show with a special bulletin.. One of the Beatles was dead.. News at 11. True story. I pestered my parents to let me stay up to watch the news but by then, the story was covered up..

• Like 3

I saw the Beatles live on their first Ed Sullivan appearance in 1964 and fell in love with Paul McCartney. He was everything in my life for the next 3 years... Even though I was one only 10 years old when Sgt. Pepper came out, I knew Paul was 'different'.

A few years ago, I came to the conclusion Paul died Sept 11 1966. The mirror on the drum of Sgt. pepper tells you the truth. I ONE IX HE DIE. (11 09 Paul died).

Here is the smoking gun.... On September 12, 1966, the first episode of the Monkees aired. I was watching. In the middle of the show, they interrupted the show with a special bulletin.. One of the Beatles was dead.. News at 11. True story. I pestered my parents to let me stay up to watch the news but by then, the story was covered up..

RC!!!!!

I TOTALLY BELIEVE YOU!!!

It's insane how much I love WINGS though but Billy Shears was obviously a great selection. Makes sense. I mean dollars and sense!!!!!

I love how this poll is tied 8 to 8!!

The Beatles were always the "BAND ON THE RUN!"

On 12 October 1969, a caller to Detroit radio station WKNR-FM told disc jockey Russ Gibb about the rumor and its clues. Gibb and other callers then discussed the rumor on the air for the next hour. Two days after the WKNR broadcast, The Michigan Daily published a satirical review of Abbey Road by University of Michigan student Fred LaBour under the headline "McCartney Dead; New Evidence Brought to Light". It identified various clues to McCartney's death on Beatles album covers, including new clues from the just-released Abbey Road LP. LaBour had invented many of the clues, and he was astonished when the story was picked up by newspapers across the United States.

On 21 October 1969, the Beatles' press office issued statements denying the rumor, deeming it "a load of old rubbish" and saying that "the story has been circulating for about two years—we get letters from all sorts of nuts but Paul is still very much with us." Rumors started to decline when, on 7 November 1969, Life magazine published a contemporary interview with McCartney in which he said, "Perhaps the rumor started because I haven't been much in the press lately. I have done enough press for a lifetime, and I don't have anything to say these days. I am happy to be with my family and I will work when I work. I was switched on for ten years and I never switched off. Now I am switching off whenever I can. I would rather be a little less famous these days."

A television program was broadcast on WOR in New York on 30 November 1969, hosted by celebrity lawyer F. Lee Bailey, in which Bailey cross-examined LaBour and other "witnesses" about the rumor, but he left it to the viewer to determine conclusions. Before the recording, LaBour told Bailey that his article had been intended as a joke, and Bailey sighed and replied: "Well, we have an hour of television to do; you're going to have to go along with this."

Damn! No wonder this thing is a tie!!!!

Hence we will never know the honest truth!!!

Like we will never know what happens to us until after we die..........

I remember very well when "Paul is dead" was going around. It was right about the time Abbey Road was released. I remember reading about it and then my friends and I studying the album cover for more clues. Then there was something about if you played a song backwards, you heard "Paul is dead." I remember staring at my turntable and trying to figure out how to do it - play the song backwards. :LOL: Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I would love to hear how the coverup kept Paul's father and brother (who certainly wouldn't be fooled by an impostor) from speaking out.

Allegedly, money talks, or threats allegedly against all the insiders... perhaps they were 'encouraged' to play along

RC, was it a convincing book?

For me yes. But as I said in an earlier post, it is a Fact than on September 12 1966 during the first episode of the Monkees, there was a breaking bulletin that one of the Beatles was dead. It was hushed up instantly, but the Beatles spent their remaining years together giving clues, starting with the mirror on the Sgt Peper drum

• Like 2