2016-17 NHL Season Thread

blueschica

I said the RULES are the same. Cant you read? Of course ice hockey is more difficult.

Cant you focus at all? Allow me to recap

I said i know a great deal about hockey, which i do. You seem to think that those who play ice hockey know more. I disagreed by saying deck hockey has the same RULES so those who play deck hockey understand hockey. But i get it. When people are shown to be wrong, they change the focus of the conversation as you repeatedly have done. I know more about hockey in my pinky than you do in ya whole head.

Is Crosby the greatest player in the world? Answer that.

If you say no, then you show your ignorance in understanding hockey.

People who have played ice hockey do know more about what makes someone a great ice hockey player than people who have never done it. Is that really that complicated a concept, Gandalf? You've never played real hockey so your knowledge in this area, like it apparently is across the board, is limited.

Who is the "greatest" player is subjective. Crosby is an extremely talented skater and puck handler. But why aren't you capable of seeing that people can think that being a whiny crybaby makes an otherwise talented player less "great?" Is it the same reason you were never coordinated enough to play ice hockey? Probably not, but I get a kick out of a "deck" hockey (guffaw) player thinking that his knowledge is more expansive about ice hockey than, say, any 7 year old kid who puts on skates and plays. Face it. They've done it. You couldn't.

Again your brain is muddled. deck hockey has the SAME RULES as ICE HOCKEY. And I see you have no idea what "left wing lock" is.

Lord you're dumb or a great troll.

I never wanted to skate..but since you have brought it up.

I was/am coordinated enough to have played and still play: Golf (10 handicap for 18 holes), bowling (215 average the last 20 years), softball, basketball, tennis, baseball, deck hockey (guffaw), swimming.....

But hey, you coach and can skate so you know more. Laughable dude, laughable.

You aren't coordinated enough to play real hockey. Or you would have, since you act like a little child whenever someone dares to claim that one of your heroes isn't their favorite player too. So you clearly worship ice hockey players. You just didn't have it in you do it yourself. That's OK, it's a hard sport, particularly if you aren't a good athlete.

Oh, and a "left wing lock" is playing with one of the forwards dropping back on defense, in your example the left wing. Is it hard for deck hockey (snicker) players to run backwards to employ that strategy? Do you clowns work on your backwards running in practice?

What's "laughable" is a street hockey self described all star thinking he knows anything about ice hockey. What's laughable is an immature adult who cries like a baby when someone says they don't like his favorite player.

I said the RULES are the same. Cant you read? Of course ice hockey is more difficult.

Cant you focus at all? Allow me to recap

I said i know a great deal about hockey, which i do. You seem to think that those who play ice hockey know more. I disagreed by saying deck hockey has the same RULES so those who play deck hockey understand hockey. But i get it. When people are shown to be wrong, they change the focus of the conversation as you repeatedly have done. I know more about hockey in my pinky than you do in ya whole head.

Is Crosby the greatest player in the world? Answer that.

If you say no, then you show your ignorance in understanding hockey.

People who have played ice hockey do know more about what makes someone a great ice hockey player than people who have never done it. Is that really that complicated a concept, Gandalf? You've never played real hockey so your knowledge in this area, like it apparently is across the board, is limited.

Who is the "greatest" player is subjective. Crosby is an extremely talented skater and puck handler. But why aren't you capable of seeing that people can think that being a whiny crybaby makes an otherwise talented player less "great?" Is it the same reason you were never coordinated enough to play ice hockey? Probably not, but I get a kick out of a "deck" hockey (guffaw) player thinking that his knowledge is more expansive about ice hockey than, say, any 7 year old kid who puts on skates and plays. Face it. They've done it. You couldn't.

One of the dumbest statements I have ever read. Do you even understand how stupid this sounds?

So you admit you don't read your own posts, huh?

Sydney Crosby (Cindy Crysbaby) is a sissy dirtbag prima donna. What he did to Subban last night was the cheapest thing I have seen any "superstar" do. I almost hope someone ends his career next game.

It was a pretty bad move by Crosby, but you're ridiculous dude.

Niskanen hitting Crosby was much worse than this. And Crosby gets shit like that done to him on a regular basis. Do you even watch Penguin games during the regular season?

But haters gonna hate.

And pretty much every player in the NHL hates Subban. He's an asshole on skates.

You don't like Subban? Why? Because you're a whiny crybaby? I'm surprised a guy who's played "deck" hockey for two decades (snicker) doesn't see he's one of the game's best defensemen.

Just kidding. I'm not surprised. You know nothing about ice hockey. I haven't seen you post anything anywhere else that suggests your knowledge on any other topic is more expansive. Is it?

Sydney Crosby (Cindy Crysbaby) is a sissy dirtbag prima donna. What he did to Subban last night was the cheapest thing I have seen any "superstar" do. I almost hope someone ends his career next game.

It was a pretty bad move by Crosby, but you're ridiculous dude.

Niskanen hitting Crosby was much worse than this. And Crosby gets shit like that done to him on a regular basis. Do you even watch Penguin games during the regular season?

But haters gonna hate.

And pretty much every player in the NHL hates Subban. He's an asshole on skates.

I hope Crosby gets the punishment he deserves tonight. Over-rated, prima donna.

How the heck is the best player in the world over rated?????????????

Calls made in his favor. Malkin is a better player. And he doesn't cry.

Ridiculous. Hard to have a conversation with someone who is this much of a hater. You cry more than he does. How about going with the FACTS and not your own biased opinion?

But no one cries more than you.

The Penguins sure are a polarizing team, yes?

Here's the funny thing: I don't actually dislike the team. I don't like Crosby's antics, but they aren't like the Canadiens for me. In 2013 when the Bruins swept them in the playoffs ( :gumby:) I never really worked up a hatred for them during that series.

But I will cop to REALLY disliking people who talk to other posters the way Gandalf does, and adopting that style myself towards them once they do it. My own shortcoming, I know.

Winners are always polarizing.

Not always. A lot of people outside of Pitt don't like the Pens, but I'm willing to bet a lot of people outside of Nashville would have been happy to see the Preds win the Cup.

• Like 1

Not always. A lot of people outside of Pitt don't like the Pens, but I'm willing to bet a lot of people outside of Nashville would have been happy to see the Preds win the Cup.

My fault. I meant consistent winners, not first-time winners. See Yankees, Cowboys, Patriots, etc.

Golf (10 handicap for 18 holes)

Not bad! :cheers:

How insane would a TRF golf outing be? Mayhem, debauchery, bedlam, looting, wilding...and then maybe we'd find time for nine holes.

I'm in as long as I can get drunk and drive the golf cart! That is usually what I do best at golf :LOL: I also play a mean 19th hole :D

... I said Crosby was a skilled hockey player. He is a dirty player though, and he whines about other people being dirty, which is why I don't like him.

I have the same feelings and I don't think I am a hater. I am happy for Mario and his achievement of getting his name on the Cup five times. I didn't like him very much in his early career and also Gretzky ( :scared: blasphemy I know :eh: ) I was actually rooting for the Bruins in 1988 and felt the media was going overboard on praising Gretzky, just as I am with Crosby now. Perhaps in time I will change my opinion of Crosby but not now.

I am very disappointed that a bad call by the refs :rage: may have changed the momentum in game 6 but the Preds had 3 power plays they did not convert on so.... :sigh: what could have been will have to wait for another year. I am also thinking of the Oilers having to get beat bad by the Islanders multiple times before they became the champions (loved the Names on the Cup program that NBCSN and NHL network showed this year). Winning the Cup is what the players all want to win and it is the hardest one to achieve.

Looking forward to the draft and to see who gets to be part of the Las Vegas Knights and then

:hockeygoon: let's go Hawks!! :ebert:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

... I said Crosby was a skilled hockey player. He is a dirty player though, and he whines about other people being dirty, which is why I don't like him.

I have the same feelings and I don't think I am a hater. I am happy for Mario and his achievement of getting his name on the Cup five times. I didn't like him very much in his early career and also Gretzky ( :scared: blasphemy I know :eh: ) I was actually rooting for the Bruins in 1988 and felt the media was going overboard on praising Gretzky, just as I am with Crosby now. Perhaps in time I will change my opinion of Crosby but not now.

I am very disappointed that a bad call by the refs :rage: may have changed the momentum in game 6 but the Preds had 3 power plays they did not convert on so.... :sigh: what could have been will have to wait for another year. I am also thinking of the Oilers having to get beat bad by the Islanders multiple times before they became the champions (loved the Names on the Cup program that NBCSN and NHL network showed this year). Winning the Cup is what the players all want to win and it is the hardest one to achieve.

Looking forward to the draft and to see who gets to be part of the Las Vegas Knights and then

:hockeygoon: let's go Hawks!! :ebert:

What a coincidence, Rhyta, I was rooting for the Bruins in 1988 myself. :)

I think, sadly, Jimmy Hayes is going to be off to LV. He needs a change of scenery.

• Like 1

Blackhawks looking to unload Kruger :( and VanRiemsdyk. It may happen soon. The team will have three assistant coaches next season: Dineen, Samuelsson and Granato. It's going to be a little crowded behind the bench. :wacko: New schedule will be released on June 22nd. :popcorn:
  • Like 1

Just a reminder:

Pens won the Cup

Sid on the Conn Smythe.

Best.in.the.world.

One of my kids plays in a summer real hockey league. Saturday morning I was talking to another dad, who also played real hockey, during the game. I mentioned to him your thought that deck hockey (guffaw) uses the same rules as hockey, so they're basically the same game. His response?

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Keep practicing your outside edge work. Next season is right around the corner.

Edited by Rick N. Backer

Just a reminder:

Pens won the Cup

Sid on the Conn Smythe.

Best.in.the.world.

One of my kids plays in a summer real hockey league. Saturday morning I was talking to another dad, who also played real hockey, during the game. I mentioned to him your thought that deck hockey (guffaw) uses the same rules as hockey, so they're basically the same game. His response?

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Sigh.... Sid says hello ! Edited by Mithrandir

Just a reminder:

Pens won the Cup

Sid on the Conn Smythe.

Best.in.the.world.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Sigh.... Sid says hello !

He did? I thought there was an order that you can't directly contact him or get within 50 feet of him?

Just a reminder:

Pens won the Cup

Sid on the Conn Smythe.

Best.in.the.world.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

He did? I thought there was an order that you can't directly contact him or get within 50 feet of him?

Sigh. Sid says hello!

Just a reminder:

Pens won the Cup

Sid on the Conn Smythe.

Best.in.the.world.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Sigh. Sid says hello!

I know. You said that already. Do they not wear helmets in deck hockey (giggle)?

Hossa won't play next season, maybe never again. :| Let's try spending the money wisely. VanRiemsdyk to Vegas. That means we keep Kruger. Season opener Oct. 5th against Pittsburgh.
  • Like 1