Huge Hemispheres Poster on Amazon

Presto-a RUSH fan!

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/gobrownstd54/hemispherespostersm.jpg

If you like this pic and want one in poster size 36"x 24" for literally $.08 plus $3.99 shipping, then below is a link to Amazon where you can get it. Now they also offer it in the following formats:

Canvas - Hand Stretched Gallery Wrap $99.95

Plaqued - Black Trim Wood $69.95

Poster Hanger EZ-Hang Frame $12.99

As you can see the price increases but oddly enough, the shipping stays at $3.99, obviously built into the price of the item. I'm not sure what the Poster EZ-Hang Frames go for, but if you want to hang it, that might be the best way to go.

NOW IMPORTANT INFO. THIS POSTER, THE BASIC $0.08 ONE, LITERALLY CHANGES PRICE ALMOST DAILY, ONE TIME, TWICE IN ONE DAY FROM $.08 TO $2.99 AND A BUNCH OF PRICES IN BETWEEN. RIGHT NOW IT'S SHOWING FOR $0.98, NOT MUCH OF A BIG DEAL, BUT IF YOU WANT TO SAVE THAT $0.90 JUST PUT IT IN YOUR AMAZON SHOPPING CART, AND YOU CAN HIT "SAVE FOR LATER" AND THEN EVERYTIME YOU GO TO YOUR SHOPPING CART, ANYTHING IN THERE THAT HAS CHANGED PRICES SINCE YOU ADDED IT TO YOUR CART, WILL SHOW THE INCREASE OR DECREASE IN PRICE. SO INSTEAD OF USING AMAZON'S WISH LIST, ALWAYS PUT ANYTHING YOU ARE INTERESTED IN, INSIDE YOUR SHOPPING CART AND THEN JUST HIT "SAVE FOR LATER". IF YOU DO THAT, YOU WILL SEE HOW UNBELIEVABLY OFTEN AMAZON (AND THEIR VENDORS) CHANGE THEIR PRICES. SO I LITERALLY HAVE IN MY SHOPPING CART, 162 ITEMS, JUST ALL "SAVED FOR LATER", WHEN SOMETHING DOES CHANGE PRICE, A BEIGE COLORED BOX WILL POP UP AT THE TOP OF YOUR SHOPPING CART THAT TELLS YOU EVERY SINGLE ITEM THAT CHANGED PRICE SINCE THE LAST TIME YOU WERE IN YOUR CART. AND YOU WILL BE AMAZED THAT AMAZON'S PRICES ARE LIKE THE STOCK MARKET. PRICES GO UP AND DOWN, SOMETIMES DAILY, ALOT OF TIMES MAYBE JUST $0.50 BUT SOMETIMES, ALOT OF TIMES ACTUALLY, YOU WILL HIT GOLD AND THE DVD YOU WANT THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY $15.99 FOR WILL ONE DAY POP UP FOR $6.99, AND THEN YOU POUNCE.

Sorry for the all caps I was initially going to just put the part about waiting for the price to drop back down to $0.08 and I really didn't intend on putting all this in my post, but as I was writing it, I figured I'd let my RUSH friends in on a feature of Amazon that not alot of people know about. Maybe the Wish lists do this now, I don't know, but when I used to use them they didn't. But that day I saw an item that I hit "save for later" popup showing the price change, I realized that putting every and anything I'm interested in possibly buying, into my shopping cart and just saving it for later, I could just check into my shopping cart daily and see if there is any gold to be had.

And one last tip, if you use Amazon alot, you really should sign up for Amazon Prime for $79 per year and get FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING on anything that has the little "Amazon Prime" logo in the description. And ALOT of items like DVDs, BluRays, Books, electronics etc are eligible. I have not paid for shipping on anything I've bought on Amazon for 2 years and I get it lightning fast, well in 2 days. Alot of times, the thing that makes an item on Amazon not worth it is the shipping, and granted they do offer free 3-5 day shipping, so if your patient, unlike myself, save the $79. But to me, it's so worth it, ESPECIALLY around Christmas and Birthdays. This Christmas I bought something for my niece on December 21st around 10pm and got it on the 23rd. Sometimes, you even luck out and get it in one day, depending on where they ship from and what time you order.

So sorry for the rambling, here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Rush-Hemispheres-Pos...28981712&sr=8-1

EDITED TO SAY: LITERALLY, IN THE TIME IT TOOK ME TO WRITE THIS POST, THE PRICE CHANGED FROM $0.98 TO $0.40! $0.08 is the cheapest I have seen it in the year or so I have had it in my cart.

Edited by Presto-a RUSH fan!

We don't have the wall space for a poster, although I would LOVE one, but thanks for the "save for later" tip! trink39.gif

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Feb 11 2012, 02:25 PM)
We don't have the wall space for a poster, although I would LOVE one, but thanks for the "save for later" tip! trink39.gif

I know! I want this poster myself but have no where to put it.

And your welcome for the tip. I'm telling you, you will be shocked and amazed at all the price changes and you will end up saving some money if you do it that way.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Feb 11 2012, 02:25 PM)

Here is an example of what will happen if you follow the tip in my OP when you go to your shopping cart. And again, you have to enter your cart, to have this message pop up. And this message will popup every time you enter your cart if you happen to have anything in there, whether ready to buy or saved for later. Both items shown in this pic are "save for later" items.

And go ahead, make fun of me for having a cat toy and a Mel Gibson movie in my shopping cart! laugh.gif

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/gobrownstd54/amazon-price-change-ex.jpg

BTW, I really liked Apocalypto and as soon as the Mel Gibson hoopla erupted with the taped phone conversations I added this into my cart thinking that the price would drop because of Mel's hijinks. Well strangely enough, the price kept INCREASING in the days and months after that scandal came out. The day that movie drops to about $6.99 I think I will pull the trigger.

I literally bought this same poster a couple of weeks ago. I know it wasn't 8 cents but it was still fairly cheap. Considering the cost of the frame, the cost of the poster is still pretty much a drop in the bucket.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Feb 11 2012, 04:45 PM)
I wonder what my wife would think about this in the living room...

laugh.gif

I tried the same thing with an autographed Geddy print. It lasted for two weeks.

To the OP: Thanks for the "save for later" deal. Pure genius as far as I'm concerned. I will be buying this poster and hanging it in my garage.

2.gif

got it a few months ago

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Feb 11 2012, 06:53 PM)

laugh.gif

I tried the same thing with an autographed Geddy print. It lasted for two weeks.

To the OP: Thanks for the "save for later" deal. Pure genius as far as I'm concerned. I will be buying this poster and hanging it in my garage.

2.gif

Psh, lame wives. I insisted that my husband hang my Beyond The Lighted Stage poster in our living room. He happily agreed. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Feb 11 2012, 05:41 PM)

laugh.gif

2.gif

Psh, lame wives. I insisted that my husband hang my Beyond The Lighted Stage poster in our living room. He happily agreed. biggrin.gif

Wut?

That's it! I want a new model! wink.gif

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Feb 11 2012, 07:47 PM)

laugh.gif

2.gif

Wut?

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Feb 11 2012, 02:53 PM)

laugh.gif

2.gif

laugh.gif

It goes on the wall of the man cave. Along with the trout photos of course. biggrin.gif 653.gif 2.gif

I don't think this poster is vintage (not like anyone's saying it is), only because I started seeing it available a few months or a year ago on ebay, and it's so readily available so cheaply. My guess is either it's a reprint or a brand new poster just using a vintage-era picture.

Regardless, it's a VERY cool poster, just sayin' in case anyone thinks they're getting a vintage poster from 1978 or something.

I'd get it myself, but unfortunately the days of me having wall space for multiple Rush posters ended in my early 20's. I'm happy with my framed Moving Pictures promo poster. yes.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Feb 11 2012, 05:47 PM)

laugh.gif

2.gif

Wut?

I got the new model about 3 1/2 years ago after a 20 year marriage to someone who would never go for any rock n' roll stuff anywhere but in the man cave. I said something to the new model along the lines of "I don't know where should I put my rock n' roll stuff when I move in with you?" (which will happen within the next couple of years because her place is in the better neighborhood) and she says "Wherever you'd like......we'll work it all out". trink39.gif to me and her!!

Edited by driventotheedge

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Feb 12 2012, 12:47 AM)
QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Feb 11 2012, 05:47 PM)

laugh.gif

2.gif

Wut?

I got the new model about 3 1/2 years ago after a 20 year marriage to someone who would never go for any rock n' roll stuff anywhere but in the man cave. I said something to the new model along the lines of "I don't know where should I put my rock n' roll stuff when I move in with you?" (which will happen within the next couple of years because her place is in the better neighborhood) and she says "Wherever you'd like......we'll work it all out". trink39.gif to me and her!!

trink39.gif Wtg!

Our house is covered in posters and collectibles. I've never had a problem with it, and neither has he. I'm not one of those chicks who cares about the design or flow of the house. Why wouldnt you make your house look how you want it? Some women are so weird..

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 12 2012, 01:39 AM)
I don't think this poster is vintage (not like anyone's saying it is), only because I started seeing it available a few months or a year ago on ebay, and it's so readily available so cheaply.  My guess is either it's a reprint or a brand new poster just using a vintage-era picture. 

Regardless, it's a VERY cool poster, just sayin' in case anyone thinks they're getting a vintage poster from 1978 or something. 

I'd get it myself, but unfortunately the days of me having wall space for multiple Rush posters ended in my early 20's.  I'm happy with my framed Moving Pictures promo poster. yes.gif smile.gif

Yeah, there is no way it can be "vintage". And it does say "Poster Print" so I am assuming they aren't trying to pass it off as one. But I'm glad you mentioned that, I would hate for someone to buy it with that impression and then blame me!

And your welcome to those of you who thanked me for the tip on Amazon. I'm telling you, the day I figured that out, was HUGE for me since I buy so many books, dvds and I even buy stuff like Vanilla flavoring for my coffee.

And if you want another tip that most people don't know about, check out this section of Amazon called Subscribe and Save: https://www.amazon.com/gp/subscribe-and-sav...ails/index.html

It basically allows you to get items from shampoo to...well vanilla flavoring for coffee (and all the consumable type items that you buy all the time like toothpaste and toilet paper for instance) and you get a lower price for the item, and then it will automatically re-order for you every one month or two months or whatever amount of months you choose. I think it goes up to every 6 months. But here is the beautiful thing about it. You can buy the item at the lower price using the subscribe and save program and set it up for, lets say every 2 months. But if you don't need the item when that 2 month reorder date comes up, you just hit "skip this delivery" and it goes back to 2 months from then. Now, I am not one who likes to have anything auto-renew or auto order for me. So some times, what I do is, I order using the subscribe and save program. Sometimes saving up to like $2.00 on an item that is say $12.00 (which at $12 is a good deal, especially with free shipping). But then I simply just wait a day and cancel my subscription for that item. They don't bound you to it, ie you can't cancel it at any time. So even if I don't intend to ever buy the item again, (but a lot of times I actually do and I keep the item set up as subscribe and save, I just skip the order if I don't need it) You save the $2 on the item and just cancel the subscription on that item. Now, one thing I will warn you is, you should make sure before you set up a subscribe and save that the price is really worth it. I have found items where I thought it would be a great deal and then I check the price at the store and it's not. So you have to really know the normal price you can get the item for at the store. One thing that they don't do though is, even if you have an Amazon Prime membership (the free 2 day shipping on all eligible items) the shipping time is 5 to 7 days. But they still offer free shipping even if you don't have Amazon Prime it's just that instead of the 3 to 5 day free shipping it's 5 to 7 days free shipping.

So for an example of an item that I saved money on that I use and I kept the subscription active, here is the product: http://www.amazon.com/Torani-Syrup-Vanilla...29030712&sr=8-4 (look to the right side where you hit add to cart and you will see the option to set up a subscibe and save) When I researched the price of a bottle of the same item it was I think something like $6.99 at my local store for 1 bottle. By using this program, I bought 3 bottles and saved about $6.00 ($2 on each bottle) on an item that I know I will use and use often. One thing you need to watch though is they can and do change the price of the item. So in this case, when I bought this 3 pack I paid $14.19. Now using the subscribe and save feature it's $14.83, still a great deal, but I have read reviews on items that I was looking at possibly using this program and people have said they raise the price sometimes to make it where your not really saving all that much money or actually paying more. So you really have to watch these subscriptions when they are up to re-ship and make sure the price is still worth it. For me, from $14.19 to $14.83 is still a huge bargain. AND also, keep this in mind, if it's not a food item, there is no sales tax, so if it's toothpaste you are saving sales tax as well by buying on Amazon instead of at your local store. (then again there may be states that Amazon is located in where they do have to charge you sales tax, I must not be in one because I have never paid sales tax on anything I've bought on Amazon.

So anyway, there is another tip that I found out about and use and save money with.

Sorry to go off topic but I figured people who use Amazon or just want to save money, might find this helpful.

Way ahead of you, mein froind. I got mine a few months ago. It's framed and hanging on the wall next to my side of the bed. Next to the RTB black&white 11x17 one. Did you see that one? It was under $5 and one I hadn't seen before. They're both beautiful posters! wub.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 11 2012, 10:21 PM)
Am I a terrible person that after reading this thread I wouldn't get this poster because it's so popular and so many people have it?  unsure.gif

Yes you are. It's all good Goober. Your just getting old and grumpy. It's normal. old.gif tongue.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 12 2012, 03:21 AM)
Am I a terrible person that after reading this thread I wouldn't get this poster because it's so popular and so many people have it?  unsure.gif

Yes, you are a terrible person! wink.gif laugh.gif But just because you're so terrible doesn't mean you aren't right occasionally! laugh.gif

The one thing that will truly convince me that you aren't a "terrible person" will be the day you make a thread with a title like this, oh and you will eventually make this thread...you are too honest not to admit when you change your mind:

"Wow...I was wrong, Vapor Trails is amazing!"

Of course in the body of the thread you'd say "While we all agree it's sonically horrible and needs re-mastering...."

trink39.gif