Rush in Brazil!!!

Rod in Toronto

The anticipation is killing me...to a point that I can hardly do anything at work, and it's still only Monday morning here!!

Will there be rain, as it did the last time they were here?

Will there be changes in the setlist?

Will Geddy have a go at saying anything in Portuguese on stage?

Will I manage to spend LESS than $500 in tour merchandise this time?

Which concert will have the biggest crowd this time, Rio or sao Paulo?

Will I be able to meet the boys in the band, so that one of them can touch my right knee and heal it?

I'll let you know the answers to these intriguing questions and post a few pictures next week, after I'm able to calm down from the surge of adrenalin.

I just booked my flights from Rio to Sao Paulo and back, and managed to save on accommodation by staying at a long time friend's house. That leaves me much more $$$$ to spend on tourbooks, t-shirts and the like.

In the Vapor Trails Tour they were selling this cool keyring with the spinning flaming ball at the center of it. I wonder if there's anything this cool on sale this time.

muito obrigado:) Hello Rodrigo and greetings from Finland! Any ZY stations (AM or FM) that cover RUSH music there, even now and then or as well there the biggest cult progrock band that ever existed..with hardly no play ? So nice that RUSH will do the SA leg, Grande Finale for year 2010 giving their lively, emotional and honest fans (as seen on dvd..) a time of their life. Also Chileans wait also the band to come as the salvation drill to finish the hole and save the brave miners. Exiting times, hope the weather will be better this time (Brazil;). I wait here Prince to come, but that's another story but still (last week saw Jon Andersson, the Voice of YES, in fine form.). RUSH have assumed control..

QUOTE (hannuFIN @ Oct 5 2010, 03:07 PM)
muito obrigado:) Hello Rodrigo and greetings from Finland! Any ZY stations (AM or FM) that cover RUSH music there, even now and then or as well there the biggest cult progrock band that ever existed..with hardly no play ? So nice that RUSH will do the SA leg, Grande Finale for year 2010 giving their lively, emotional and honest fans (as seen on dvd..) a time of their life. Also Chileans wait also the band to come as the salvation drill to finish the hole and save the brave miners. Exiting times, hope the weather will be better this time (Brazil;). I wait here Prince to come, but that's another story but still (last week saw Jon Andersson, the Voice of YES, in fine form.). RUSH have assumed control..

Hey, mate. The one radio station I think would play Rush over here is Sao Paulo's Kiss FM...then again, I haven't been living in Brazil for the past few years, and came back only recently, so I could be wrong.

I wish I could get to see Rush in Chile and/or Argentina as well, but it's not that easy to take time off work in South America, and I've just started a new job. But that's cool. My wife will join me to see them in Rio, and she usually takes the coolest picks. I'll post them somewhere and send you guys te link.

QUOTE (Bonghitsforjesus @ Oct 5 2010, 10:03 PM)
Will I be able to meet the boys in the band, so that one of them can touch my right knee and heal it?

rofl3.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

rofl3.gif biggrin.gif cool.gif smile.gif I mean it man, it hurts pretty bad after too much running this year. I'll stick to the swimming until I meet Geedy Alex and Neil. That is, if they feel it's suitable to use their magical healing powers on me...