Common/Popular Foods you Dislike

JohnnyBlaze

Love pizza. I can understand not liking it if you don't like cheese or "pastry" though. Thin crust removes a lot of the bread and Chicago style deep dish reduces how much the bread and cheese dominates.
  • Like 3

PIZZA

1. Shitty tasteless pastry

2. Cheese seems to be a staple ingredient

3. I can all the contents of the toppings in another better meal with no shitty pastry

Speaking as someone who once lived in the UK you have probably never had any good pizza.

There is no good pizza!

Time to move. :D

I dont know what I would do without pizza. Its like all 5 food groups in one ready to eat slice of wonderfulness.

• Like 3

PIZZA

3. I can all the contents of the toppings in another better meal with no shitty pastry

Speaking as someone who once lived in the UK you have probably never had any good pizza.

There is no good pizza!

I dont know what I would do without pizza. Its like all 5 food groups in one ready to eat slice of wonderfulness.

It's not all the food groups. It's missing chocolate and beer :D

• Like 1

most fruits and vegtables

This make me very sad

Why?

Which ones do you hate exactly? Bananas? Strawberries? Oranges? Corn? Green beans? Green peppers? What?

I hated peas and corn growing up. Now I love both.

I hated tomatoes as a kid, now I like them. I also thought lettuce was boring (but I could eat it) in elementary school. Can't imagine burgers and tacos without them now. Salad too, of course.

Roma tomatoes are boring. Iceberg lettuce is boring.

Heirloom tomatoes are interesting. Romaine lettuce spiced up with some kale and arugula can make your salad pop. Roast some garlic with salt and olive oil and add a add a dash of freah ground mustard seed to a salad dressing with balsamic vinegar. Salt to taste

No doubt.

I think I wasn't into lettuce because my parents rarely made dishes with it. We always ate all kinds of veggies but they were almost always cooked.

Even in 21st century Blaze gatherings, there's always a salad but it's always the most neglected dish on the table. People eat it but it's more out of pity. Really, how can even a kick ass salad compete with regular Blaze family event entrees like roast pork, fried turkey, baked salmon, deep fried spring rolls, and grilled shrimp skewers? It's like having a talented high school kid (that's still trying to land a scholarship) on the same court with an NBA legends team led by Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan. :LOL:

a kick ass salad doesn't complete. It compliments.

All I can say is maybe you should come to a Blaze gathering once. No matter how good the salad is, we'd see how much salad you'd have. I'd bet money that you wouldn't go back for seconds on the salad BUT you would on almost everything else. :yes:

Oh, by my NBA analogy I meant that the kid would be playing WITH those legends not against them.

Or maybe I would just make some f***in yakisoba or something

:LOL:

Funnily, there's no yakisoba at a Blaze family gathering. It's (Filipino) pancit for those events. Pancit would be like Kareem Abdul Jabar, insanely popular and always excellent. :LOL:

Yakisoba only appears in my place out here. I like both but pancit is much better imho. Hard to come by the right pancit noodles out here so I never make it.

Oh shit my bad. You live in Japan but I wrongly assumed you are Japnanese. I really do pay attention I swear!! ;)

Are pancit like rice noodles? I should look that shit up ;)

No problem. My parents are from the Philippines, I was born & grew up in the states, and now I'm living in Japan.

I would've answered your question earlier but I just saw it now. And you've obviously already looked it up then posted the delicious pancit pic.

Yakisoba is much oilier, usually uses a thicker noodle, and generally contains less ingredients.

Coincidentally (or not), whenever I make yakisoba, it turns out more similar to pancit. That is, less oily. That's a good thing to me and luckily, my wife too.

You want more sexy food? Look up "adobo". There IS adobo in other parts of the world but naturally, I favor the Filipino style.

Oh yeah. Love me some adobo.

• Like 1

As a vegetarian I do not eat any sort of animal flesh. I don't particularly dislike it, but I haven't eaten any for 10 years so, there ya go.

But this is about what you dislike, not preference. Do you not dislike anything?

Meat aside, I dislike the aforementioned mushrooms, passion fruit, blue cheese, and cilantro (although I can blame that on my genes). I eat just about everything else vegetarian.

Listen to this then I don't like any foods and I just breathe in the air around me and it sustains me, in fact it makes me as strong as whole yoke of oxen. How do you like that for veganism/vegetarianism you damn plant killer!! :madra: I'm an AIRETARIAN! :yes:

http://www.breatharian.com/home.html

I think I lost some IQ points reading that site :eh:

Well here's one back for you...

http://i63.tinypic.com/im811y.jpg

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 2

Pizza.

I'm with treeduck on this one. Never understood the popularity. It doesn't taste that good at all.

Then obviously you haven't been to any good pizza joints. :pizza: :pizza: :pizza:

No it just sucks, pizza pastry sucks, cheese sucks, pizza sucks. I don't care if it's your favouite fuckking brand, I don't care if God made it. If I took a bite I'd have to spit it out on the floor and :bang bang: it.

• Like 1

PIZZA

There is no good pizza!

It wouldn't matter where I went, it wouldn't matter if I was on the Planet Pizza, there's no good pizza. There's no good pizza in the universe, multiverse, omniverse or any other verse. End of story.

PIZZA

There is no good pizza!

It wouldn't matter where I went, it wouldn't matter if I was on the Planet Pizza, there's no good pizza. There's no good pizza in the universe, multiverse, omniverse or any other verse. End of story.

What if you made your own? Would it be any better? :)

PIZZA

There is no good pizza!

nah

PIZZA

There is no good pizza!

nah

A lot of pressure here to make duck eat pizza.

PIZZA

There is no good pizza!

nah

He will eat the pizza.

PIZZA

There is no good pizza!

Pizza lives up to all hype. I'm sure there are people somewhere who think breathing air, having sex, or water to drink is overrated.

PIZZA

There is no good pizza!

nah

No anchovies?

Pizza.

I'm with treeduck on this one. Never understood the popularity. It doesn't taste that good at all.

Then obviously you haven't been to any good pizza joints. :pizza: :pizza: :pizza:

I'm not sure what you would consider a good pizza joint? In my area there are plenty of local places that people tell me have good pizza. I've tried them before and the taste just doesn't appeal to me. Same thing with the more popular places like Dominos or Pizza Hut.

No matter what kind I eat, I always think "eh, that's so-so, what's the big deal with it?"

Sometimes there's a popular thing you just don't get or understand. Pizza is one of those things for me.

A good pizza joint is not a national chain pure and simple. But we all have things we like or do not.

• Like 1

PIZZA

There is no good pizza!

:yes:
  • Like 1

PIZZA

There is no good pizza!

nah

He will eat the pizza.

It's not just pizza I don't like the ingredients of pizza, such as cheese. It sucks. Cheese is sour milk that's been mixed with an enzyme from the gut of a dead calf and then bacteria is added. It's disgusting!

PIZZA

There is no good pizza!

nah

He will eat the pizza.

:LOL:

My bros used to do all sorts of things to get me to eat eggs: hide it under my rice in a bowl that was already prepared for me, chase me around the house with it, wave it in my face, offer me money, etc. There's even a video out there that we made about 15 years ago in which BennyBlaze and I are both playing acoustic and singing this bluesy type number about trying to eat eggs. At the end of it, I take a bite out of some scrambled eggs and I nearly vomit (real). I did it then just for the laugh even though they're repulsive. But yeah, I've tried all kinds of eggs possible many times over but could never stand them.

Also, I'm not sure why but the egg odor intensity out here isn't as strong as it is stateside. Less of that sulfur smell. But I've tasted them here many times too...and they're still gross.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

PIZZA

There is no good pizza!

nah

No anchovies?

No thing.

PIZZA

There is no good pizza!

nah

He will eat the pizza.

It's not just pizza I don't like the ingredients of pizza, such as cheese. It sucks. Cheese is sour milk that's been mixed with an enzyme from the gut of a dead calf and then bacteria is added. It's disgusting!

On a boat with a goat?

In a house with a mouse?

Try it! Try it!

Try it, Tree!

You will like it,

Wait and see!

Edited by goose
  • Like 3

PIZZA

There is no good pizza!

nah

He will eat the pizza.

Actually, I tried to defend you earlier by saying that the bread wouldn't matter because you hate cheese too. But you know how some of these TRFers are, they'll defend pizza like they'll defend Rush.... :LOL:

"Listen jerk, Cygnus X-1 is a kick ass song. It's got one of the greatest riffs in the history of music! You're not giving it a shot! You gotta listen to it another 50 times! Try it with headphones on! Try it uninterrupted in your car at top volume! Try it while hanging upside down in a cave in Brazil! If you still don't like it then you're just not being smart or objective!" :LOL:

PIZZA

There is no good pizza!

nah

He will eat the pizza.

If he can dodge a wrench he can dodge a ball.

• Like 1

PIZZA

There is no good pizza!

There was definitely no pizza on Megadon in 2111.

PIZZA

There is no good pizza!

nah

No anchovies?

No thing.

Aw... :(